Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's in favor for a less PC-heavy version of open-worlds?

p3z1

Title. Only tags are for PC since consoles have their own graphics levels and can probably run these places well. Spoilers because not everyone knows what I mean (Operators).

Post PoE 2.0, I decided to try playing there for those thumpers and grossly low drop rates of that sparring weapon. I immediately noticed a difference in frames (from 40 to 30, fluctuating constantly). So imagine the grief when I see that. Now I can play less of these open worlds. Not sure if I can count these as optional anymore. Arcanes are becoming a thing, especially the fancier arcanes with health regen and all. More sentient cores means more rep for that faction at Cetus (forgot their name). Sentient shards yield focus rep and unlocking passives for the operator (250hp vs 1250hp, for example). Better amps for the operator. 4 frames locked behind these 2 worlds (got only gara, still need the rest).  A bunch of weapons with exclusive open world resources. Floofs (I think that's the name), mostly for the hunting experience. Mostly the gear and operator stuff.

Yes, I am aware this is extra work for the DEvs, but I am honestly curious how many players would be in for this.

P. S. 30 tops frames at PoE. 10-20 only at Orb Vallis

Edit: 

2.2ghz dual core, 4gb of RAM, Nvidia MX720, internal memory is not an issue (500gb at least free), warframe set as high (not highest) priority, most tasks eliminated. Running at bare minimum low settings. Vsync off. Dynamic resolution on.

Edited by p3z1
Specs
  • Like 4

Every year new titles are asking you to switch to a better PC, seriously get a decent job and pay for one. Warframe has awfully low spec requirement regarding its graphic quality. My main PC has a 7870 and getting 60FPS in highest graphic quality. 7870, a card from decade ago, getting 60 FPS. It's really not much to ask from people who call themselves a gamer.

Devs can fix bugs but not poverty.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 14

It would be nice for them to offer a super-low spec for the game, that looks like garbage, but can run the game on even pretty old laptops. My laptop fortunately runs the game fine, but not everyone is going to have a laptop with dedicated graphics.

These are my basic specs:

- i5-7200U 2.7ghz

- Geforce MX150 2gb

- 8gb DDR4

- 256gb NVME SSD

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Every year new titles are asking you to switch to a better PC, seriously get a decent job and pay for one. Warframe has awfully low spec requirement regarding its graphic quality.

Its a 2012 game with 2019 content, so the newer stuff is harder to run than the old stuff. It would be nice for them to cater to the less fortunate. You can buy laptops these days for hundreds of dollars and it not be able to run the game at all.

I used to run the Plains just fine* on a two-year-old hundred-dollar notebook I had bought for taking notes in class.

*Ok not really "fine" but it was playable.

Turning down all the settings, using a reasonable resolution, and limiting my framerate (Not to mention keeping the notebook clean and cool) meant I had a fairly smooth experience.  Compromise is the name of the game for the budget gamer.  If it's truly unplayable on your hardware no matter the settings, I'd expect there's something else going on in your machine hogging resources or some setting that's breaking things.

The laptop I'm using nowadays that can handle near-max settings I got for like 80% off, ending up a bit over what that notebook cost.  Which is kind of a different sort of lesson, involving patience and looking for opportunities.

36 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Every year new titles are asking you to switch to a better PC, seriously get a decent job and pay for one. Warframe has awfully low spec requirement regarding its graphic quality. My main PC has a 7870 and getting 60FPS in highest graphic quality. 7870, a card from decade ago, getting 60 FPS. It's really not much to ask from people who call themselves a gamer.

if only my 1080 didnt dip frames from time to time i would agree. a while ago found a tree in PoE that dipped me to 20 frames just by looking at it

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

Then DE should stop saying there will be no significant performance drop whenever they remaster something.

Earth bacame my least played planet after the remaster dropped due to the dumb vegetation that you can't turn off. I'd get 15-20fps depending on the tile while I'd get 30+fps on the other planets.

• Like 1

If the spec of your PC is garbage, tweak the graphics details to the lowest and tweak the graphics from there. If your can’t even run at low graphics details smoothly, it’s time to upgrade or get a new and proper gaming PC. 

Many parts are at their all time low prices. Memory is cheap, a decent graphics card is cheap, mid range CPUs and motherboards and other parts are also cheap. It’s worth getting a new PC. You will enjoy the game much more when it runs great and looks great. 

• Like 1

the Landscapes are always going to fundamentally require more from Players' systems than Normal Missions will.

there's no way to ""fix"" that. that comes with the territory when you have an 'open world' type design rather than a straight hallway.
i.e. that the Landscapes are doing like 20x the amount of stuff. everyone has lower ultimate performance than they do in the rest of the game.

personally i would like the Minspec to raise to where Landscapes can hit a reasonable performance target too, since they're different from the rest.

if GPU if your weakest link, Dynamic Resolution can help you out.
if it isn't though, then there's not much of a solution to look for other than faster CPU Cores.

