Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY is the fire rate on the robotic Laser Rifle SO LOW?

SulfuradoG

I swear, a fire rate of 1.67?? It's supposed to fire fast.

I just finished building wyrm and was quite baffled at how much his gun sucks.

Did someone at DE get drunk one day and accidentally put the number for reload speed in the fire rate variable or something?

But it can't really be used for status, since it has 2% chance. The point of this weapon IS damage, and it fails tremendously at that. It should be able to at least get a few kills here and there to help level up the companions. 

I think there is some sort of a glitch or unintended thing going on with it, because I do distinctly remember it firing really fast from other people's Sentinels about a year or two in of me joining Warframe, and then after some random patch, it just sort of went away.

Either that, or they nerfed it so they could make the Prime Variant more powerful. Wonder if anything could be found by going through some patch notes.

Yeah, agreed. This doesn't really feel like an intentional decision. If the numbers on the wiki are what it was originally, having it go from 6.7 shots per second to 1.67 shots per second feels like a really drastic change for a nerf.

Should we treat this issue as if it were a bug?.

what? as far as i know vanilla Laser Rifle has a Fire Rate of 6.7 not 1.67.
but aside from that, the benefits of Laser Rifle, aren't much, true. Prime Laser Rifles' strengths are Base Damage, and Crits. 

if it is infact 1.67 then.... something is broken.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what? as far as i know vanilla Laser Rifle has a Fire Rate of 6.7 not 1.67.
but aside from that, the benefits of Laser Rifle, aren't much, true. Prime Laser Rifles' strengths are Base Damage, and Crits. 

if it is infact 1.67 then.... something is broken.

qcpbjkY.jpg

I hope it's broken. that means there's chances of fixing it