Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny is going Free-to-Play, what does it mean for Warframe?

(PSN)SpicySpaceTurtle

Nothing?

As much as its interesting to try full destiny because vanilla was avaible not so long ago for free already and was quite a sht experience, at the core currently its a completely different game. Its also borderline unplayable for solo players after a certain point and is also very pvp centeted, all its so called true end game revolves around either non match made Raids or pvp. Those are both things no one exactly likes in warframe. Plus its an old game. There were rumors d3 is on the way, if its true theres even fewer reason to now plunging into the second one

Why the heck you fear competition? If you were any smart, youd be BEGGING for it because if you dont have one you become too comfortably and lazy and still get all the profit while doing the absolute minimum. Why strive to become better and develop something worth players time if theyre gonna play your trash anyway? Its so funny but if the anthem didnt flop, you be enjoying warframe more than you do now but alas. I hope destiny will be actually able to engage new players and wont slide into the same dump anthem did. 

Edited by -Temp0-

3 hours ago, (PS4)SpicySpaceTurtle said:

Don't waste your breath. There are way too many Warframe fanboys here.

Funny you say that because I got quickly burned out playing destiny before I reach power requirement for nightfall because the game puts so many limits on how you play or progress like why should I do these powerful gear milestones just to progress or I won't get any gear with higher power than I currently have?

On 2019-06-08 at 2:06 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Or they could get an actual QA team together, you know, like every single other developer in this world, even small devs have with like 5 employees..

DE does have one though and one member participated in one of the livestreams a year or few ago. Q&A Teams work immensely to find bugs as much as they can with the resources they have available but it is a mathematical equation that no matter how much time Q&A Team is given prior the launch of an update, there will always be bugs that slip trough simply because 10 people playing for an hour is the equivalent of one Q&A Team member working for 10 hours to find possible bugs and scale that to 10 000, the equivalent time of 1250 days of work (regular work day duration is 8 hours´, and even that calculation excludes the time it takes to make reports, it only accounts pure gameplay testing), in 100's of thousands of players that is even more, but you get the point of exponential scaling of time by amount of testers. This is why no matter what game company with even large Q&A teams there is always a handful of bugs that slip trough. 

Edited by BETAOPTICS

4 hours ago, (PS4)SpicySpaceTurtle said:

Look for the answers in a large wedge of cheese. The more holes, the more places for the answers to hide. Choose your cheese wisely.

i prefer looking at the pit of clouds or was it clowns? while it may not slow jyggalag down it is nice to look at though not the best idea but it does start to smell after abit hmm must have been clowns clouds dont smell bad they taste of butter and tears 

I mad an account for warframe more than a couple months ago. I think it's great, but I know it's best played with friends. So I haven't really spent any time since I played the first couple days.

I stopped playing destiny shortly after the release of Destiny 2.

I just want to give my honest opinion as someone from the outside. And I can honestly sat that I will likely spend more time playing Destiny after it goes FTP, even though I know that Warframe is the superior title.

Why? I'm an avid gamer, though thanks to work I can't spend as much time playing anymore. But when I do, I want the best options. When playing solo I want the full mouse and keyboard, 1440p 144fps experience. But when my friends, whom mostly play on PS4 are online I want to be able to jump over there and not feel I've wasted my previous time in-game.

Cross-play and cross saves at least, are actually massive for me when I consider what games to play. Currently enjoying dauntless actually.

Anyway, I assure you DE, those that want to play on multiple systems, are likely those with more cash to spend, and that is being honest, the question is, do you think the investment will be worth it.

Peace all.

6 hours ago, NeillMcAttack said:

I mad an account for warframe more than a couple months ago. I think it's great, but I know it's best played with friends. So I haven't really spent any time since I played the first couple days.

I stopped playing destiny shortly after the release of Destiny 2.

I just want to give my honest opinion as someone from the outside. And I can honestly sat that I will likely spend more time playing Destiny after it goes FTP, even though I know that Warframe is the superior title.

Why? I'm an avid gamer, though thanks to work I can't spend as much time playing anymore. But when I do, I want the best options. When playing solo I want the full mouse and keyboard, 1440p 144fps experience. But when my friends, whom mostly play on PS4 are online I want to be able to jump over there and not feel I've wasted my previous time in-game.

Cross-play and cross saves at least, are actually massive for me when I consider what games to play. Currently enjoying dauntless actually.

Anyway, I assure you DE, those that want to play on multiple systems, are likely those with more cash to spend, and that is being honest, the question is, do you think the investment will be worth it.

