Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curious as to why DE keeps giving away specific prime warframes

Knight_Ex

41 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara?

Personally i would rather have a Nekros Prime in my team than a Spamfeast Nidus and Triplaser licker Ivara as Nekros is more supportive for the team.

Also, people constantly complain about the Grind, they are giving a frame that reduces grinding out for free. For me it will be just another Free slot.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Personally i would rather have a Nekros Prime in my team than a Spamfeast Nidus and Triplaser licker Ivara as Nekros is more supportive for the team.

Also, people constantly complain about the Grind, they are giving a frame that reduces grinding out for free. For me it will be just another Free slot.

Nekros doesn't help with frame grinds of pieces that are reward drops, not physical drops.

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

Before it was Trinity and Frost, now its Nekros Prime? Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara? Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals, however it is a kinda pathetic move to put a vaulted frame as bait to watch tennocon, again it feels like DE takes a look at the market value of prime sets and uses that to determine which frame to "giveaway",  Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views.

Yo get free S#&$ and still complain? Better USA that complaining time of yours to get grinding... Nidus is not gonna not drop by itself you know...

41 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I remember beaing really happen when I got the second set for her, thinking she'd bring in some plat. Then I realized she was going for around 70p and this was long before her jumpsplode nerf.

Weird, I was buying and selling sets in up 100s. Saw the drop when the nerf hit.

With every additional prime being vaulted the vaulted collection grows larger and it becomes more difficult to put them back into the game within a reasonable amount of time and without flooding the game or boring us to tears with repeated unvaultings.

Prime stuff isn't terribly valuable anyway. It's not that big of a deal giving some of it away, especially since some of the items haven't really stood the test of time with powercreep (hello, Soma Prime). Unlike your examples of Nidus or Ivara that are in game and because of annoying grind they probably sell decently throughout the year.

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

Before it was Trinity and Frost, now its Nekros Prime? Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara? Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals, however it is a kinda pathetic move to put a vaulted frame as bait to watch tennocon, again it feels like DE takes a look at the market value of prime sets and uses that to determine which frame to "giveaway",  Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views.

but necrose has lost a good part of his usefulness with the loot nerf.  

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Knight_Ex:

Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Regular Frames, Forma, Riven and arcanes can still be farmed. Giving them away, would reduce the incentive to, you know, actually play the game. The vaulted frames they give away for free, OTOH can't be farmed any longer. Giving vaulted frames out, also kinda triggers a "now or never" (or whenever the vault is opened again for that particular frame) in a lot of new and returning players, so they can expect far more viewers than just another forma-giveaway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals

This is probably why they’re giving it away. It’s not too valuable and no one would mind too much if it was given away for free.

2 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Free items are FREE. What is this to complain about? If you don’t like it or don’t need it, just leave it alone. 

1. Effects on the market, which, fair enough, we do need some sort of a healthy market.
  2. Not everything that is free has no malicious strings attached.

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Free S()!7 is the bait that hooks potential players and keeps MORE players playing.

And players playing is what is needed for Point-of-Sale opportunities.

PoS opportunities generate revenue.

Revenue keeps Warframe alive.

Paid developers keep developing new content which also keeps players playing.

And players playing is what is needed for...

To everyone saying "its just a free slot", dont you consider to have a second nekros to experiment with other builds and things? I have all the warframes, with their builds, most of weapons, and usually 3 configuration slots are simply not enough to try and test all the builds I'd like. So it wont be a free slot for me, i can buy it grinding platinum, but a chance to do something different, cause my actual Nekros has 3 specific and pretty useful builds. 

Just a though reading that sentence so often, "just a free slot".