Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons capture and kill numbers in stats are incorrect

denrenso

I started doing tridolon captures not long ago as I didn't realy enjoy them when gantulyst and hydrolyst came out (I've captured a hundred-ish teralysts before that though, all counted as kills).

What I've come to realise is that capture and kill numbers aren't acurate at all. Kill number sometimes increases for a captured eidolon or said capture doesn't count at all in the profile stats.

I don't have mutliple screenshots (yet) to prove that but my profile stats are still wrong.

captures.png

How can gantulyst and hydrolyst capture numbers be higher than teralyst capture number ?

I don't have an answer to the why but here are some things that might be relevant :

• I'm rarely host for those captures,
  • I've played with higher pings (200-300) on some occasions,
  • I've seen a few kill animations when it was supposed to be captures. Hosts (and some others team mates too) saw capture animations and we all got capture rewards in the end.

Edited by denrenso

I can confirm these counts are wrong right off the bat. I killed my first (and only) Teralyst 2 days ago. According to my stats I killed 2 Teralysts. It boggles the mind what sort of bug could make a computer forget how to count integers. DE always accomplishing the impossible 🙂

My kill was a solo kill in solo mode so I don't think it has anything to do with client/host issues. I'll keep an eye on it when I kill any more to see if I can find a pattern but that will probably be a while. This first one was a bit of a spur of the moment/on a whim thing and I need to adjust my setup a bit before I do any more cause whittling down that last 3% of its health with a dagger while Onkko was shouting at me that the sun was coming up wasn't very elegant.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been facing this issue with both my kill and capture counts incrementing simultaneously after successful captures for at least two months now since I started with the eidolons. I can confirm the captures from the articula and brilliant shard rewards. There are several bug reports filed here in the forums regarding the discrepancy of kill and capture counts. All those threads been archived due to lack of activity without any resolution or workaround.

One major problem with the issue reports so far is that its almost impossible for the reporter to prove that they didn't get that many kills. Here OP has irrefutable proof that this is indeed an issue. DE needs to do something about the kill and capture count bug.

• 4 years later...

4 years later:

Still bugged. Always doing 5x3 and with some luck one or two captures been counted. Thats only one of few bugs... The others arent a big deal but captures are a good way to show that you know what has to be done in that boss-fight and a good way to personalize your records on the profile. Sounds irrelevante for game-devs, who dont really play their game (understandable - I couldnt either if I'D know that I can get everything I want by some codes), but people, who are into Warframe would like it obviously.

Im wondering why DE doesnt care... Some programmer and designers sat on that for many many hours to make it work.
something to be proud about as game-dev and just because of that work was done several years ago doesnt make it less worthful.

Still an essential part of the game, still played and still enjoyable - especially after Focus-Rework, so come one DE...
I know you're working no new content, but dont stop working on old content please.

If it would be a part of Dark Sector (the game); okay, understandable, but the Eidolons are a part of your current game "Warframe"!

To solve that bug: as soon the last lure dies, the capture should be counted immediatly. I guess its bugged because of flying too the gate too fast so the game doesnt has time to count the capture. counting works when staying near Hydrolyst but you just dont have time for that...

Edited by --TL--Gecko