Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Vauban be given a Khora style Sentinel?

Zahnny

I was wondering if Vauban as the engineer frame could be given the passive of his own Sentinel. (with the ability to equip a secondary sentinel or other companion)

I don't actually have any ideas, I just wanted to know if this is something people would like.

EDIT: Fixed grammar in title

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Can you expand on why a frame, named after a fort designer, would have a Sentinel as the big part of it's kit?

That doesnt have to matter with naming it just has to sound sci-fi, and yes an exalted sentinel would fit perfectly on vauban

I think a specialized moa would work nicely and would make since. I'd give it the selectable abilities to:

1) Supplement Vauban' s traps, such as additional status effect, extend status durations and temporarily buff status chance on weapons.

2) Give it a temporary higher attraction, with enhanced shields and have it lead enemies to traps. Can be in sync with 1st ability.

3) Provide additional protection to Vauban similar to cloaking and weapon silencing, making him spy tactical as well. Can disable lasers. 

4) Can override alarms, codes and can incapacitate and then reprogram enemy moas.

16 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

an exalted sentinel would fit perfectly on vauban

In case it wasn't obvious... it is not a perfect fit, to me. Can you explain how it perfectly fits Vauban, the man, the works, the frame as it exists now?

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

In case it wasn't obvious... it is not a perfect fit, to me. Can you explain how it perfectly fits Vauban, the man, the works, the frame as it exists now?

The guy he is named after was far more than a fort designer. He was the war engineer or war smith of his time. A genius when it came to both offensive and defensive siege warfare. So pretty much anything engineering based would fit Vauban in the game, the more high tech for the WF universe the better. Seeing him with sentinels or some type of warmachine A.I companion would fit very well.

• Like 3

Exalted Moa sounds way cool but I can see a Sentinel too.

If it was a Sentinel, it would remind me of Lulu's Pix in League of Legends.

It would be interesting to see Vauban with some support abilities that's for sure.

Maybe he could be a mechanical master instead of a beast master like Khora 🐱

Give Vauban a modified Bursa. That thing can be a mobile mortar, a shock grenade launcher or shield regenerator.

The Corpus bursa model could be reused for the time being. Less work for DE.