Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lone wolf alienation

(PSN)dtdionne

I’m an average gamer, no special or amazing skills or anything...but like the well over 100 people on my wf friends list, I’m a full grown adult with piles and piles of cash.  Some of which I have very willingly spent on wf, because it’s an outstanding and FUN game...or it was fun.

For me it became undeniably apparent upon the introduction of the plains triple cap.  I can solo it, BUT ITS NOT FUN AT ALL.  Same for the spider and this latest gross infested wisp.

I don’t like these evolutions and I find myself playing wf way less...and instead of spending tens of thousands a year on it, I’m spending a few hundred.  And that’s not by my choice.

Id encourage de to reconsider their current course of alienating the lone wolfs.  I truly believe it’s in their best interest all the way around.

And I’m sorry if anything i said upsets anyone.  All I can say is that you will begin to understand where im coming from when you get in your fifties and if you had a successful career.  I’ll also say for those in a huff right now, you will get over it, I promise.

If I recall DE_Steve said 34 or 37% of missions were played Solo. This was before Eidolons though so I'm sure it's changed.

Thing is determined groups cannot be challenge in Warframe. They can hit the level cap of 9,999 through eHP, Invisibility, CC or Barriers. Lvl 9,999 is the end of the game. It can't push anything meaner at us so I guess instead of fixing core elements of the game which takes time they make groups more about speed runs.

Other players are just a means of getting loot faster instead of accomplishing goals you couldn't do Solo. It's been going on much longer than these new bosses though. Their big selling point on Relics was the group probability drops compare to key sharing when many of us didn't do key shares. If you do Relics Solo then prepare to spend 4x longer. Fun? I guess that's based on the player. I actually find Solo fun because it's the only time you can get some semblance of challenge but even that's rare.

I don't mind groups. I wish there were more reason than loot or mundane tasks like stand on a pressure plate. I don't want to be locked out of Solo either to be clear. I just wish groups were more about pushing further than pushing faster.

I was playing solo long time when I began.

I didn't care about eidolon hunts other than amps, so going with a team was no problem, mostly leeching. but no way for me to beat tridolon, nor rewarding to go after.

then came profit taker. only to get parts required for weapons, and with a team. too many minion spawns. no more going back unless required.

deck-12 is a bit better. it takes long with exploiter orb but at least I can kill and have fun doing that when I need some resources fast.

this last boss, ropalolyst. I find joy fighting it. over 50 times 😛  ah no, not for boss, but for sentients at the last phase because of their spawn rates in Lua.

yeah, and that is almost the whole list to annoy or enjoy lone wolfs. other things are no problem I guess.

but the thing is, next big content update is a team dependent job and seems to annoy more.

Honestly, Tridolons are probably the biggest problem in this. The Arcanes which only drop from the Hydrolist are VERY powerful with no option to grind towards them solo, like there is with most other things. Sure, the Profit-Taker fight does gate quite a few individual items (like Baruuk and some of the Amp components), but these aren't strictly more POWERFUL items, like some of the Hydrolist arcanes.

I also spend most of my time solo, but eventually gave up and started jumping into Public matchmaking for the Profit-Taker and the Tridolon. The game made it pretty clear that I wasn't going to enjoy these activities even if I want their rewards, so I might as well GET said rewards while I'm not enjoying them. For what it's worth, before they inevitably burn me out, like unenjoyable content always does.

13 hours ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

Id encourage de to reconsider their current course of alienating the lone wolfs.  I truly believe it’s in their best interest all the way around.

The game is designed and built as a co-op game. You can play it solo, but that is not something that is explicitly designed for in all the content.

9 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The game is designed and built as a co-op game. You can play it solo, but that is not something that is explicitly designed for in all the content.

And yet the opposite is also true---not all content is explicitly designed for groups.  In fact, the "storyline" isn't a co-op game at all, and wasn't designed nor built for it---it's solo.

The original game, while offering co-op, was not designed to require it at all.

It's still an age old game conundrum.  On the one hand, a good game will offer rewards in whichever way a player chooses to play---and make no mistake, whether we choose to group or not, this game offered us the ability to join, get established, and press very deeply into its content before finding us stuck with a grouping necessity.  There is a certain irony in that a player soloed their way to the operator in order to do the group only eidolons, for example, and while the eidolons need not be brought down to a more soloable level, their loot availability is worth consideration for this very reason.

That said, I'm not at all sympathetic to someone dumb enough to spend "tens of thousands of dollars a year" on this game, nor someone suggesting that they're taking that kind of foolish spending habit elsewhere.  Seriously, get some help, that'd be dumb even if you where sitting on Warren Buffet level money---if you where going to spend "tens of thousands a year" on this at that point, you'd be doing it as an investor at a level with a say in game development, not on in game currencies and shiny capes.

