Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert Feedback (Based on Previous Issues)

Draxnos

This is a message intended for the developers to all review and consider/provide feedback.

I actually have an idea that I don’t know or doubt you’ll use in the future, but please consider having a “Known Event Exploits”/“Banned Techniques” as a follow up thread that includes a spreadsheet or edits that players can track/comment on and know what is considered an exploit or banned technique.

I personally believe this could help in the future, for both the players and you all at DE. It may bring up a list of techniques to consult for events in the future that you all can know what to prevent/double check, and it can help you all know what to warn about. 

For the players, it can let them know if they are doing something that could get them banned if they don’t believe they will be banned, and it can also help players learn and adapt new ideas instead of using their time to do something that would easily be considered a bad/ban-able technique(s).

Sorry to add more content that splits your attention from more pressing matters and development, but I would enjoy being able to help in any way. Just let me know any questions or requests or feedback.

Thank you for reading and your consideration, 
Draxnos

1 minute ago, Draxnos said:

This is a message intended for the developers to all review and consider/provide feedback.

I actually have an idea that I don’t know or doubt you’ll use in the future, but please consider having a “Known Event Exploits”/“Banned Techniques” as a follow up thread that includes a spreadsheet or edits that players can track/comment on and know what is considered an exploit or banned technique.

I personally believe this could help in the future, for both the players and you all at DE. It may bring up a list of techniques to consult for events in the future that you all can know what to prevent/double check, and it can help you all know what to warn about. 

For the players, it can let them know if they are doing something that could get them banned if they don’t believe they will be banned, and it can also help players learn and adapt new ideas instead of using their time to do something that would easily be considered a bad/ban-able technique(s).

Sorry to add more content that splits your attention from more pressing matters and development, but I would enjoy being able to help in any way. Just let me know any questions or requests or feedback.

Thank you for reading and your consideration, 
Draxnos

Just quoting you so that everyone else with Dark Theme can read your post...

1 minute ago, K4RN4 said:

LZ1poT1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Why do people change the color to match the dark theme?

11 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Thank You!

Sincerely, a dark theme user.

36 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Just quoting you so that everyone else with Dark Theme can read your post...

Was not an intended issue. I just opened a new topic and started typing. Don’t know how to fix that.

2 minutes ago, K4RN4 said:

Why do people change the color to match the dark theme?

Sometimes, if you copy a text from an external source, this will happen.
People can circumvent this by using "ctrl+shift+v" instead of "ctrl+v" for pasting. This way all the formating gets removed and only the raw text gets pasted.

Just now, Draxnos said:

Was not an intended issue. I just opened a new topic and started typing. Don’t know how to fix that.

You could edit your opening post, use "ctrl+x" to cut it, and then use "ctrl+shift+v" to post it again. This should fix it.
The forum does some silly stuff from time to time...

Edited by WhiteMarker

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

People can circumvent this by using "ctrl+shift+v" instead of "ctrl+v" for pasting. This way all the formating gets removed and only the raw text gets pasted.

I’m on mobile... Aheh...

41 minutes ago, Draxnos said:

Kind of what they don't want, though. They'd be effectively spreading those techniques. Their current approach of patching and then just wiping scores seems fine. The recent event brought back a bug that was fixed way back (-cd) and also introduced the 10 hp bug. Runs with either of those bugs were wiped. That's it. Everything else was fair play and that's what they stated in their event thread as well.

Edited by uxx0

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

And it is a copy and paste with edits. Was a message I had previously sent and was told to post it here as well.

1 minute ago, Draxnos said:

And it is a copy and paste with edits. Was a message I had previously sent and was told to post it here as well. 

Should be able to just use the remove format button (looks like Tx) on mobile as well.

What they would need is either an alpha tester Quality Control team (since Warframe is still considered in beta) or make a Pre-release server with a certain number of player (not necessarly Founder like the council but more player that perform at event) that would be more enclined to encounter bugs like the 10hp overflow so they can be spotted (and fixed) instead of being released with major issues that are gamebreaking.

23 minutes ago, --Q--Krakov said:

What they would need is either an alpha tester Quality Control team (since Warframe is still considered in beta) or make a Pre-release server with a certain number of player (not necessarly Founder like the council but more player that perform at event) that would be more enclined to encounter bugs like the 10hp overflow so they can be spotted (and fixed) instead of being released with major issues that are gamebreaking.

Oh, I agree fully. It seems as though DE staff rarely ever plays their game out of streams & demonstrations. Getting a group of play testers over to go through the process of examination is something that could improve overall pre-launch quality control. This game is a huge jigsaw puzzle at this point with how many pieces are currently at play, and players seem to be DE's unintended lab rats that can suffer from REAL consequences if they find methods of outsmarting the game.