Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kontrollo

Add A Setting For Other People's Energy Colour

One thing I liked about Marvel Heroes when I played it for a bit some years ago is that my allies' effects were severely toned down. You could have all the big splashy effects on abilites, but it didn't turn into the visual spam that is Warframe in certain missions.

The same thing would probably be too much a task with the myriads of powers, effects and weapons. But there's a rather simple solution:

Proposal:

• Let us override our fellow players' Energy Colours just for our own game somewhere in the display settings.
  • Optional: Add a toggle, too.
  • Optional: Let us bind it to a hotkey.

Reason: My display settings are usually fine, even with spammy high particle weapons like Catchmoon (using default energy colours). But there's often one player who thinks that white/bright cyan/bright pink is the best thing since sliced bread. And if you tell them to not point it at you at least, you rarely even get insults in response.

Emissives don't need that, by the way.

Here's a mockup of what I'd like to see (toggle optional, default would be no override just like on Warframes etc.):

Spoiler

iC60Imz.jpg

Would vote for this option, or atleast allow us to dim the allied energy colours (like we can do with our own front and back regalia).

I agree since particule rework some people find pleasure to use over-bright color on their simulor , i like this weapon myself but i've put back a dark color on it because  without that , everyone became blind (mostly on the tennos side).

Best we have at the moment for something like this is the "Effects Intensity" slider, though it dims the brightness of all visual effects (including your own). It would be nice to just have another one of these sliders, honestly, one for you and one for allies. That way you can keep all the fancy colors without going blind.

Hmm.  I may take some flak for this, but I'm inclined to say no.  I'd be okay with toning down effects, but changing the colors of allies' energy on your end doesn't sit well with me at all.  See, I'm a fashion framer, and part of that is the energy color.  My choice of energy color is a fashion statement.  I happen to be one of the ones who thinks that hot pink is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I choose that because I think it says something about me, and I want other players to see that, but if my allies are seeing... y'know... dusty brown or drab grey or puke yellow or something, then why am I bothering?  Why did I spend plat on the infested color palette if my teammates can just say, "nope, I don't wanna see that color"?  I know we're not talking about the warframe colors, but still--I want my team to see the colors I picked out, including energy.  And it's a two-way street--I for one love seeing the color combos that others have picked out, including energy.  Now, I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but that's my two cents on the matter.  And again, I'd support an option to simply lower the intensity/brightness without changing the color.

9 minutes ago, Ailith said:

Best we have at the moment for something like this is the "Effects Intensity" slider, though it dims the brightness of all visual effects (including your own). It would be nice to just have another one of these sliders, honestly, one for you and one for allies. That way you can keep all the fancy colors without going blind.

Well, something like that would work, too...

But to be entirely honest, I don't particularly care for for the fanciness of cyan and pink, even if I could dim their brightness.

Ah yes, the eventual end point of any multiplayer game that gradually expands customization options. I remember back when I was in the process of falling out with Planetside 2, the only cosmetic I wanted to buy was a token that would hide everyone else's cosmetics. Sadly such a thing did not exist, and I rather doubt DE will implement anything of the sort in WF either, even just for energy colors.

Bruh, I've been asking for this for years now. +1.

I have to play the game with most settings toned down and particles off because with a group of just becomes a light show and I literally can't see what our where to shoot.

Ally mandachord has a slider, why not energy colors? Nowadays I will instantly leaves if I see someone using a blinding color staticor or mirage+simulor, Gimping down the effect intensity ruins the experience for high graphics quality enthusiast like me.

I almost forgot -- given the responses here, I thought it'd be a good idea to create a mockup of what I have in mind:

iC60Imz.jpg

As mentioned in the OP, the toggle could be optional. Then it'd simply depend on having anything selected as energy colour, just like Warframes and other equipment have their defaults.

I've been thinking a bit about this. In case adding colours and a colour selection popup is difficult to implement in the options menu, here's an idea for even easier way to add this:

Simply make it a toggle button, and when activated it overrides all allied energy with what I have on my Warframe at the moment.

• Pro: Menu code doesn't have to be touched at all
  • Con: It'll become more difficult to distinguish between my own and other people's abilities/effects

The negative would of course be a bit of a nuisance, but it'd still be far better than what we currently have, especially if we can bind it to a hotkey.