Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else having frustrating Affinity Booster issues?

HadesTatsu

Question

Allow me to preface this with saying A) if this is not in the right section then I apologize ahead of time, and 2) the last time I had a problem, all I had to do was a clean instal of warframe (you know uninstalling the game, running disc cleaner, redown the game, wait for updates yadda yadda yadaa), however I have done the same this time and yet .....

Long story short, I hatched a Kubrow egg yesterday and much to my delight, for my second Kubrow I received a Sunika, which is a nice change from my Huras. Being Master Rank 11, I gave her the golden potato, then applied linked health, armor, and shields, bought a three day affinity booster  heading over to the Saturn infested survival tileset to level her up. I figured four or five 40 minutes and she would be level 30, plus I can have some fun trying to go for endurance.

Ashamed to say that after 13+ hours this is what my efforts have to show.....The first picture is 15 minutes into the round, to show I entered with her as level 9, the second picture is what happened after 43 minutes.xui2p.png

dtw6g.png

Now in the interest of not spamming a ton of pictures, I will say I tried the same process with my MOA. Forty minutes and the sucker has barely budged out of Rank 9, However the 0 rank laser Rifle was well on its way to level five. I will not even get started with glitches like Enemies firing through walls at me, or Ancients able to grab me through walls, or from the second floor when I am on the first, I will chalk those up to glitches and nothing more.

Naturally in the interest of testing, I switched over to my (before last night) Master rank 3 account (yes Alts are allowed as long as they do not interact with each other in any form, or join the same fractions and/or dojo's), I started up Howl for the Kubrow quest, completed it, then bought enough platinum to fast track it, Gold Potato it, and buy another affinity booster, and why not seeing as my Orthos for that account was done crafting. Headed over to the same Infested dark sector tileset on Saturn, and I believe it was four long runs of about 40 min (then taking a break) my lower account had a max ranked Kubrow and Orthos.

I have little to no issue with paying what is needed to set up my lower account to go around the star chart (and all the quests) again, It will just take time aside from being a pain in the butt, however I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why my main account has always been in this state of what seems like something went south, and has not returned.

11 answers to this question

companions don't share the affinity from your kills that well. you'd be better off doing a pub hydron so your pets can get the shared affinity from your squad's kills
short version: you kill - pet gets little XP; other guys around you kill - pet gets a lot more XP.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

companions don't share the affinity from your kills that well. you'd be better off doing a pub hydron so your pets can get the shared affinity from your squad's kills
short version: you kill - pet gets little XP; other guys around you kill - pet gets a lot more XP.

8 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

you're playing solo, your kubrow is unmodded for dmg so it's not killing anything, of course it's not gonna level up. learn to the affinity split works first then talk 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

This doesn't sound right.... I've had no issues leveling up my Companions Solo.... granted I don't intentionally level them.. I jus slap them on and do my missions as usual... they level pretty quickly... especially my Kitties. 

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

This doesn't sound right.... I've had no issues leveling up my Companions Solo.... granted I don't intentionally level them.. I jus slap them on and do my missions as usual... they level pretty quickly... especially my Kitties. 

if you've modded your pet to kill then yeah it should level up along side you. but if you're using it as a support (no killing intended) it's not going to get any XP unless it's shared XP from other people's kills. Also objective XP such as spy vaults give companions XP and are the best way if you want to level them up solo (if they aren't modded for killing).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDM774 said:

if you've modded your pet to kill then yeah it should level up along side you. but if you're using it as a support (no killing intended) it's not going to get any XP unless it's shared XP from other people's kills. Also objective XP such as spy vaults give companions XP and are the best way if you want to level them up solo (if they aren't modded for killing).

And this is the strange part (to me). With the golden potato I was able to rank up  Savagery & Unleashed*. To make sure I was eliminating all possibilities and thought this same thing, I Removed the linked Health, Armor, Shields and slipped on Venom Teeth, going into the Dark Sector Tileset on Saturn with Hildryn, just to remove toxic procs from those annoying flyers, then tried to hang back to let sunshine (yes my bad sense of humor for names with Kubrow's :P) do the kills.

I even went to Coba (or is it Copa) on earth, tried a low level Grineer mission where I could sit higher up as Valkyr and let sunshine do what she was to do best. Now granted she would not rank up as fast, I understand this, but it seemed there was no improvement.

That is why I thought about trying my lower account, in a inspiration of "Is it on my end, or the server back end", and making sure I did not create any variables, the lower account with the new kubrow leveled up and fast and without issue. I am doing a clean install again (my ISP loves me with the bandwidth downloads) just to make sure one last time it is not that.

However once that is done, I will see what other mods I might be able to put on sunshine to make sure she gets more kills. Like I said this is more frustrating than anything. It is like go into the match, have the Kubrow go up a level, rinse and repeat. Well if anything else I can say my Alan Grant syndrome is kicking up again eh?

Edited by HadesTatsu
Wanted to add Jurassic Park Reference.

The companions need to be alive to gain any affinity for companion to level up.

Maybe keep the Kubrow/Kavat Loyalty as high as possible for best damage. More information on wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kubrow#Maintenance

The best way to get affinity (XP / Focus) is multiplayer squads. Faster kills, shared affinity while nearby players.

Solo mode have less sharing of Affinity, and reduced enemy counts compared to multiplayer squads. Less kills, less affinity, in endless missions, which is mostly not good. Wanted to see more solo mode options on their topic: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1100028-setting-for-solos-to-spawn-more-mobs/

The problems appears to have nothing to do with boosters, it is just Affinity solo mode limitations. Affinity booster only doubled the earned affinity.

3 hours ago, HadesTatsu said:

the lower account with the new kubrow leveled up and fast and without issue

There are level up scaling amount as well. Warframe affinity wiki have more information.

Level 1 to level 2 is very fast with small amount of XP needed.
Level 29 to level 30 is slower and requires more XP to level up.

I think I wrote my post a little quick on that one. When I said "Lower level account" I meant my second account that has crawled it's way up to MR5 trying to figure this out. Though I think I may have found what is going on here and this might get confusing.

My main (MR11) account is set to solo. Reason being, I tend to have two modes: Stealth or Leeroy Jenkins the stuffing out of it. Not the best when teaming up with randoms, as one does not know their play style.

My Alt account (MR5) account is set to friends only, incase my buddy who started playing last week wants to jump in a mission (don't want to scare him off when he jumps in and I am playing index, and he is only a MR3 after all).

Perhaps when I started to level up my MR3 account Kubrow, the system though I was in a squad or about to be one and acted accordingly. I will have to test this crazy (and yes I know is oddly crazy) theory.

All right after a clean install,of Warframe (right down to when I had to verify my email address as I was logging in for the "first time") and making sure my affinity booster was still active, I tried again.

33clx7q.jpg

Bare in mind before I tried this with the affinity booster sunshine was not even half way on level 20. Now to rule out any questions, here is what Sunshine has as mods;

hvcjdg.jpg

And her current status

5a3n5y.jpg

So I am not sure what is going on. Like I said I logged into my secondary account last night, fast tracked hatching a Kuvrow egg on it, and it is already max rank due to also having a affinity booster on the other account, and using the same tileset I did here. So, I am going to chalk it up to a gremlin in the works, try to get through getting Sunshine here up to max rank, in the time remaining of the Affinity booster I have and hope for the best.

Side note: I was not really wanting to level up the Exergis, and was using the Orthos for this.

Edited by HadesTatsu

8 hours ago, EDM774 said:

Actually my Kats seemed to get Affinity whenever they Activated their precepts.