Peace all.

It will worth it, if the whole community can wait to have the same release date and have all things available for all platforms, including jade and obsidian skin to purchase on PC

On 10 de junho de 2019 at 5:21 PM, TheRealShade said:

Unfortunately I fear it won't mean anything, but it'd be nice if I were wrong and Bungie could finally compete with Warframe so DE doesn't do things half-heartedly.

On 10 de junho de 2019 at 8:20 PM, Pr1A said:

Yeah some real competition would be great.

On 11 de junho de 2019 at 6:16 AM, -Temp0- said:

Why the heck you fear competition? If you were any smart, youd be BEGGING for it because if you dont have one you become too comfortably and lazy and still get all the profit while doing the absolute minimum. Why strive to become better and develop something worth players time if theyre gonna play your trash anyway? Its so funny but if the anthem didnt flop, you be enjoying warframe more than you do now but alas. I hope destiny will be actually able to engage new players and wont slide into the same dump anthem did. 

That's what I'm saying... Like I said in my post, I'm not saying Warframe is doomed or is going to END. But the "advantage" that Destiny has over Warframe is that it is much easier to get into (something no one can dispute), so a NEW player who wants a "sci-fi looter shooter", may stir to Destiny (despite all it's faults). And I think this could be a great "motivator" for DE to fix/change the "entrance" to Warframe and possibly even progression (something Steve HIMSELF stated in an interview with youtuber Mogamu).

"White-knights" comming into the thread simply saying that this means "Nothing" (when EVEN Warframe parters says otherwise) are either naive, or are affraid of how the game might change... Something I don't think Digital Extremes is.

Warframe's greatest advantage is it's Community and it's relation with the Devs, something Bungie seems to have lost...

That's why I am curious, even excited, to see how everything unfolds... In September.

Again with the white knight bs.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they're a white knight. 

Seriously, that stupid as hell title is used to try and shut other opinions down. If I think it means nothing, then I think it means nothing. There isn't any more to it, it's really that simple. You may think it does, and that's fine. You can think what you want. But keep in mind, if you want to have any kind of discussion, don't be quick to dismiss the opinion of others. Otherwise you come off as narrow minded and petty because "whit nites tryna ruin muh dread."

Edited by Sajochi
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

And I think this could be a great "motivator" for DE to fix/change the "entrance" to Warframe

A small team had already been dispatched to remake the intro quest months ago.

Devstream 122

New Player Experience

• Making the game more accessible to new players is a piece of feedback we hear a lot! And we’re working on it!
  • Revisiting the beginning of the game. Here’s a tease:

f89c1ee29d7fd10d509f09dd88a0f6aa.jpg

Soooo yeah. A bit pointless "warning" of dooooom still.

Edited by Firetempest

7 hours ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

That's what I'm saying... Like I said in my post, I'm not saying Warframe is doomed or is going to END. But the "advantage" that Destiny has over Warframe is that it is much easier to get into (something no one can dispute), so a NEW player who wants a "sci-fi looter shooter", may stir to Destiny (despite all it's faults). And I think this could be a great "motivator" for DE to fix/change the "entrance" to Warframe and possibly even progression (something Steve HIMSELF stated in an interview with youtuber Mogamu).

"White-knights" comming into the thread simply saying that this means "Nothing" (when EVEN Warframe parters says otherwise) are either naive, or are affraid of how the game might change... Something I don't think Digital Extremes is.

Warframe's greatest advantage is it's Community and it's relation with the Devs, something Bungie seems to have lost...

That's why I am curious, even excited, to see how everything unfolds... In September.

What exactly do you expect to happen in September?

That Warframe (and DE along with it) goes belly up or something?

You do realise that your feeble attempts at stirring up drama over nothing, just paint you as yet another one of these malcontents, that flood the forum with whine threads because DE haven't pandered to your particular demands.

DE will keep on doing what they've always done, unless they feel the need to change things. They have a roadmap for the game's development, for the next several months - some details of which they have shared with us. Like most things about the game, it is subject to change as work progresses.

I'm pretty sure DE couldn't care less what other developers are doing, since their games bear little resemblance to warframe, other than sharing a genre.

Don't know if you're familiar with the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Well, whatever DE have been doing for the last 6 years has obviously worked for them. They quite clearly do take on board some feedback, where appropriate, but they aren't going to cater to everyone's whims.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Цитата

That's what I'm saying... Like I said in my post, I'm not saying Warframe is doomed or is going to END. But the "advantage" that Destiny has over Warframe

La-mao.
I mean literally none. Unless you count 140$ paid dlcs that should have been a part of the main game (60$) as an advantage.