14 hours ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

I’m an average gamer, no special or amazing skills or anything...but like the well over 100 people on my wf friends list, I’m a full grown adult with piles and piles of cash.  Some of which I have very willingly spent on wf, because it’s an outstanding and FUN game...or it was fun.

For me it became undeniably apparent upon the introduction of the plains triple cap.  I can solo it, BUT ITS NOT FUN AT ALL.  Same for the spider and this latest gross infested wisp.

I don’t like these evolutions and I find myself playing wf way less...and instead of spending tens of thousands a year on it, I’m spending a few hundred.  And that’s not by my choice.

If you have so much money, just buy DE and force them to make the game you want.

But in all seriousness I'd just play another game. Nothing will convince them to change their mind on how they're making the game now as opposed to how they used to.

I'm trying to figure out what your actual issue is, since you have so many friends who also play Warframe. It sounds like you're unhappy with how the game plays out solo. 

But you're grown and have extensive disposable income, so I'd guess somewhere along the line you learned that some things in life are just not something you enjoy doing. If you're dead set on running it solo, you'll just have to continue to not enjoy it. 

I enjoy playing Warframe solo - I think it's remarkably friendly to solo players, as a matter of fact. But I don't do eidolons or profit-taker or any of that solo. I can, I guess, but why? Just jump in with some randoms and you're basically guaranteed to complete it. Get what you want out of it, and stop (I did the Pope-alyst a few times, got what I needed, and that's all I ever needed to do that missiosn). You never have to talk, and nobody expects a relationship to blossom after a pub group does a mission. 

1 hour ago, Thrymm said:

That said, I'm not at all sympathetic to someone dumb enough to spend "tens of thousands of dollars a year" on this game, nor someone suggesting that they're taking that kind of foolish spending habit elsewhere.  Seriously, get some help, that'd be dumb even if you where sitting on Warren Buffet level money---if you where going to spend "tens of thousands a year" on this at that point, you'd be doing it as an investor at a level with a say in game development, not on in game currencies and shiny capes.

oh brother facepalm GIF

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

oh brother facepalm GIF

Figured I'd see something useful, informative and insightful like this, but I figured an obligatory "get help" was better than outright calling BS or troll on his "tens of thousands of dollars a year" on a single game.

Doesn't change a thing about the observation of an overarching trend of solo accessibility being increasingly limited in newer content.

1 hour ago, Thrymm said:

Figured I'd see something useful, informative and insightful like this, but I figured an obligatory "get help" was better than outright calling BS or troll on his "tens of thousands of dollars a year" on a single game.

Doesn't change a thing about the observation of an overarching trend of solo accessibility being increasingly limited in newer content.

You called one from those, thanks to which lots of players can play WF for free, dumb. Are you serious?

22 hours ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

I’m an average gamer, no special or amazing skills or anything...but like the well over 100 people on my wf friends list, I’m a full grown adult with piles and piles of cash.  

Thank you for supporting Warframe and its Developers!!!!

[Personally, I play Warfame on "solo" mode mostly, but I have not spend any money on this game.]

On a side note:

You are welcome to purchase gifts for your fellow Tenno with your piles of cash, or wait until next Tennobaum too.

Keep playing the game your way!

On 2019-06-11 at 8:57 PM, (PS4)dtdionne said:

You are doing it wrong to only solo these missions that require a ton of team work. 

I am an experienced Eidolon hunter, with over 1000 sets. It not too many comparing to some of my friends. And even for me it’s not easy to do it solo. Why do you prefer to solo these missions? It much more effiencent and much easier if you are experienced and are in a good squad.

On 2019-06-12 at 7:08 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Honestly, Tridolons are probably the biggest problem in this. The Arcanes which only drop from the Hydrolist are VERY powerful with no option to grind towards them solo, like there is with most other things. Sure, the Profit-Taker fight does gate quite a few individual items (like Baruuk and some of the Amp components), but these aren't strictly more POWERFUL items, like some of the Hydrolist arcanes.

I also spend most of my time solo, but eventually gave up and started jumping into Public matchmaking for the Profit-Taker and the Tridolon. The game made it pretty clear that I wasn't going to enjoy these activities even if I want their rewards, so I might as well GET said rewards while I'm not enjoying them. For what it's worth, before they inevitably burn me out, like unenjoyable content always does.

Very objective assessment. 

Eh,  You can Solo Tridolons. You can Solo literally every piece of content in the game currently.

Other players are little more than a loot buff in this game. Literally. You can call that co-op if you want...  I guess.