Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After crashing Steam asks me to install Warframe again

Roxfreeze

About ten minutes earlier I tried to start Warframe, but it crashed. I was forced to restart my computer, and when I opened Steam it told me Warframe was not installed on the computer.
I am currently installing it again, and I found another player whose Warframe crashed and had to re-install as well. I'm not mad at the whole thing, just want to know what could have caused this, is there any settings on PC that would cause crashing and removing all Warframe game files? Also, it will be genuinely appreciated if somebody can provide other cases or solution to this issue. 

Really annoying, happens to me very often and I have no idea how to solve it, steps in the steam forums never solve the issue, I have reinstalled this game literally 5 times now (every time it downloads the whole thing again, no idea if I have multiple copies of warframe or it just overwrites the existing files), this is very discouraging, someone from tech support come forward and solve this issue, please.

EDIT: Replacing my steamapps manifest did it. I apologize to DE's tech support for my assuming this was on their end when in reality it's Steam fault.

Edited by BluKiddo

On 2019-06-17 at 10:03 AM, BluKiddo said:

Really annoying, happens to me very often and I have no idea how to solve it, steps in the steam forums never solve the issue, I have reinstalled this game literally 5 times now (every time it downloads the whole thing again, no idea if I have multiple copies of warframe or it just overwrites the existing files), this is very discouraging, someone from tech support come forward and solve this issue, please.

EDIT: Replacing my steamapps manifest did it. I apologize to DE's tech support for my assuming this was on their end when in reality it's Steam fault.

Same.. but what do you mean by replacing the steamapps manifest?