Now some say that some dlcs will be included in that free to play version, but even so its neither here nor there and you still divide your playerbase. And you still will have to pay for future ones or so I assume. The game's also not new and you will need to do a LOR of cath ups and why exactly?  They will sooner release D3 than you will catch up to old players anyway.

Even as someone barely logging in in WF, I dont see what I should or can be doing in Destiny 2. Finished the campaign, played some after, its boring af in vanilla, theres nothing to do. You simply dont freaking read when peopel say its a rather bad game and absolutely not what most players like about warframe, because its not warframe.

And thats all not to say COMPETITION IS A GOOD THING YALL. 

Цитата

are either naive, or are affraid of how the game might change...

You fear competition like a plague and you call other people naive. I cant even. Its also same people who thought Anthem is gonna snatch wf players. ANd see now where Anthem is *hello darkness my old friend~ Ive come to talk with you again

I would very much like for it all to be tru but it wont unfortunately, unless Bungie will turn 180 and make it an actual f2p and copy paste the same model where every expansion is free and their only source of incom is cosmetics.

And idk about everyone else, Im gonna be playing Bl3 in September, not Destiny or Warframe.

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

And idk about everyone else, Im gonna be playing Bl3 in September, not Destiny or Warframe.

I'll still be playing Warframe and not playing Destiny. Bungie might fix their white elephant, but I doubt it'll be that soon and I actually don't think they'll be able to. Not completely. 

BL3...that remains to be seen. I have plans for it eventually, but it'll be in 2020 at the earliest on PC because of Epic's bad behavior. I might look earlier on console, but that'll depend on factors outside the game--and those factors presently seem to have little interest in it. It's best as a MP game and if no one in my usual console group plans on picking it up, there's no point in me doing so. 

On 2019-06-13 at 5:10 AM, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

Hard to call them "White Knights" when what they are saying can be proven empirically.

Destiny did do a F2P period and it did nothing significant to Warframe player numbers.

The simple facts are that the two games share very little in common... They are both Sci-Fi based and that's about it.

• 1st vs 3rd person view
  • PvE vs PvP
  • Free vs Paid
  • Very different communities
  • Very different development styles

IMO, you are complaining about apples vs oranges.

Had it been managed properly... Anthem, funnily enough, could have carved out a reliable niche siphoning from both playerbases though as it had a lot in common with both games. 

• Like 1

Цитата

BL3...that remains to be seen. I have plans for it eventually, but it'll be in 2020 at the earliest on PC because of Epic's bad behavior

Didnt say I was going to play it on Epic either.

And also if you think Epics bahavior is "bad" and thats why you dont wnat to support epic (depending on what you mean), well Gearbox ceo is just a deranged psycho so yeah about that.

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

Gearbox ceo is just a deranged psycho so yeah about that.

I don't make excuses for Randy. He's a shady dude, to put it mildly.  

He's also not the publisher and if he'd just keep his mouth shut about 75% of the controversy swirling about this game would have never happened. 

This is about Epic and their behavior, which has all the hallmarks of a '70s used car dealer, only lacking the polyester leisure suits on the mouthpieces they trot out from time to time to lie harder about their store.

Even if you disregard their (lack of) ethics in publishing, you still have a barely functional store that for all it touts what it does for devs, has shown no advantage to the consumer. Their idea of customer service is holding games hostage through exclusives so you have to use their piss poor storefront if you want the game on PC the year it comes out. 

No thanks. 

Цитата

He's also not the publisher

What does it matter if all who buys any BL game is putting money into his pocket. He literally owns BL series. And he just doesnt deserve any of it. I mean Im not buying st from corporation like Epic, so Im also not gonna sponsor someone like Randy either.

But thats beside the point of this topics.

Am 10.6.2019 um 13:33 schrieb (PS4)leonidasx666:

[...]

it would matter if destiny was actually good. as it stands its content doesnt even compare to warframe, no matter the endgame issue or not. a new player will be busy for quite some time until he/she reaches the state of "where endgame ?".

Warframe is one of my all time favorite games, but I'm worried about what is to come. As we all know, Destiny 2 is going free to play very soon. Destiny 2 offers much more in the fields of content, and story, with expansions every 3-4 months, and things to do in between. Warframe is about to face competition on a scale it has never faced before. It boils down to there needs to be more story related events/quests, and more items on a more regular basis. 

