Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Sonataa"- Shape shifter warframe (female)

(XBOX)itz SwirlZz

[Unlike most assassins, Sonata is one of the few warframes that does not have cloaking abilities, thus rely on her surroundings to blend in on.]

Armor: 15

Energy: 150 (235 max rank)

Health: 75 (195 max rank)

Shield: 150 (297 max rank)

Sprint speed: 1.15

Passive: increased critical and status chance when a silent weapon is used with Sonata.

Sonata secretly steals armor when near or assassinating a foe (15>190 max).

First ability: Mimicry 

Requires 50 energy to proc. (Leading to 10E/s), when she opens one crate or locker,Sonata can morph into selected object to blend in with her surroundings. While in the form, an enemy can get suck into the object killing them instantly and procing lifesteal if they're close enough. If no crates are around 2 kills are required to turn into a random one.

Second ability: Trap Galore

Taking 75 energy to proc.,Sonata can make various traps:

Siphon trap>a trap that doesnt instantly kill but steals 15>25% of energy ,health and armor from each enemy. You and allies can walk towards the trap and claim the reward.

Bolt trap> a trap that releases iridium core bolts that deal major damage to targets. targets that survive gets a guaranteed viral proc that lasts depending on build.

"Vicious" trap> Sonata's favorite, a trap that sends 5 hard ricocheting razorblades towards targets. Targets that survive gets a guaranteed, long lasting, toxin proc. dealing damage depending on build.

Third ability: framed

Taking 80 energy to proc., Sonata can deceive another enemy into getting attacked, causing a helpful, even life saving, distraction.

Fourth ability: CopyCat 

Taking 100 energy (leading to 10E/s) Sonata takes place or "possesses" enemy bodies getting to use their weapon, health, and specials (for example cc slam with the heavy gunner)(press [RS] to use). If you dont shoot enemies in this form they will just think your one of them,being an alternate, mobile version of the first ability.

If you would like to draw a concept of this warframe,notify me, I wouldn't mind adding the image to the post and giving you credit.

Also it would be nice if you could give me criticism on the frame. 

Thanks a bunch for your time,love you all.

-Itz SwirlZz

That's weird since your operator controls the warframe and then this warframe will possess another entity?

Gimmicky, that's all your idea is.

The first skill is useless especially on lower levels because shooting an enemy would be faster.

Second skill is like Vauban's 2 and Wisp's 1 lovechild.

Third skill is like Nyx's 1st and 3rd but less effective.

Fourth skill is transference with extra steps.

57 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

Fourth skill is transference with extra steps

Doesn't make this ability feel any less brand new to the game. I fail to see the reason in pointing this out

1 hour ago, (XB1)itz SwirlZz said:

when she opens one crate or locker,Sonata can morph into selected object to blend in with her surroundings. While in the form, an enemy can get suck into the object killing them instantly and procing lifesteal if they're close enough. If no crates are around 2 kills are required to turn into a random one.

This 1st ability is weird to me, i dont understand why of all things, you chose a locker to be able to instant kill. I feel you should choose something more entertaining.

Your 2nd ability, though i know some warframes are able to lay traps, i do still feel more should be added to game in different warframes. The current ones feel too crowd control based. I think we need some that deal more damage, apply more debuffs, and dont need replacing so often. I'm okay with this 1

Third ability: framed

Taking 80 energy to proc., Sonata can deceive another enemy into getting attacked, causing a helpful, even life saving, distraction.

Yea the person above me already said this is WAYY to simular to nyx's first ability, along with loki's. I think warframes are more impressive the more different they are from current warframes. I would either try to add some more to this ability to set it apart from the others or come up with a new ability entirely. After all this is a shapeshifter warframe, surely the more shape shifting it is able to do the more appealing it would be to all players desiring one!

Taking 100 energy (leading to 10E/s) Sonata takes place or "possesses" enemy bodies getting to use their weapon, health, and specials (for example cc slam with the heavy gunner)(press [RS] to use). If you dont shoot enemies in this form they will just think your one of them,being an alternate, mobile version of the first ability.

I've seen this pop on the forums a lot. An interesting ability that im sure quite a few people will love so I'd say keep it. It's just not my cup of tea, i prefer more inhuman things (wolves, xenomorphs, dragons, etc...) ^_^

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

On 2019-06-10 at 11:58 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Doesn't make this ability feel any less brand new to the game. I fail to see the reason in pointing this out

This 1st ability is weird to me, i dont understand why of all things, you chose a locker to be able to instant kill. I feel you should choose something more entertaining.

Your 2nd ability, though i know some warframes are able to lay traps, i do still feel more should be added to game in different warframes. The current ones feel too crowd control based. I think we need some that deal more damage, apply more debuffs, and dont need replacing so often. I'm okay with this 1

Yea the person above me already said this is WAYY to simular to nyx's first ability, along with loki's. I think warframes are more impressive the more different they are from current warframes. I would either try to add some more to this ability to set it apart from the others or come up with a new ability entirely. After all this is a shapeshifter warframe, surely the more shape shifting it is able to do the more appealing it would be to all players desiring one!

