Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Herculxs

Ignis Wraith

Recommended Posts

I firmly believe the ignis Wraith should be available to all clans to be researched. Clans are a community of players and one community shouldn't have a forever lasting advantages over another. This is a game of collecting weapons and frames, so if a clan cannot provide that weapon then people will join a clan that can.

I already know what people will say in response:

1) tradable

2)those clans won it fair and square

3)baro can sell it

My response to those

1) So it's right for people to profit off of those till the end of time by selling them in trade chat? People will join a clan with ignis Wraith to simply get a bit of easy plat, unkool. This is still a problem on PS4, pc may have nice people who try not to profit off of it.

2) okay, they may have been a top clan then but what about all the new clans? I've seen many clans rise up and become a top competing clan, they deserve to be able to fight for that research.

3) Baro selling the ignis Wraith is a joke, it's like 500 ducats or something. People would rather clan hop for easy access than spend that many ducats on something that can be obtained another way.

 

I see clans say that they have the ignis Wraith in their recruitment msg, it is a cold hard fact that them having the ignis Wraith helps them recruit. If it didn't help then they wouldn't say it, but of course it helps cuz they can offer something that others cant.

My clan has won 2 dojo contests, we are very active and definitely a competing top mountain clan, yet no ignis Wraith.

I'm not asking for a handout, I want another competition so my clan can beat everyone and win the ignis Wraith, new clans deserve the chance to prove their worth. People who don't want another competition simply don't want more clans to get this ignis Wraith because then they don't have an advantage anymore! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you make it sound like players who trade the ignis wraith BP make like 50 plat off of it even tho its worth about 2 plat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On PS4 I've seen the Ignis Wraith sell anywhere from 5 - 10 plat.  And rare I see people in TC looking to buy it. 

I can understand the point you're trying to make, but don't make it sound like its some big money making item because it is certainly not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you trying to needlessly open up a can of worms in this debate of events & rewards? Most events in the game have introduced or innovated upon features that have already been in the game. I couldn't care less if clans do or don't have Ignis Wraith, and I've never really encountered clans that wave around Ignis Wraith as some sort of token of prestige. Baro is still a reliable substitute, it sounds like you lack the ambition & patience to gather Ducats, which quite frankly isn't a difficult task at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

pc may have nice people who try not to profit off of it.

From my experience with PC, people sell it for up to 5 plat. No one tried to profit from it. From my perspective, none of this is required. My clan doesn’t have it, yet I have been able to give it to everyone in my clan. This has cost me no platinum at all. 

 

Another event would be fine. I like how you are just assuming your clan would do well enough. What if it doesn’t?

  • Baro is a fine method to get it. It’s not expensive. Being too lazy to farm ducats is your problem, not DE’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

1) So it's right for people to profit off of those till the end of time by selling them in trade chat? People will join a clan with ignis Wraith to simply get a bit of easy plat, unkool. This is still a problem on PS4, pc may have nice people who try not to profit off of it.

Yes, yes it is right. Whether you like it or not, given the circumstances. Should it have happened? No. Ignis should not have been the kind of reward it was. But did it happen? Yes, it did.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

2) okay, they may have been a top clan then but what about all the new clans? I've seen many clans rise up and become a top competing clan, they deserve to be able to fight for that research.

Those clans should have competed at the right time. There's not much else that can be said about it.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

3) Baro selling the ignis Wraith is a joke, it's like 500 ducats or something. People would rather clan hop for easy access than spend that many ducats on something that can be obtained another way.

That's why anyone who buys from Baro is a plain fool. With how many players give it for free, or at a very symbolic price.

 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

I'm not asking for a handout, I want another competition so my clan can beat everyone and win the ignis Wraith, new clans deserve the chance to prove their worth. People who don't want another competition simply don't want more clans to get this ignis Wraith because then they don't have an advantage anymore! 

This I wouldn't mind. My previous clan was close to get the Ignis but we didn't make the cut. My new ghost clan, created mere months ago, doesn't have it either obviously. I don't need Ignis, but making it a returning event with more people being able to fight for it would be good. Since for me it'd be just nice to have the points Ignis gives, even if the clan rank is not important at all.

And then there's the issue of rewards for those who did win Ignis in the past. Why would they play if they already have the prize? Would they win another upgraded gun and start the issue all over again? Would anyone be wiling to endure again the painful hell that was that defection-focused event? Knowing people are still sick of it to this day?

There's many questions to it. And all of them end up at "too much trouble for a non-issue".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's already at least 1 player equipped with ignis wraith in each and every mission... i don't want to see more of them, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

1) So it's right for people to profit off of those till the end of time by selling them in trade chat? People will join a clan with ignis Wraith to simply get a bit of easy plat, unkool. This is still a problem on PS4, pc may have nice people who try not to profit off of it.

2) okay, they may have been a top clan then but what about all the new clans? I've seen many clans rise up and become a top competing clan, they deserve to be able to fight for that research.

