Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curious as to why DE keeps giving away specific prime warframes

Knight_Ex

Before it was Trinity and Frost, now its Nekros Prime? Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara? Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals, however it is a kinda pathetic move to put a vaulted frame as bait to watch tennocon, again it feels like DE takes a look at the market value of prime sets and uses that to determine which frame to "giveaway",  Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views.

Edited by Knight_Ex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views

What's so bad about the fact that DE wants to promote their game on the BIGGEST STREAMING PLATFORM in the world ?

• Like 7

Or they are nice like that, they could put no warframe giveaway to the stream and players would still watch it. You are possibly one of the players that hoarded nekros prime sets for selling if it reached 300p and now salty because with a free giveaway many players are panic selling their sets for less than what was the average before the announcement.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Before it was Trinity and Frost, now its Nekros Prime? Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara? Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals, however it is a kinda pathetic move to put a vaulted frame as bait to watch tennocon, again it feels like DE takes a look at the market value of prime sets and uses that to determine which frame to "giveaway",  Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views.

How the F did you come to that conclussion based on Frost, Trinity and Nekros? They are at 3 completely different ends of the price range.

When Frost Prime went up on Twitch Prime he went for around 350p. When Trinity went up as a Twitch Prime gift she was sitting in the area of 70p or so if you were lucky. Nekros Prime is currently at what? 120-150p? 

Oh yeah they surely look at the going prices when they decide. /s

And the reason they hand out Vaulted Primes or Primes in general is because they are keepers while regular frames will be replaced and are extremely easy to obtain in comparison. They want us to play their game afterall.

edit: Ash Prime was also a low cost vaulted prime when they gave him away.

Edited by SneakyErvin

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

When Trinity went up as a Twitch Prime gift she was sitting in the area of 70p

To trinity's defense, she just got nerfed to hell and was around 170p a couple weeks before the nerf.

I was helping a clanmate the other day trying to get the last nidus part, he told me he had been farming that frame for the past 4 months, he was super glad when he got the chassis finally,  that insane grind is the reason why twitch drops should be frames that require players to invest an absurd amount of time with low drop chances, you could even pair the frame with the Hema.

17 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara?

They already have though? 

Twitch drops for December 10, 2018: 

From now until December 17, watch any Warframe stream on Twitch to get in-game items every hour! You could get Nidus, Khora, a Rifle Riven, free Credits and more!

EDIT: If you’re asking why specifically they keep giving away Primes for Tennocon/Twitch Prime, I imagine it’s mainly because to an outside observer, Primes generate more interest as a “premium” reward in comparison. Plus the whole “Prime with Twitch Prime” fitting with the naming conventions for marketing.

Edited by FrostPrime

1 minute ago, FrostPrime said:

They already have though? 

Twitch drops for December 10, 2018: 

....I was not aware of this...jesus more of that then please, I could have gotten Khora at that time, hell I wouldn't mind seeing some mods in there like Argon Scope or Maiming Strike, or even an arcane would be nice. 😕

Edited by Knight_Ex

1 minute ago, Zelmen said:

To trinity's defense, she just got nerfed to hell and was around 170p a couple weeks before the nerf.

I remember beaing really happen when I got the second set for her, thinking she'd bring in some plat. Then I realized she was going for around 70p and this was long before her jumpsplode nerf.

8 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

....I was not aware of this...jesus more of that then please, I could have gotten Khora at that time, hell I wouldn't mind seeing some mods in there like Argon Scope or Maiming Strike, or even an arcane would be nice. 😕

Yeah it wasnt that good though because most of it was just a couple of trash mod givaways. Few actually got the frames, so it is the same RNG as playing the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah it wasnt that good though because most of it was just a couple of trash mod givaways. Few actually got the frames, so it is the same RNG as playing the game.

Ah thats garbage then, don't put RNG in twitch drops, thats like going on their stream and hoping for a platinum prize.