I've seen this pop on the forums a lot. An interesting ability that im sure quite a few people will love so I'd say keep it. It's just not my cup of tea, i prefer more inhuman things (wolves, xenomorphs, dragons, etc...) ^_^

Yeah thanks for being in depth with the criticism, I can take it but if it doesnt make sense I cant really learn from it.

Yeah the wisp comparison was a little weird being the fact i made the concept BEFORE wisp existed but posted AFTER the drop, it's understandable why you would say it though.

Thank you.

On 2019-06-12 at 9:06 PM, (XB1)itz SwirlZz said:

Yeah thanks for being in depth with the criticism, I can take it but if it doesnt make sense I cant really learn from it.

Yeah the wisp comparison was a little weird being the fact i made the concept BEFORE wisp existed but posted AFTER the drop, it's understandable why you would say it though.

Thank you.

What wisp comparison? I didnt mention wisp once???

And what doesn't make sense? Are you reading what i quoted before the next paragraphs? It's a bit more helpful for me to breakdown what i said if you ask questions 😕

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

On 2019-06-14 at 11:54 PM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

What wisp comparison? I didnt mention wisp once???

And what doesn't make sense? Are you reading what i quoted before the next paragraphs? It's a bit more helpful for me to breakdown what i said if you ask questions 😕

Oh! It was out of context, it made sense! It did! I was just making a point on previous ones, people were just blunt about it and I couldn't get a direction on change.

But you took time out of your day to make it in depth. It's an honor! TY!

(P.s. the wisp comparison the other poster made not you, dry abt tht >_<)

Edited by (XB1)itz SwirlZz

My idea of a SHAPESHIFTER based on the ability to actually shape shift and everything that comes with shape shifting. For example: 

I thought that the passive could shape shift the bullets to do whatever physical damage type you choose. So if you have a weapon that does mostly impact but 180 damage total but going against grineer, then you can turn the entire 180 damage to puncture. How? Well that was mainly based on the energy color unless DE can think of a more creative way. But either way this type of passive would make it capable of going against pretty much any enemy except for corrupted since they are mixed.

First ability I figured the warframe could shape shift an enemy into a copy of itself that distract other enemies. If anything he would not even noticed anything wrong until his own people starts shooting him. And he becomes more vulnerable as a result. If he does then the enemies will no longer be alerted and whatever alarms would be reset.

second ability would actual be a shapshifting ability but only certain targets can be chosen. If the target is of the right size or shape then you can shape shift into them and walk amongst them without raising alarms as long as you aren’t bouncing all over the walls and stuff which would raise suspicion. Basically just continue to walk or sprint normally and patiently. But you could bypass all security while doing it too as long as you remain in that form. 

Third I was picturing it being able to copy the stats of either teammates or enemies. Enemies would simply grant a big buff. Armor(grineer), health(infested), or shields(corpus). If you look at a teammate then you could copy their stats but it may be complicated. If you have a lot of health you wouldn’t want to copy a low health teammate. And if you want more power strength then you must be careful about teammates with too low of a power strength. But that requires coordination with the teammates, otherwise it is just best to use on enemies.  

Forth ability I was picturing something like an all panic that causes all enemies nearby to become paranoid of each other. Basically they become aware that there is an imposter amongst them but they don’t know who it is. If you have low power strength then they will end up in a stale mate where they don’t shoot but they don’t move. If you have high power strength then they will mow each other down in a panic(basically shoot non stop instead of running a hiding like they usually do). If your power strength was really high then it makes them more vulnerable damage. Which this ability can be canceled either by dying or using the first ability to create a copy cat and kill them to make their alert system or function reset. 

Now I refer to this warframe as IT cause this warframe at this point doesn’t have a gender in my opinion due to its constant shape shifting abilities, it basically forgot who IT really is. The origin was basically about it being designed to be the ultimate assassin. But it turned out that it may be too good and the paranoia made them try to execute the warframe before it could possibly turn against them. But it escapes and wanders the solar system lost and confused. Not knowing who it is or what it true. So it continuously searches for the truth until the Tenno came and rescued it. 

Thats just my opinion of a shape shifter. Most people who make post want to go completely overboard with it. Like copying other warframes abilities which would make this warframe either OP in public or totally useless in solo. It would have no real purpose if it is dependent on other frames. 

But either way, I wouldn’t be surprised if DE is already making a shape shifter. Cause believe it or not I made many concepts of Wisp but never though DE would actually make her. I basically referred to Wisp as a sort of Sun Goddess. And even thought of the slim body and desert cloak like design. I didn’t think of the whole flying and the big butt. That was all DE. lol 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins