Dontuspowerus

Void beam sword amps anyone?

I know, I know... DE don't want to implement this just because it's Excalibur's thing but.... it can easily be fixed. Just make Excalibur's charge attack charge a super gigantic wave of void slash that can solve our hands trying to press e rapidly and destroying our keyboards in the process. Or maybe make Excalibur change whatever shape of the exalted weapon he's wielding as long as it has a "Blade" (Wukong: Phew...)

Ok, so De should give the operators Sword and probably even dagger amps so we can use it in conjunction to our void cloak to "STEALTH KILL AND NOT ALERT THE BIG JERKS WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO SQUEEZE BETWEEN A DOOR AND A BOMBARD THAT IS STANDING ON THE WAY TO THE SPY VAULT!" Also, it'll make the Madurai line fit in. Because, let's be real here, why did you even train with swords if you don't even use one "YOURSELF". (Throwable Amp daggers would be cool....)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 9

I've said this before, but I would do unreasonable things for an Operator weapon in the vein of a Protoss psi-blade.

• Like 3
  • Satisfied 1

I honestly want a full rework of operator mobility and I would absolutely love the **** out of this once that happens... I'd really like to see operator only missions to make you feel more.... Identified, with your operator........

Basically long story short I would like to see the operators move more similar to warframes, minus the powered movements like bullet jumping... Operators need to have the muscle memory to do the things that warframes do, that means they should be able to move like Olympic gymnasts, aim like military marksmen, and cqc fight like martial arts masters. Just their frame makes them capable of things that humans are not capable of doing. 

Adding lightsaber like void weapons to augment their amps would be great.... But truth is void mode is low on button bindings as it is, so they'd probably have to rework how a lot of things work, or else maybe bind melee binding to void blast....which...would be workable...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I honestly want a full rework of operator mobility and I would absolutely love the **** out of this once that happens... I'd really like to see operator only missions to make you feel more.... Identified, with your operator........

Basically long story short I would like to see the operators move more similar to warframes, minus the powered movements like bullet jumping... Operators need to have the muscle memory to do the things that warframes do, that means they should be able to move like Olympic gymnasts, aim like military marksmen, and cqc fight like martial arts masters. Just their frame makes them capable of things that humans are not capable of doing. 

Adding lightsaber like void weapons to augment their amps would be great.... But truth is void mode is low on button bindings as it is, so they'd probably have to rework how a lot of things work, or else maybe bind melee binding to void blast....which...would be workable...

Now this is on the right track. Or DE would go the story route because the tenno are all in all still recovering from the cryo sleep and muscle atrophy.

7 minutes ago, Dontuspowerus said:

Now this is on the right track. Or DE would go the story route because the tenno are all in all still recovering from the cryo sleep and muscle atrophy.

I actually have done a lot of physical training off and on over the years. Muscle memory is permanent, you know how they say "you never forget how to ride a bike"?... That's muscle memory. You can could have not been on a bicycle since you were nine years old and you're still going to be able to ride a bike. As for atrophy, your muscle mass never /truly/ goes away unless you suffered a partial amputation. Someone who use to be in high physical fitness and then "let them selves go" for a few years is still going to regain their level of fitness much quicker than someone who is just starting off on trying to build their personal fitness for the first time. It's been a few years since we first gained the ability to move on our own again... By now, given the amount of combat our operators see even out of frame, we should be back in our peak by now.

If DE wants to go story mode with us regaining the mobility we once had, I'm okay with that. But operators have felt more like a gimmick for applying buffs to our frames for much too long, and as operators have increasingly gained more power through the waybound perks to increase armor, healing, amp power, operator void power, etc, it's probably time that they become more relevant in the game. Especially with some frames operating independent of the operator when in operator mode.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I actually have done a lot of physical training off and on over the years. Muscle memory is permanent, you know how they say "you never forget how to ride a bike"?... That's muscle memory. You can could have not been on a bicycle since you were nine years old and you're still going to be able to ride a bike. As for atrophy, your muscle mass never /truly/ goes away unless you suffered a partial amputation. Someone who use to be in high physical fitness and then "let them selves go" for a few years is still going to regain their level of fitness much quicker than someone who is just starting off on trying to build their personal fitness for the first time. It's been a few years since we first gained the ability to move on our own again... By now, given the amount of combat our operators see even out of frame, we should be back in our peak by now.

