Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[XB1] Ropalolyst Boss Fight Causing Xbox to Crash [MEGATHREAD] [FIXED]

(XBOX)GRUNE FLAMME

Message added by [DE]Megan

JUNE 14 UPDATE:

We have passed and deployed the fix!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1101952-xb1-the-jovian-concord-update-2508-hotfixes/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10825127

Thanks for your patience, Tenno!

JUNE 13 UPDATE:

As we await Cert, a potential work-around in the mean time is to disable GPU Particles in Options > Display.

This isn't a pretty work-around by any means, but it's better than crashing!

Thanks again for your patience on this.

===================

UPDATE:

We have submitted a fix to Cert! We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

Thanks for sticking it out with us. We'll keep updating you here.

===================

The team has a few leads on this crash that require testing, and potentially needing a quick Cert submission. 

We'll continue to update this Megathread with more information when we have it!

Apologies for the frustration.

Same here. I've had two completion's out of eight runs. It glitches out and it shut's down my xbox. I have no other app's running in background but it continues to do it. First time it happened was when the lotus first spoke to me near the start of the mission, the other times all at the end boss.Hopfully there will be a fix soon. 

Edited by (XB1)Wild Wolfie
More info

Happpened to me, too. I was doing a solo exterminate mission with my Inaros, just to explore the new tileset (gorgerous, by the way). When I meleed one of those fire vents, the flame popped out, then the game froze and the console shut down (playing on standard Xbox and had the complete game re-installed just before that). I won't set a foot into the new tileset again, before this isn't fixed, as I have an old console and won't risk to break it. If you have to sent an updated version of the game to cert again anyway, I highly recommend to take a look at the enegy colour issue as well (see my seperate post on this topic at the art & animation bug subcategory), this would be really appreciated. A little sidenote on top of all that: I think, that it's funny, how you mocked Anthem during your dev streams and with Nightwave and are now facing some of the same issues, that this game had as well (long loading screens in general, loading, while accessing the forge, arsenal, relic station, etc., which wasn't the case before the first UI-update and now even hardcrashes, not to mention the constant struggle for new content and rewards). 

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Our team is investigating this! 

Was anybody who experience this playing AS Wisp or had a Wisp in their squad?

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

I was in as nidus solo. Went in blind so I could learn the fight on my own, for funnsies and it just seems to be after a certain amount of time the textures bug out. I dont understand what triggered it because one time it was after tussling for a little bit, nothing really of note was done, just taking down the shield. The next was after grabbing the ropadoper. Then after that it was as soon as I enter the arena and began the fight. Seems to just be some random thing about the whole mission just crashes everything.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is shared but if I exit out of the game before the crash powers down my xbox, it seems to effect the graphics of other games. I started another game afterwards and the text and screen started glitching out. Never did this before the warframe update, and is perfectly until I stop the crash. So as long as the xbox resets there seems to be no lasting damage, but left on it continues even into other games. Not sure if this helps at all.

Edited by (XB1)NIGHTELFMERC
Adding information

Update: Just had the game freezing and shutting down my console by simply standing in my orbiter for about 5 min while chatting with clanmates. In this state, Warframe is currently unplayable. I hope this gets fixed soon. Also, please consider to reset the event timer afterwards, so me and my clanmates can still properly grab the Aura Forma from the event and farm for the event gold statue for our dojo. Furthermore, a compensation for boosters, that cannot be used now seems reasonable, in my opinion.

I just found the same bug again while I was playing a lith fissure survival solo around the 20 minute mark. I just finished killing an enemy and the screen started to black out and graphics started messing up and then it crashed my xbox and shut it off.

Edited by (XB1)FreckledToe5894

Had a crash solo as Ivvy yesterday, no Wisp, no distortion

Just now had the textbook screen distortion followed by crash. Managed to get a clip of it just before the crash happened, but my xbox didn't save it because of the, well, crash. Looks like stretched textures

Out of interest, has anyone who's had the issue reinstalled yet for the smaller game size? If not, then that could be the fix

Interesting. My crashes too occurred the very moment I used melee on the new tileset. In one attempt, I did make it to the first few enemies without glitching cause I had not used melee and was just shooting. When I slashed a moa the game froze.

I resintalled the game last night in the hopes that it would resolve the issue but no luck. 

Hope that helps with troubleshooting.

Returning player. I'm not very good and struggle with some gameplay. Needless to say, I have had difficulty with this but got within 40m of finishing when it crashed. It continues to crash and is unplayable. I expect better of DE and will think again before wasting my time. Disappointed with my own lack of skills but even more disappointed with this game and the anger and frustration caused.

this bug happens to me fairly regularly, the tile set distorts and stretches, but even worse it seems to extend to other games. when this happened to me I reset my game, started it back up and the issue persist, then switched to another game, battlefield 5, and the issue was there too. I need to do a hard console reset every time. the other game having issues could be coincident but the menu of the other game had the same stretched distorted issue as warframe but not nearly as extreme. I do have video of the issue first happening, it happening upon start up, and it maybe causing the issue in the other game but I don't know how to get them into the thread

On 2019-06-11 at 2:03 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Our team is investigating this! 

Was anybody who experience this playing AS Wisp or had a Wisp in their squad?

Thanks!

*merged similar threads

Yesterday when Jovian concord dropped I was on Hydron, Public Match. I load in and the bug already was happening like a ragdoll effect to wisp. I couldn't see anything but the bug and it hard crashed my Xbox. Just turned off. I booted up my Xbox and it was fine. I continued to play for several hours with no problem. My husband got home and we decided to hop on Disruption to work towards the boss fight of the ropalolyst. We had several bugs during the fight. Our first bug was the ropalolyst clipped inside one of the towers as we were trying to get it to attack the tower but eventually it unclipped and we were able to get the towers charged. Our second bug was when we were to destroy the Synovias, just right after the cut scene me and my husband were both downed when we spawned onto the platform, as that's where the game put us after the cut scene. Our Third bug was during this phase the ropalolyst was clipping into the middle platform from time to time, and our last bug was to activate the Terren Charger to kill the ropalolyst the charger wouldn't activate and the ropalolyst disappeared, i assume it clipped into the platform again and when we hit the charger a second time it reappeared and completed our mission. Now just recently we just had a hot fix announcing about plague star and Nightwave. I was working in the Simulacrum as Wisp testing out my build, her cc, and damage output. I used her 4 ( Sol Gate ) on the enemy and did about a small damage before my screen went back to the rag doll effect and turned black. I immediately hit start and quit the game to see if i could stop my Xbox from hard crashing. It didn't crash so i launched warframe again and the loading screen was bugged out letters were jumbled together and the audio was cutting in and out. Sadly i had to restart my Xbox anyways. But so far that's all of the bugs me and my husband came across. Hope it helps! 

Really glad this is already seen and on progress of fixing, i've had lots of problems farming wisp as warframe just crashes along with my xbox the moment the textures over stretches all over the screen in the Ropaloulist boss fight, i'm kinda annoyed of this, all i need is the system and it is taking forever to drop them because of this

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPDATE:

We have submitted a fix to Cert! We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

Thanks for sticking it out with us. We'll keep updating you here!

Hopefully it does the trick. I’ve noticed it can happen at any point of the game, mid mission, and even after extraction. It gets frustrating. Don’t even know if I got the rewards after it happen right as I extracted. 

Was just doing exterminate on Pluto with Loki. Fired catchmoon, hard crash.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPDATE:

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPDATE:

Will this include all the other places where it is crashing?