3) Baro selling the ignis Wraith is a joke, it's like 500 ducats or something. People would rather clan hop for easy access than spend that many ducats on something that can be obtained another way.

1: It is seldomly sold for very small amounts or just given away by some of the clans who won the ability to get its clan research so it is not a big deal and even the cheapest prime parts can get you enough plat to buy the BP from someone.

2: I do believe that another chance to get the research should become available somewhere down the line with it being out for so long and the clans who got it have had enough of an advantage. I will agree with this point at the very least.

3: 500 dukats is not even that much in the long run and the BP being available to everyone via Baro is more then fair in my opinion. More options is always better especially in the way Baro does it rather affordably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree for a simple reason, it's one of the very few things that acts as any sign of prestige. Anyone can spend a ton of money and hit MR27, or buy all the mods needed for the most meta build. It's like excal prime. If you have no reason to reach a goal, why would you try? Why would the founders support the game if they knew all their gear would simply be given out for free later? I actually want there to be more things that distinguish rare accomplishments. I still rock my NMLoR/JV regelia and not the lazy excuse DE gave out for removing trials for that reason.

Also, there are plenty of people who will simply give them out for free. The clan I'm in does it all the time and one of our generals made a Reddit post letting others know. We sometimes even get raged at by people trying to sell them for plat lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-11 at 9:18 AM, m0b1us1 said:

sign of prestige

How is it still I sign of prestige when some of the newer clans are better? My clan is ranking highly in the newest event and is beating out clans with the ignis Wraith research, just because they were good then doesn't mean it is a good clan now. Shouldn't the best clans have the opportunity to provide players with research? What is so wrong with wanting to be able to provide my awesome members with research that they all deserve? 

There can be signs of prestige such as trophies and decorations that can be given. Research exclusive to those clans is an unnecessary way to signify prestige.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-10 at 4:27 PM, (PS4)Ultimaknight said:

On PS4 I've seen the Ignis Wraith sell anywhere from 5 - 10 plat.  And rare I see people in TC looking to buy it. 

I can understand the point you're trying to make, but don't make it sound like its some big money making item because it is certainly not. 

I didnt mean to imply it is big plat, but it is definitely effortless plat. It takes very little effort to go to a dojo, buy a bp and casually sell them for very easy plat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My clan has it, we spent a lot of time and effort getting it, and we give it for free.  We didn't do it for epeen or easy plat, we did it because we wanted the achievement of getting into the 10% of Shadow clans, nothing more.  

We wouldn't have an issue with the event coming back in some form so newer clans have the chance at getting the weapon. I'd love to see Simaris open up the Simulacrum to past events and let players earn past event weapons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

I didnt mean to imply it is big plat, but it is definitely effortless plat. It takes very little effort to go to a dojo, buy a bp and casually sell them for very easy plat.

And thats because they already put in the effort to get the bp. Thats why they benefit from it. And if you are too cheap to spend up to 5p on weapon that will last you years... Well, i can't give a damn at all. You give nothing, you deserve nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

My clan has it, we spent a lot of time and effort getting it, and we give it for free.  We didn't do it for epeen or easy plat, we did it because we wanted the achievement of getting into the 10% of Shadow clans, nothing more.  

We wouldn't have an issue with the event coming back in some form so newer clans have the chance at getting the weapon. I'd love to see Simaris open up the Simulacrum to past events and let players earn past event weapons.  

I'm glad you are open to the idea of giving new clans the opportunity to prove themselves.

The clans who earned top 10% worked hard for it and I respect the amount of coordination and effort, now I know there are some new clans within the last couple years who deserve to fight to be in that top 10%

 

The top 10% from the event long time ago probably wouldn't be the same top 10% today. Clans that work hard whether old or new should get rewarded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

And thats because they already put in the effort to get the bp. Thats why they benefit from it. And if you are too cheap to spend up to 5p on weapon that will last you years... Well, i can't give a damn at all. You give nothing, you deserve nothing.

I disagree. New members who havent contributed nothing to the event still get to buy the bp and sell it. 

You say "you give nothing, you deserve nothing" then explain how it is fair to people who contributed nothing but because they joined the clan after the event they can buy the bp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

now I know there are some new clans within the last couple years who deserve to fight to be in that top 10%

Eeeerg, hold up.

This implies the old 10%'ers would have to run the event again to maintain their position.  That event was awful, and I doubt people would be ok with this.  Hek, I'm not ok with that.

Put events into the Simulacrum, let new players and new clans experience them there and earn their rewards there but don't make existing rewards null.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

And thats because they already put in the effort to get the bp. Thats why they benefit from it. And if you are too cheap to spend up to 5p on weapon that will last you years... Well, i can't give a damn at all. You give nothing, you deserve nothing.

People like you is why Ignore feature exists. He just brings up a fair point that every player should have a fair shot to earn it. And clans should be able to do some sort of another challenge/event to gain Ignis research for their dojo. It should'n be "unavailable" or Baro only as many clans formed way after that event. Even the Armor from that event appeared in Baro's stock. I have seen cocky player from recruitment say that to a clanmate before "You don't have 100% research done because you guys don't have Ignis Wraith". SMH yeah ok buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MagPrime said:

Eeeerg, hold up.

