Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's in favor for a less PC-heavy version of open-worlds?

p3z1

4 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

dunno if they fixed it yet but you can clearly see that i'm at 36-38 fps there

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1100697-whats-wrong-with-performance-in-this-area-of-the-plains/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1081546-plains-of-eidolon-remastered-hillside-ruin-cave-huge-fps-drop/

That spot in the map is known to drop FPS. It also drops FPS for me as well.

I use AMD RX 580 8GB, Ryzen 2400g with Vega 11 integrated graphics, 32GB RAM at 2933 MT/s, windows 10, Motherboard Asus B450-F.

I set Motherboard bios iGPU as primary with "HybridGraphics" switchable graphics. I can run on either AMD RX 580 or integrated graphics, while all video outputs stays plugged in to integrated graphics, so a simple software switch works. Windows 10 have: Power Saving GPU: Vega 11, High Performance GPU: AMD RX 580. Half of the time I use Vega 11, because my room got too hot.

I use FreeSync 144Hz 1080p monitor plugged into HDMI. Small drops of FPS with FreeSync on have no screen tearing, and far less stuttering then if FreeSync was off.

On 2019-06-11 at 6:00 AM, Pro3Display said:

if only my 1080 didnt dip frames from time to time i would agree. a while ago found a tree in PoE that dipped me to 20 frames just by looking at it

This. The new PoE is just terrible. No optimizations, no nothing. Flying around drops the fps from 144, down to 20, than back to 144, than to 35... it's not a hardware issue. Just search around the net and you'll see ppl with RTX2080TI having those issues.

45 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

Do you know your FPS there? My rig is very similar, but I can’t test atm, at work 😕

FPS drops on this problem spot. I have limited my FPS to 144 in options.

AMD RX 580: 144 FPS drops to 53 FPS, same as my old video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/411289922
AMD Vega 11: 50 FPS drops to about 48 FPS, almost no change.
AMD Vega 11 with dynamic resolution: 130 FPS drops to 50 FPS.

Captura free camera mode seem interesting. Grass and details is only near the player's warframe. If a free camera mode in Capture goes far far away from warframe, there is no grass, no details, just a flat hills.

On 2019-06-15 at 12:53 PM, Yagamilight123 said:

Your PC is trash ... basically a giant paperweight ... you cant expect to use it for games in 2019 . The games never should adapt to prehistoric hardware .

I had a laptop with similar specs a couple years ago and could play warframe on low settings on it

I mean, It is already pretty well optimized for the lower spec. Not so much for the ULTRA LOW spec. I know not everyone can afford a good pc but then you might as well get a console for the game instead. Then you can atleast know that it will be stable. Or buy some of the cheaper stuff for a pc on the internet and build one. Getting decent/good performance (especially now with how far the graphics and cpu industry has improved) is pretty "cheap".

In the end, you can ask quite a bit from developers but this is something they can't "fix" for you. To be blunt; This sounds like a you problem.