Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DOOM2016 Glory kill finisher mods

SnuggleBuckets

Seems like an obvious suggestion to make, but a potentially interesting mod to see for melee weapons would be one to dole out health orbs on killing enemies with finisher moves.
Would encourage that push forward aggressive stance in combat, earn health by killing enemies, which fits with the Warframe style.
Also Snipers could use something like a Drifting Contact mod to increase the combo time for them.

I remember seeing that which kind of put me in the mind of thinking about finishers as a Doom glory kill (I think they might have even mentioned Doom in passing there?), but they talk about the extended loot drops are at the final enemy you kill in a fight, and I'm hoping for a more direct reward to keep you still in a fight pushing forward, where you're rewarded while the fight is still going on, to risk it and finish someone for some precious health to keep you going to take care of the rest of the enemies.
That's why the suggestion, to put that thought in the back of their minds in case anyone reads this in time for the finisher rework, would fit right at home to spice it up 🙂

Well, we do have the Broken Sceptre, a ble to extract health orbs form enemy corpses, energy from machine corpses.

Also alot of Warframes generate health orbs with abiltiys or augments like Nekros and Trinity.

Having such is obselete and would recuce the usefullnes of such frames or the already barely used sceptre, on top we have Life Strike which kinda works same already on each hit already with channeling givign health that way.

I might see where you getting add, making use of the Simaris health mod for armor on health orbs as example but as said, not everything can work with everything else.

Just now, Marine027 said:

Well, we do have the Broken Sceptre, a ble to extract health orbs form enemy corpses, energy from machine corpses.

Also alot of Warframes generate health orbs with abiltiys or augments like Nekros and Trinity.

Having such is obselete and would recuce the usefullnes of such frames or the already barely used sceptre, on top we have Life Strike which kinda works same already on each hit already with channeling givign health that way.

I might see where you getting add, making use of the Simaris health mod for armor on health orbs as example but as said, not everything can work with everything else.

... Your argument is a general one that might as well apply to any of the examples that you raise:
sceptre reduces usefulness of life strike, life strike reduces usefulness of Nekros, Nekros reduces and makes Trinity obsolete, Oberon Nezha Equilibrium Synth Denconstruct etc etc etc.
There's nothing specific in your logic that limits it to making this finisher mod suggestion a special case.

Having more build variety and choices is just a good thing to promote varied ways of getting the same result, enemies dead, us rewarded for the different ways we engage in combat.
I'm not talking of an overpowered way of getting all your health back in one finisher, I'm talking of an additional way to keep you afloat in the middle of intense firefights, on top of all the other ways we try our best to stay alive while killing hordes of enemies.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SnuggleBuckets:

... Your argument is a general one that might as well apply to any of the examples that you raise:
sceptre reduces usefulness of life strike, life strike reduces usefulness of Nekros, Nekros reduces and makes Trinity obsolete, Oberon Nezha Equilibrium Synth Denconstruct etc etc etc.
There's nothing specific in your logic that limits it to making this finisher mod suggestion a special case.

Having more build variety and choices is just a good thing to promote varied ways of getting the same result, enemies dead, us rewarded for the different ways we engage in combat.
I'm not talking of an overpowered way of getting all your health back in one finisher, I'm talking of an additional way to keep you afloat in the middle of intense firefights, on top of all the other ways we try our best to stay alive while killing hordes of enemies.

I am all in for variety and the things i said are simpyl already exampels of exisitng variety, but thing is also you can basically finish a enemy with a channeling attack on life strike or kill with nekros also, it depends on how people play things etc.

But then you have problems with balance, consider Ash's augment causing finisher anytime, or any Warfraem that can blind enemies and cause several heatlh drops that way desptie not beeing a supprot frame, thing is Nekros, Trinity, Nezha etc are more support then pure kill while Excalibur which kills effcient enough already casuign health drops aswell would be alot, consdieirng simple that health drops count for the whole team.

I simply say that this could cause heavy issues with other existing mechancis already, as sadi variety is good but if it causes issues its a problem.

The reason why i also said obselete is simply we have alot of variety for health drops already, and older frames suffer enough already due newer ones, i simply try to say that we should not make to muhc variety of the same simply, because to much can be harmful aswell desptie big variety.

Consdiering also that for that we have variety in mods etc, if you want to stay alive lets say you take vitality over power strength etc. as mere example.

It all coems down of choosing, while such mods could simply go the mandatory way of meta builds, i barely know peopel using life strike as example despite it beeing useful but peopel bareyl use channaling, we rather need reworks fo the system itself then rather slap more bandaid mods into it.