Concerns:
If changes aren't made, Warframe will lose popularity and be forgotten.
There is no endgame, and don't give me that "Fashionframe is endgame" crap, that is a stupid meme that needs to die.
There is nothing to do once you hit godlike power in Warframe. Raids could fix this, maybe. 
One story quest a year is not enough for the lore nerds like me, I'm not asking for more cinematic quests per year, just more quests in general. 
Nightwave is boring, it feels like a chore to do to.

Hopes:
Railjack looks spectacular, and I hope that it will offer a new challenge to the game.
The New War/sentient tileset are things I've looked forward to for a long time, and can't wait to see what new strangeness it brings.
More story events/quests throughout the year, with a cinematic quest late in the year would be really good.
I believe alerts should exist along side Nightwave, for those of us that would rather have a random helmet alert than grind for money to by a helmet, or wait for nitain rotations.
An endgame mode/raid that would be more puzzle oriented than the NUKE EVERYTHING meta that has developed for this game. 
Difficulty sliders for missions, allowing powerful players to go to any location, and fight enemies that they deem a challenge. (personally, I can kill about everything below level 80 in a single shot, and would like to go into a mission with stupid high level enemies.)

Thank you for reading, hope to see this game continue to evolve for many more years.

• Like 1

11 минут назад, Xydeth сказал:

it would matter if destiny was actually good. as it stands its content doesnt even compare to warframe, no matter the endgame issue or not. a new player will be busy for quite some time until he/she reaches the state of "where endgame ?".

Its hilarious that someone got it or presents the games so backwards.

Warframe is casul galore with no endgame that keeps casuls forever busy with mundane chores like nightwave or similar st.

Destiny 2 is a game that throws you in pvp, pvp like pve that is still pvp, and endgame activities aka raids right after you finish the campaign.

Smh.

But thats why warframe players wont like Destiny, its centered all around either pvp or non random match made raids, theres almost nothing to do or farm while you alt-tabing with one hand watching netflix. Its either you go full no life or go home.

Edited by -Temp0-

30 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Its hilarious that someone got it or presents the games so backwards.

Warframe is casul galore with no endgame that keeps casuls forever busy with mundane chores like nightwave or similar st.

Destiny 2 is a game that throws you in pvp, pvp like pve that is still pvp, and endgame activities aka raids right after you finish the campaign.

Smh.

But thats why warframe players wont like Destiny, its centered all around either pvp or non random match made raids, theres almost nothing to do or farm while you alt-tabing with one hand watching netflix. Its either you go full no life or go home.

this "no endgame" because you're stronger than thanos when compared to guardians and we have this news about bungie nerfing good exotics to keep the endgame engaging so do you like your mesa, saryn, chroma and all nuke frames nerfed to ground as the act of balancing for endgame?

Also, that's the only thing that you will do, either do the raid, pvp or whatever grinding activity every time, hardly anything else than that, that's the only thing you will do until you get that god roll weapon

How you dare compare Warframe with any other game? That's just ridiculous.

Warframe is a unique thing.

I've been playing Kenshi, that is another game that is a one of a kind that cannot be compared to anything.

Anyone that has the simplest knowledge about what Warframe is, would never dare to compare it to anything else. 

Endgame for one, we can consider ourselves stronger than thanos and guardians are pale in comparison unless you can show the world a guardian that able to deal 182 million damage in one shot so tell me, how raids can fix this? And we have this news about bungie nerfing things because they're too OP to keep the raids challenging so would you accept having your gears that able to kill everything below level 80 in a single shot nerfed to make it in line with other gears that can't to balance it?

I would argue about destiny have more content and story when all activities that you do is shooting enemies in the face all the time, not to mention doing the same thing over and over until you get that one weapon with god roll (basically a weapon with innate riven in it) with things to do being not different. Also, the expansions are not free unless you're okay with warframe having railjack, the new war and upcoming content cost money, DE would be able to give more quest and cinematic quest at faster pace (of course they also cost money)

Puzzle oriented? We have exploiter orb for that

Destiny 2 went free before and we didn't see any effect on warframe, I doubt this would be different

48 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

I've been playing Kenshi, that is another game that is a one of a kind that cannot be compared to anything.

You're about the fourth person I've run across lately singing the praises of Kenshi. 

I've glanced at it and...not sure what to think, which is basically what I thought about WF when I first looked into it. 

Might have spring for this one and see what's what.