Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compared To Other F2P Games, The Rng Isn't Even Bad.

-..-

Basically the title. There are several (very successful, I may add) games where the chance to get a fully upgraded item takes extreme luck. I'm talking getting a 10% item to succeed 10 times in a row, and paying real money to reverse the damages if it fails. The amount of money required takes hundreds of dollars or months of merching to gather enough money. Here in warframe you can easily farm prime weapons or mats for clan weapons in a relatively short amount of time. Several days of casual playing can easily get you a couple nice weapons or frames. I feel like some of you who really complain about RNG are not frequent MMO-ers. If DE wants Warframe to be successful, they do need to increase the longevity of the game. If this means making blueprints cost 3x more than the last ones, then so be it. We've been spoiled far too long enjoying the simple "it took me 30 runs to get all my frame pieces". Try farming for a mount in WoW. It'll take you weeks of hardcore playing. Really. For one mount. You think a guaranteed nekro drop after a couple hours of farming is bad? Try .01% chance to drop after waiting hours for a rare spawn.

tl;dr We're too spoiled and the RNG isn't even bad especially compared to other games.

Edited by -..-

Just because another game is worse doesn't mean it's the new standard and to be considered bad all other games must either be worse, or on par with it. Also, WF isn't an MMO really. It's online. It's massive. It's multiplayer, but it's not Massive and multiplayer at the same time. You play with 3 other people at any one time.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

THANK YOU.

Finally. Someone gets it. PRAISE THE BELL CURVE.

Some tweaks to RNG might be nice (i.e. higher defense waves having better chances for rarer rewards, survival rewards being rarer/better every 5 minute interval, etc) but in no way should it be removed. It's a perfectly valid system for doling out items.

Token system, while viable, is meh. The problem with a token system is that everyone will always get what they want. It spoils us further. RNG on the other hand keeps some items more exclusive than others. I mean, how awful would it be if everyone was running around with mag primes, dakra primes, boar primes and prime everything?

It'd be dumb. That's what.

Edited by Letter13

Basically the title. There are several (very successful, I may add) games where the chance to get a fully upgraded item takes extreme luck. I'm talking getting a 10% item to succeed 10 times in a row, and paying real money to reverse the damages if it fails. The amount of money required takes hundreds of dollars or months of merching to gather enough money. Here in warframe you can easily farm prime weapons or mats for clan weapons in a relatively short amount of time. Several days of casual playing can easily get you a couple nice weapons or frames. I feel like some of you who really complain about RNG are not frequent MMO-ers. If DE wants Warframe to be successful, they do need to increase the longevity of the game. If this means making blueprints cost 3x more than the last ones, then so be it. We've been spoiled far too long enjoying the simple "it took me 30 runs to get all my frame pieces". Try farming for a mount in WoW. It'll take you weeks of hardcore playing. Really. For one mount. You think a guaranteed nekro drop after a couple hours of farming is bad? Try .01% chance to drop after waiting hours for a rare spawn.

tl;dr We're too spoiled and the RNG isn't even bad especially compared to other games.

Tell that to the players with hundreds of hours trying to get a single mod or void drop.

The very issue warframe has it farming feels like farming. The only way to progress in the game is to farm so unless you farm for xp, farm for drops you cannot progress through the game and content. Game progression is tied to farming and this is a fail. 

Pso and pso2 are similar in design to warframe and yet I never found myself bored even when farming stuff for months or over the years I played the first game because not farming it didn't me I couldn't progress it simply meant I didn't have that top tier shiny because There was non rare stuff that could still put you through the game and because of this playing the game out weighted the boredom of farming and rares were simply that longterm goal.

In warframe however there is no challenge, there is only the farm and with rng when you play 60 hours and don't get what you are looking for/needing this means you do not progress and a lack of progression or even the feeling of progression in a game destroys any amount of fun the player was having.

Tell that to the players with hundreds of hours trying to get a single mod or void drop.

It's called a Bell Curve. You should check it out sometime.

As with any random system, you will have users who experience cases of RNG that puts them at the severe end of the Bell Curve (basically the lowest 0.5%). The majority of players experience the center of the bell curve, in which they have to do a moderate amount of grinding to eventually get what they want. And then you have the extreme end (top 0.5%) who have to do little to no grinding because they get everything they need and want in a very short amount of time.

It's literally a game of luck. Some people are outrageously lucky, and some insanely unlucky. This is actually an example that shows RNG is working as intended.

It's called a Bell Curve. You should check it out sometime.

As with any random system, you will have users who experience cases of RNG that puts them at the severe end of the Bell Curve (basically the lowest 0.5%). The majority of players experience the center of the bell curve, in which they have to do a moderate amount of grinding to eventually get what they want. And then you have the extreme end (top 0.5%) who have to do little to no grinding because they get everything they need and want in a very short amount of time.

It's literally a game of luck. Some people are outrageously lucky, and some insanely unlucky. This is actually an example that shows RNG is working as intended.

Try reading my whole post because your response is meaningless as it ignores every other part of what I said.

Try reading my whole post because your response is meaningless as it ignores every other part of what I said.

That's because my post was focusing on what you said at the start of your post. If I wanted to reply to the rest of your post, I would have done so. But I didn't feel as if the rest of your post needed a response, so I only responded to the first part.

"It is worse in other games." doesn't happen to fix the fact that it is a massive contributor to the burn out issue driving people from this game.

I know it is worse in other games.

I don't care that it is worse in other games. That knowledge doesn't make the situation any better.

But does it strengthen the faith in the RNGods we believe in?

That's because my post was focusing on what you said at the start of your post. If I wanted to reply to the rest of your post, I would have done so. But I didn't feel as if the rest of your post needed a response, so I only responded to the first part.

You cannot ignore the rest of something when it counters your attempt at countering his statement.

An even if other games are worse, that's because it follows their business model that was set from the very beginning. Games that are like that are usually very easy to pick up, play, and then put down. You have rare spawn timers for those kind of games. You can say "Oh, I can watch a few episodes of something, log in to my game, kill spawn, and either try again tomorrow or gloat."

In Warframe, you have to grind in order to grind in order to unlock a thing to help you grind, in a vicious cycle that does not end with a feeling of satisfaction of completing a storyline where the final boss was Nuadha Airgeatlámh, the king of gods.

It ends with you getting a reskinned Braton that's outclassed by half a dozen easier to get weapons.

the rng works fine. i don't have every mod and every frame/weapon i want, but that's okay. increasing the chance of getting anything would rapidly kill that game, since poeple then tend to tick off warframe and move on to the next title.

and this is a developer's worst case.

the rng works fine. i don't have every mod and every frame/weapon i want, but that's okay. increasing the chance of getting anything would rapidly kill that game, since poeple then tend to tick off warframe and move on to the next title.

and this is a developer's worst case.

Ask yourself, why do they get so mad they decide to leave? Is it because of a lack of updates? Nope. Is it because the gameplay/gun-play is boring/bad? Nope. Is it because they grind, and grind and grind without any real goal, other than to grind? Probably is my guess.