Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curious as to why DE keeps giving away specific prime warframes

Knight_Ex

22 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

To everyone saying "its just a free slot", dont you consider to have a second nekros to experiment with other builds and things? I have all the warframes, with their builds, most of weapons, and usually 3 configuration slots are simply not enough to try and test all the builds I'd like. So it wont be a free slot for me, i can buy it grinding platinum, but a chance to do something different, cause my actual Nekros has 3 specific and pretty useful builds. 

Just a though reading that sentence so often, "just a free slot". 

I don't need 3 Nekroids but I do need another slot.  If I don't need to pay for it, bonus. 

13 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

but necrose has lost a good part of his usefulness with the loot nerf.  

Not he hasnt, because you can stack Nekros now. You just have to switch the group composition.

3 Nekros plus a Frost is as viable as any stacked combo you used previously. Auto-dismemberment through avalanche then 3 seperate tries to loot each half of the body. You may not have the 100% chance that Hydroid provided, but he was a slow killer with limited number of targets. Frost gives you double corpses always.

17 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

They should stop giving us Frames that are for the most part pointless, give us one of the expensive frames or hell give us a few rivens or something.

tenor.gif

They're Canadians...but they're not dumb that nice...

You surely don't expect them to give away their best stuff for free, do you? 

Edited by FlusteredFerret

17 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

You answered yourself. They don't make anything off Nekros prime now. Free to Play doesnt mean free to develop.

16 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Free items are FREE. What is this to complain about? If you don’t like it or don’t need it, just leave it alone. 

The usual things.

Because the giveaways aren't specifically what THEY want.

Pretty much the same reason the forums are so full of complaints with practically every update...cause DE didn't make the game exactly the way THEY wanted. :thinking:

Basically spoilt kids crying because they didn't get [insert huge expensive present] for their birthday.

Its not like DE even have to do this...though as has been pointed out its a smart marketing tactic, both to draw in extra viewers and attract new players.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

3 Nekros plus a Frost is as viable as any stacked combo you used previously. Auto-dismemberment through avalanche then 3 seperate tries to loot each half of the body. You may not have the 100% chance that Hydroid provided, but he was a slow killer with limited number of targets. Frost gives you double corpses always.

I can just bring my dog and get a free necross.  also the new mod for the ripcas that has shotgun reload also has 100% gore chance

I see it as similar to how gaming platforms give away free access to older games sometimes. Steam might give away Age of Empires 2 for free for a week. Similar thing for Warframes, I guess. Bonedaddy Prime has been out for a while, and with the growing pile of Vaulted stuff it makes sense to allow alternative access to bits of it. (Alternative of course to the standard unvaulting pattern of returning the drops of 2 frames and 4-6 weapons twice a year.)

On 2019-06-11 at 4:11 PM, Knight_Ex said:

Before it was Trinity and Frost, now its Nekros Prime? Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara? Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals, however it is a kinda pathetic move to put a vaulted frame as bait to watch tennocon, again it feels like DE takes a look at the market value of prime sets and uses that to determine which frame to "giveaway",  Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views.

DE does need them views.. Tennocon last year got them more new user signups than any piece of content ever has. 

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

Easy.
Prime frames are vaulted. Frames like Nidus, Harrow, & etc are ALWAYS available.
Nekros Prime is literally unfarmable for the majority of players currently. He is also a very heavily sought after Prime.

Additionally, Nekros Prime is worth (Monetarily) more than Nidus ever could hope to be.
So DE is in fact short changing itself as your initial complaint desires.

On 2019-06-11 at 4:11 PM, Knight_Ex said:

Before it was Trinity and Frost, now its Nekros Prime? Why not give away a frame that has an insane amount of grind like Nidus or Ivara? Nekros prime is a luxury, its regular counterpart only share slight stat differences and different visuals, however it is a kinda pathetic move to put a vaulted frame as bait to watch tennocon, again it feels like DE takes a look at the market value of prime sets and uses that to determine which frame to "giveaway",  Though you cannot purchase prime warframes directly from DE outside their prime access, you can however purchase frames like Nidus, Ivara, Harrow and Khora for plat, perhaps this is their game, giving out prime frames that cost them nothing rather than taking the grind away from frames that would cost them something.

Oh to people wondering what I'm on about, if you watch TennoLive on twitch you get a free Nekros Prime, cause clearly DE needs them views.

you're kind of ignoring the part where people would buy the vaulted ones with straight cash also when its their turn. its not like people can't just buy the normal ones with plat they make. though farming them would be more likely and none of them take all that much time overall.

anyways, its a gimmick to attract viewers and a prime will attract more players. just like handing out plat, etc, every week when they stream. its basically super cheap advertising for them in a place that is almost entirely gamers.

oh, i may be biased, i don't have nekros prime yet and that was one of the next on my list.

Edited by dagre2

20 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I can just bring my dog and get a free necross.  also the new mod for the ripcas that has shotgun reload also has 100% gore chance

Even better, then you'd have even more chances to get extra loot because you wouldnt need frost, that leaves room for another nekros for a further chance to get the extra loot per piece.