If DE wants to go story mode with us regaining the mobility we once had, I'm okay with that. But operators have felt more like a gimmick for applying buffs to our frames for much too long, and as operators have increasingly gained more power through the waybound perks to increase armor, healing, amp power, operator void power, etc, it's probably time that they become more relevant in the game. Especially with some frames operating independent of the operator when in operator mode.

Guess that sums it up then. (and I hope that DE will just go and add an extra attatchment for the sword and not a straight up build a void sword amp...I still wanna shoot them)

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

The only excuse I can see for Operators is the fact that they were trained for a level of strength and endurance that no human could possibly possess, as well as lacking the momentum-shifting tech, since presumably they were trained in their Warframes - or even never trained in our original bodies thus never developing the muscle mass to begin with. So they can't pull off the same moves - although they can pull themselves over ledges and even do a flip whilst doing so, so we're hardly weak - we're human athlete level, even if not peak Olympic level.

Still, that doesn't stop us from making new martial arts that incorporate our own powers, or other tools to compensate - and indeed, we should have achieved a fairly good amount of physical fitness by now due simply to seeing active combat a lot. A grappling hook or even just an advanced version of channeling would work. And, pretty critically, we have Teshin, who is an enhanced human, not a Warframe and presumably has similar weaknesses to us, even getting tired (even if it's much later than a normal human) since Warframes being able to fight without fatigue is an advertising point in the Warframe technology fragment. Which means he could probably teach a modified version of Dax martial arts to get us up to speed. Hell, maybe Umbra could get in on the Action since he presumably knows that too. Also, I really want to see Teshin's reaction to meeting what I can only assume would be an absolute legend to him, even in Umbra's current state.

I'd be down for either seeing Operators go more into their space magic elements (limited flight, teleportation or some kind of avatar state -accessible with or optionally instead of our current powers) or get more old fashioned tools - like the aforementioned grappling hook, and get more mobility that way. I wouldn't want them to have the same mobility as frames exactly, but different mobility.

• Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I could have sworn in the original lore that the Tenno had actually started being training as weapons from the start.... Super powered void corrupted entities that they were, they had already been flagged by the Orokin as a candidates who would make powerful, near unstoppable warriors. The warframe project if I remember correctly had been considered a "failed initiative" and it was complete coincidence that one of the Tenno discovered they had the capacity to pilot the nanobiomechanical..... "Devices".... I had thought that this was well after they had begun compulsory training as child soldiers. 

Even without their warframes, the tenno are more than a match for most enemies in this universe and that's in a very weakened state after having been in a sleep chamber for centuries... Imagine what they were like before all this happened to them...scum that the Orokin were would not have slept on that fact and would have been eager to exploit their powers.

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I could have sworn in the original lore that the Tenno had actually started being training as weapons from the start.... Super powered void corrupted entities that they were, they had already been flagged by the Orokin as a candidates who would make powerful, near unstoppable warriors. The warframe project if I remember correctly had been considered a "failed initiative" and it was complete coincidence that one of the Tenno discovered they had the capacity to pilot the nanobiomechanical..... "Devices".... I had thought that this was well after they had begun compulsory training as child soldiers. 

Unlikely. The realisation occurs during the Rhino Prime Codex entry where they're in the Second Dream already, which means they weren't being actively trained.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Even without their warframes, the tenno are more than a match for most enemies in this universe and that's in a very weakened state after having been in a sleep chamber for centuries... Imagine what they were like before all this happened to them...scum that the Orokin were would not have slept on that fact and would have been eager to exploit their powers.

It seems the Operators mostly dominate through their immense Psychosomatic powers, rather than physical prowess. Which isn't to say that swordsmanship or other melee's couldn't suit them, it'd just be quite different. Channeling power through their blade, warping around to strike and combined power/blade attacks. Basically using the sword as a supplement and/or a focus for their powers, as opposed to the Warframes which dominate physically. Gotta keep the two separate for the theming.