This implies the old 10%'ers would have to run the event again to maintain their position.  That event was awful, and I doubt people would be ok with this.  Hek, I'm not ok with that.

Put events into the Simulacrum, let new players and new clans experience them there and earn their rewards there but don't make existing rewards null.

People who already have the ignis Wraith should get to keep it, they fought for it and deserve it. I mean they may be interested in seeing if they are still top dogs or if they need to improve to remain competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)Herculxs said:

People who already have the ignis Wraith should get to keep it, they fought for it and deserve it. I mean they may be interested in seeing if they are still top dogs or if they need to improve to remain competitive.

I honestly doubt clans that already have the rewards will run the same awful event a second time just for leaderboard epeen, plus, allowing previous clans to participate will take slots from clans that didn't have the chance in the first place, making it harder for them to get to the 10%, which kinda defeats the point of bringing the event back.

This is why I suggested the Simulacrum - old clans can rerun it to their hearts content to improve their "edge" and new clans can run it for the first time and get the rewards for the first time, never having to worry about being knocked out of place by, say, the Quasars or whatever the lower tier equivalents are. 

They're still earning it, and they're doing it at their own pace, whenever they want to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I honestly doubt clans that already have the rewards will run the same awful event a second time just for leaderboard epeen

Yeah, they shouldn't repeat the same event for it. I'm open to literally any form of event/competition for new clans to prove themselves. They could even do some new nightwave thing and make some sort of competition out of that. Idc what the competition is because I know my clan would be a fierce competitor 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Yeah, they shouldn't repeat the same event for it. I'm open to literally any form of event/competition for new clans to prove themselves. They could even do some new nightwave thing and make some sort of competition out of that. Idc what the competition is because I know my clan would be a fierce competitor 🙂

If it's past events, then they should just put it in the Simulacrum.  You can still compete via leader board scores but this would allow any clan to run and obtain old weapons, no need to get into the top 10%.

tbh I think the competitive aspect should stay with the original event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine in trade for an Ammo Drum.  If it would make you feel better to claw your way to a reward that's being literally given away, I say go right ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I got mine in trade for an Ammo Drum.  If it would make you feel better to claw your way to a reward that's being literally given away, I say go right ahead.

Some people don't even know it's tradable. They think that you must join a clan with it to get it or get it from baro. They wiki it and see that certain clans were rewarded it from an event and think hmmm I need to join a clan that has it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

How is it still I sign of prestige when some of the newer clans are better? My clan is ranking highly in the newest event and is beating out clans with the ignis Wraith research, just because they were good then doesn't mean it is a good clan now. Shouldn't the best clans have the opportunity to provide players with research? What is so wrong with wanting to be able to provide my awesome members with research that they all deserve? 

There can be signs of prestige such as trophies and decorations that can be given. Research exclusive to those clans is an unnecessary way to signify prestige.

Everything comes and go. Its a sign that says "we did this". You even said yourself that your clan couldn't get the research for it. Your clan was not beating other top tier clans of your size. You might be in another event, but at the time your clan did not perform at that level. 

That makes no sense. By your logic, if you win a race and get a special prize, then next year if I win a different event, I should get the same prize that you did? Absolutely not. Sport teams don't get all the rewards of the previous champions when they win a championship, they get their own reward that is unique to them.

Honestly this sounds more like trying to tell someone why they aren't getting a participation reward. Your clan did not meet the requirements to get the research, other clans did. The ones that fulfilled the requirements got the reward, you did not since your clan did not complete those requirements. You don't get a first place trophy or prize money for coming in 5th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, m0b1us1 said:

Everything comes and go. Its a sign that says "we did this". You even said yourself that your clan couldn't get the research for it. Your clan was not beating other top tier clans of your size. You might be in another event, but at the time your clan did not perform at that level. 

That makes no sense. By your logic, if you win a race and get a special prize, then next year if I win a different event, I should get the same prize that you did? Absolutely not. Sport teams don't get all the rewards of the previous champions when they win a championship, they get their own reward that is unique to them.

Honestly this sounds more like trying to tell someone why they aren't getting a participation reward. Your clan did not meet the requirements to get the research, other clans did. The ones that fulfilled the requirements got the reward, you did not since your clan did not complete those requirements. You don't get a first place trophy or prize money for coming in 5th.

 

They do an NBA playoffs, NFL, NHL, MLB, all have reoccurring competitions to determine who is the best. We just going to do one competition and give no one else a chance. And I would like to stress, my clan did not exist during this event and I know many other clans were also created after the event. What is so awful about having another chance for all clans new or old to win the ignis Wraith again. It has been years, it's time to give more a chance. And you obviously haven't read all my comments because I clearly stated that I want to fight for it and earn it, not be given a participation trophy. My clan is very strong and is clearly top their and we deserve a chance to fight and so do many others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...