I think you know something is wrong with either your setting or your graphic card when I can run over 30FPS using Intel HD 4600 intergrated graphic card...

When you tweak the setting not only those graphic options can impact on your performance. The resolution of the game have even higher impact than most of the setting there. I think to let the game run at 720p will have about 50% better performance than running at 1080p.

So... basically you can run the game at even 800x600 resolution and have all graphic option set to low. Your performance should be at peak and you should have no issue with performance what-so-ever... But I know... the grphic isn't good but it's a normal trade-off for the performance. And that is what you asking for...

Okay, they stop making open world now, but within a year you probably won't be able to get decent frame rate on normal tile set so they lower the specs just so you can play it. But few months later your PC won't even able to boot up properly, what then?

Hardware degenerates overtime, If you can't upgrade, you'll just have to accept your time is limited either way.

• Like 3

I play on PC and PS4... To me graphics isn't really the issue the most annoying thing for new open worlds it's getting 10 new resources I have to farm to build everything for the next couple of months after release...then they're never needed or talked about ever again.  I think we have enough resources in game already I wish they would just stop...

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

While I do think it would be nice if low spec PC's could run Warframe, I wonder about the tech and at which point it is reasonable to expect what kind of hardware and software can run certain things. There is a certain logistical problem with older technology and game development in that it makes developing and evolving the game difficult because it often requires the utilization of newer hardware and software to allow for certain software coding to function properly. Recently they dropped DirectX 9 because that technology was from 2004, over a decade old technology, and a limitation to what they could do with the games software.

It is unfortunate that some places in the world have a lot of poverty and difficult job prospects especially if you have no education and little or no working experience, and the person may have to postpone the idea of them playing their favorite game. But finding a way to get income is probably the best course of action at the moment. It is what people do when they want to support their favorite activities and hobbies.

sure, just get DE to make potato mode. everything can look like minecraft.

^^^^^^

I lol'd. didnt even see your post until after i made mine. very fitting!

P.S ... op wont be able to even run the new  empyrean expansion, so the game is over for him.

Edited by Talinthis

6 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Title. Only tags are for PC since consoles have their own graphics levels and can probably run these places well. Spoilers because not everyone knows what I mean (Operators).

Post PoE 2.0, I decided to try playing there for those thumpers and grossly low drop rates of that sparring weapon. I immediately noticed a difference in frames (from 40 to 30, fluctuating constantly). So imagine the grief when I see that. Now I can play less of these open worlds. Not sure if I can count these as optional anymore. Arcanes are becoming a thing, especially the fancier arcanes with health regen and all. More sentient cores means more rep for that faction at Cetus (forgot their name). Sentient shards yield focus rep and unlocking passives for the operator (250hp vs 1250hp, for example). Better amps for the operator. 4 frames locked behind these 2 worlds (got only gara, still need the rest).  A bunch of weapons with exclusive open world resources. Floofs (I think that's the name), mostly for the hunting experience. Mostly the gear and operator stuff.

Yes, I am aware this is extra work for the DEvs, but I am honestly curious how many players would be in for this.

P. S. 30 tops frames at PoE. 10-20 only at Orb Vallis

Sounds like you need to upgrade your PC...or lower your graphics settings. Or check your network connection, if you're also experiencing lag / packet loss, in addition to frame rate drops.

As has been said before DE need to keep pace with other games, in terms of visuals, as that can be a big factor in attracting new players to the game. Also, its normal to want to upgrade the game, as new tech becomes available.

They do optimise the game, as far as possible, but there is only so much they can do to keep it viable for older hardware. 

Which means if your rig still struggles to run the game sufficiently well, your only option is to upgrade your hardware (and again, check you have the minimum required connection speed).

You got something else going on man. I've run this game in the past on a Lenovo notebook. Not even joking. Still managed about 50 fps but it was bare minimum settings. Check what else is running. Kill all processes except essentials, defrag/clean case/ do some maintenance and update drivers. It's possible you just gotta do the legwork. And I highly suggest looking at upgrading in the near future. You could prob even upgrade that current rig for dirt cheap but the longer you wait the harder it will be to get legacy hardware for it. 

• Like 2

Il y a 7 heures, Pro3Display a dit :

if only my 1080 didnt dip frames from time to time i would agree. a while ago found a tree in PoE that dipped me to 20 frames just by looking at it

Uh? You sure you aren't having other problems? I'm running a 980ti and i literally run flat 60fps everywhere regardless of what I'm doing or how much of a S#&$show is going on, be it plains, vallis, or wherever else. 

• Like 1