EDIT/ADDITION: Found a pretty good example piece:

Spoiler

The Purple one in this fight. Not sure which character it is, not that it really matters:

Note how she(?) uses her magic powers in conjunction with her blades and physical capabilities, both supplementing her physicality and covering for it when found lacking.

Edited by Loza03
Example piece.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Hide contentsThe Purple one in this fight. Not sure which character it is, not that it really matters:

This brings up other points for if they added a blade or some other form of "channeled amp" melee...* be that channeled weapon a sword, a staff, a dagger, whatever.... To avoid the complication of adding stances to these weapons you could actually bind the melee stance to the school you are using. Each school would have a different melee style favoring aggression, stealth, defense, etc...  Possibly even different movement animations favoring the specifics of that school.....................

Spoiler

*tangent* speaking of that's how I figured that light sabers worked when I was a kid, and the reason why the technology wasn't all over the place, in star wars. That only those who could use the force could use light sabers because the blade was force channeled into the blade.... Expanded universe has since not only stated they are energy intensive weapons that have to be charged like a flashlight, but that channeling the force in such a way that it would be used as a weapon is specifically banned by Jedi doctrine as pure "dark side".... (They get around this by using a battery to focus energy through a lens, creating something that is no less a tool for taking life or inflicting injury but some how it's okay because you're not using "the force" to kill people....... I have sense adapted my model to assume that rather than plasma, regardless of what they say, it is actually a form of "solid hologram projection", where in a blade width is something like 0.05 nanometer's thick (about half the width of a hydrogen atom) but the projection vibrates at incredible speed creating the effect of intense heat. The light radiated from this incredibly thin blade makes it look much thicker. Because the blade is a solid energy hologram projection it can be countered by other such energy fields and dampened by extremely dense materials and being that it is not subject to the fragility of solid matter like steel or ceramic it will not bend, break, and would not transmit impact back to the user..................................... Yes. I have put entirely too much thought into how these things /might/ actually work if we were capable of projecting a solid energy field.....

4 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

This brings up other points for if they added a blade or some other form of "channeled amp" melee...* be that channeled weapon a sword, a staff, a dagger, whatever.... To avoid the complication of adding stances to these weapons you could actually bind the melee stance to the school you are using. Each school would have a different melee style favoring aggression, stealth, defense, etc...  Possibly even different movement animations favoring the specifics of that school.....................

Hide contents

*tangent* speaking of that's how I figured that light sabers worked when I was a kid, and the reason why the technology wasn't all over the place, in star wars. That only those who could use the force could use light sabers because the blade was force channeled into the blade.... Expanded universe has since not only stated they are energy intensive weapons that have to be charged like a flashlight, but that channeling the force in such a way that it would be used as a weapon is specifically banned by Jedi doctrine as pure "dark side".... (They get around this by using a battery to focus energy through a lens, creating something that is no less a tool for taking life or inflicting injury but some how it's okay because you're not using "the force" to kill people....... I have sense adapted my model to assume that rather than plasma, regardless of what they say, it is actually a form of "solid hologram projection", where in a blade width is something like 0.05 nanometer's thick (about half the width of a hydrogen atom) but the projection vibrates at incredible speed creating the effect of intense heat. The light radiated from this incredibly thin blade makes it look much thicker. Because the blade is a solid energy hologram projection it can be countered by other such energy fields and dampened by extremely dense materials and being that it is not subject to the fragility of solid matter like steel or ceramic it will not bend, break, and would not transmit impact back to the user..................................... Yes. I have put entirely too much thought into how these things /might/ actually work if we were capable of projecting a solid energy field.....

Channeling? No, what I mean about this thread is a straight up light sabre but we use our void energies to do it. Also, yes including void axes void tonfas void just void weaponry SO I CAN ALSO PERSONALLY KICK SOME SENTIENT ASS!! YA HEAR ME BALLAS AND HUNHOW!?!? YA HEAR ME! I'LL RIP YER BRAINS OUT!

