Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[XB1] Ropalolyst Boss Fight Causing Xbox to Crash [MEGATHREAD] [FIXED]

(XBOX)GRUNE FLAMME

Message added by [DE]Megan

JUNE 14 UPDATE:

We have passed and deployed the fix!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1101952-xb1-the-jovian-concord-update-2508-hotfixes/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10825127

Thanks for your patience, Tenno!

JUNE 13 UPDATE:

As we await Cert, a potential work-around in the mean time is to disable GPU Particles in Options > Display.

This isn't a pretty work-around by any means, but it's better than crashing!

Thanks again for your patience on this.

===================

UPDATE:

We have submitted a fix to Cert! We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

Thanks for sticking it out with us. We'll keep updating you here.

===================

The team has a few leads on this crash that require testing, and potentially needing a quick Cert submission. 

We'll continue to update this Megathread with more information when we have it!

Apologies for the frustration.

The fight is perfectly fine on the right and straight forward generators, but the moment I go towards the left side everything breaks horribly. While running on the wire the entire tileset stretches and distorts until it's impossible to see anything and makes my Xbox literally shut itself off. This has happened three times in a row and is making it impossible to farm Wisp. I'll try reinstalling the game but it will be a few hours since I have pretty crappy download speed with my old router and with so many people also downloading it, but I'll report if it fixed it later.

*edited title for clarity

Edited by [DE]Megan
edited title for clarity

Ember

Cassowar

mastery tank 17 practice test

i just had the same thing in my mr17 practice test. If I hit the orb in the left corner, the game glitches, then my Xbox shut down. It didn’t restart, I had to turn it back on. The glitch looks crazy like when I do the combo with melee cassowar but broken into shards, then a black screen, then shut down. It did it 3 times, change my melee to skiajati and did practice 5 times, no issues. Took test, passed, again no issues.

Saying by the title, I was playing the Flydelon boss fight (i know its the ropalolyst, i just like the nickname better) and I was having a lot of fun. However, at one point on the final phase of the battle, I jumped onto the flydelon and well...my screen glitched out horribly and suddenly my xbox hard reset. It wouldn't turn on for a few minutes so i turned it off from the plug, turned it back on again and everything worked fine. 

I wanted to put this out there and please be careful that your xbox could do the same, and also that this is something that really should be looked i to as hard resets can cause damage to consoles.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Our team is investigating this! 

Was anybody who experience this playing AS Wisp or had a Wisp in their squad?

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

I was going solo as several different frames (Inaros, Gara, and Rhino Prime) to make sure I got the best first experience. So it wasn't with wisp for me.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

I was solo as inaros. It seemed like everytime you blew up the left generator it would cause the game to crash a few seconds later.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

When I experienced the crash (even after the hotfix a few minutes ago), it only occurred during or shortly after hitting a generator with the Ropa. If it helps I am playing on the original Xbox One.

The ropalolyst fight cause my xbox to rest a few times before finishung and crashing when extracting second time around all was going well but when i smash the ropalolyst against a core, the graphics went all bugged up and it stayed like that sinced, i tried unsinstalling and reinstaling but even the uptldating menu y all bugged up

Edited by (XB1)TheoricCombat

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

After doing a few fights so far (no wisps were included), no, it has happened only upon the flydelon going outwards of the fighting area, causing a hard crash. Personally I do not want to test this again for try sake of not destroying my console but thats what happened on my end. The screen went all...funny? The flydelon began to spazz out, almost like the model for it broke and spike in many ways. Once it does that, my console hard reset.

Edited by (XB1)GhostHuntrr

Hey all,

Just wanted to keep you all up to date - we're pretty confident we've now found the cause of this bug and have a fix ready to try out. Unfortunately the code that needs changing is deep within our graphics driver which means I have to build and package a new version of the game and re-submit it to Microsoft for certification, but we're hoping to get that done late tonight/early tomorrow, and then get it to you by this time tomorrow (or hopefully sooner).

Apologies for the issue and thank you all for your patience!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [DE]Jim said:

Hey all,

Just wanted to keep you all up to date - we're pretty confident we've now found the cause of this bug and have a fix ready to try out. Unfortunately the code that needs changing is deep within our graphics driver which means I have to build and package a new version of the game and re-submit it to Microsoft for certification, but we're hoping to get that done late tonight/early tomorrow, and then get it to you by this time tomorrow (or hopefully sooner).

Apologies for the issue and thank you all for your patience!

Thank you very much for your hard work guys.

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

No one was playing wisp when it happened to my brother and I. We were running Oberon and Exalibur Umbra.

There’s also some bug that causes bullet jumping and double jumping not to work.  Not sure what causes it, since from start of mission I can’t double or bullet jump.

Edited by (XB1)Lord Gigglezz
Another bug

Hey again,

Unfortunately we've now detected two additional types of graphics crash in the current build, so we're back to the drawing board and looking for fixes for those before we re-submit to Microsoft. Apologies again, please bear with us while we try to correct these issues as quickly as possible.

I have also been experiencing crashes when attempting the Ropololyst assassination mission. Standard Xbox One. Both times I was playing solo as Inaros. First crash happened while looting the tileset and breaking one of the many variants of explosive barrel, game froze, console turned off, never made it to the boss and lost all of my progress/loot. The second instance, I made it to the boss fight, but when directing the boss to the 3rd and final pylon, the game once again froze during the impact and turned off my console, thus losing all my progress/loot.