Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Idea That Would Add A Lot To The Gaming Experience.

Sixty5

One of the greatest things about PC gaming is the ability to modify your games to suit your own preferences, be it though new content or changing old content.

Because of Warframes nature as a multiplayer game, changes to game mechanics and damage values is out of the question. However changes to the appearance and sounds of the game would add positively to many players gaming experience.

The way this could be achieved is through resource packs, which allow for limited modification of ingame textures and sounds. For instance, I'm not a huge fan of the default drum noises, so I would be able to replace them with the music I want. Said changes would only be client side, so any other players would not have their assets changed.

For instance, a large number of players want silly cosmetics like cat ears etc, which have been rejected for their nature as un-lore friendly, and not fitting the games image. Resource packs would allow these people to have these silly cosmetics, without other players having to see them, and so have their gaming experience diminished.

Another advantage is that people who like the stats on one helmet, but the looks of another could use a Resource pack that changes the meshes around, and get the cosmetics that they want without losing the stats.

As well as this DE could monetize it by charging something like 75 plat to install each pack, and only allowing limited modification of meshes.

A final advantage to this is it encourages more involvement from the artistic side of the community, and can add humor and enjoyment for the people who are getting sick of grinding for an item (troll-face nano-spores anyone?) 

However there are disadvantages to this idea, such as users creating NSFW content and the development of software to implement the changes, but stuff like this can be mitigated by using a filter like the steam workshop and the monetization of the packs.

Thanks for reading, and leave feedback, even if it is nothing more than "+1 OP, you are so cool and handsome"

So, you're basically suggesting, like, the steam workshop for Left 4 Dead?  Not a bad idea, however, this should wait until the game is more finished and stable.

True, but considering that other games like Minecraft (first example I could think of) have offered this sort of thing in a similar state, I don't think it would be too much of a problem

True, but considering that other games like Minecraft (first example I could think of) have offered this sort of thing in a similar state, I don't think it would be too much of a problem

Minecraft is easy to mod and this isn't Minecraft.

Steve has been saying that they want to add player created content, it has been mentioned in a couple of livestreams. Also the clan emblems.

Yes, you... just repeated what I said. Okay.

Edited by FatalX7