Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare missions -- blocked by progression

(NSW)draugath

Please change access to nightmare missions to not be blocked by missions that require excessive progress to unlock.  Specifically I'm currently referring to Oro (Earth), which requires MR5 to even access, and the new Ganymede (Jupiter), which requires that you have completed the quest Natah, and The Roplolyst (Jupiter), which requires that you have completed the quest The Chimera Prologue.  Nightmare missions on every other planet don't have such onerous requirements to access.  For people who may be progressing slower, this restricts their access to these more challenging modes of play.

EDIT:  I guess I hadn't noticed before that Oro doesn't block nightmare missions.  It likely stands to reason that The Roplolyst also doesn't block them, but Ganymede apparently does.  Considering that you have to reach Uranus to complete Natah, this is still a ways past the planet when it should have been possible to unlock nightmare mode.

Edited by (NSW)draugath
Additional detail.

If one wants nightmare mode they will clear the planets nodes. 

Excessive progress? pft No, since you need to clear all nodes in star chart to even touch Arbitrations.

How it's gated is fine. 

If they want to play the challenge modes of nightmare mode they have to clear the planet without making excuses. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

If one wants nightmare mode they will clear the planets nodes. 

Excessive progress? pft No, since you need to clear all nodes in star chart to even touch Arbitrations.

How it's gated is fine. 

If they want to play the challenge modes of nightmare mode they have to clear the planet without making excuses. 

he means that hidden nodes like ropalolyst one prevents you from getting nightmare missions even if you cleared everything else while also being locked behind the full starchart + most quests