1 hour ago, Dontuspowerus said:

Channeling? No, what I mean about this thread is a straight up light sabre but we use our void energies to do it. Also, yes including void axes void tonfas void just void weaponry SO I CAN ALSO PERSONALLY KICK SOME SENTIENT ASS!! YA HEAR ME BALLAS AND HUNHOW!?!? YA HEAR ME! I'LL RIP YER BRAINS OUT!

If you read the spoiler...

When I say "channeled" I don't mean it in the sense of how warframe does. I mean as in taking the power of the void and using an artifice to channel it through. Think about it like this. A lithium ion battery contains a great deal of power. Poorly handled that power can lose containment and explode (destroying the battery with it) but channeled correctly it can power a flashlight, a saw, a drill... I'm talking about channeling energy through a tool in order to create a blade.... The amp already does this, taking the raw energy that we might focus into a simple beam and focusing it into a projectile that does much more damage. Since the amps already exist, there is canon that such devices can be made....

There is a huge potential to update operator movement and weapon systems. I’d like to see this to happen. 

• Upvote 1

Rework operator mobility first before even trying to create new amp variants. Allowing them to bullet jump, wall run, and roll would definitely make people want to use operator and making the overall experience better, but what about Void Dash, Void Blast, and Void mode? Just bind them to ability buttons like Warframes. 

12 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Rework operator mobility first before even trying to create new amp variants. Allowing them to bullet jump, wall run, and roll would definitely make people want to use operator and making the overall experience better, but what about Void Dash, Void Blast, and Void mode? Just bind them to ability buttons like Warframes. 

ehhh, bullet jump no, gliding no.

Void hover while aiming in the air yes

Void wall dash yes.

Void mode yes 

Void dash yes

Void hand blade (only usable to stealth kill) yes

Void Blast obviously yes 

Void fake kamehameha exploady yes

{Able to pass through locked doors in void mode yes (kidding)}

If we're gonna go all void, I want my operator to become a fool fledged Dark Templar.

Adun Toridas

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

If we're gonna go all void, I want my operator to become a fool fledged Dark Templar.

Adun Toridas

The eperah pretects.

(Lel, but I think that the warp is just the coating of reality because since the warp always does something but the void just makes everything empty, voidless and has an entity for itself aka a lot of hey kiddoness)

1 hour ago, Dontuspowerus said:

The eperah pretects.

(Lel, but I think that the warp is just the coating of reality because since the warp always does something but the void just makes everything empty, voidless and has an entity for itself aka a lot of hey kiddoness)

Actually if you go deep into the lore of Starcraft, Warp blades are made by the Dark Templar channeling the energies of the Void and enhancing that energy with their wrist blades so that it would be stabilized and amplified. 
They don't have to have the device but it makes it easier to keep it since it helps them maintain the blade without having to constantly concentrate and requires less void energies.

The more I think of it, the more similar they are. All of the Dark templar's weaponry are based on Void energy and the khadarin crystals that amplify/store/stabilize it. It would be awesome to see the operators use that technology as well.

Also in SC2 there's another tribe of protoss call the Tal'darim. They are fanatics and use drugs to enhance their psionic capabilities which in turn gives them more power to channel through the void. Its also addictive as hell and makes them quite aggressive. I wonder if we could get something similar to that with Kuva?

2 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

Actually if you go deep into the lore of Starcraft, Warp blades are made by the Dark Templar channeling the energies of the Void and enhancing that energy with their wrist blades so that it would be stabilized and amplified. 
They don't have to have the device but it makes it easier to keep it since it helps them maintain the blade without having to constantly concentrate and requires less void energies.

The more I think of it, the more similar they are. All of the Dark templar's weaponry are based on Void energy and the khadarin crystals that amplify/store/stabilize it. It would be awesome to see the operators use that technology as well.

Also in SC2 there's another tribe of protoss call the Tal'darim. They are fanatics and use drugs to enhance their psionic capabilities which in turn gives them more power to channel through the void. Its also addictive as hell and makes them quite aggressive. I wonder if we could get something similar to that with Kuva?

As of I said before. I think that the warp is some sort of a coating to separate the reality and the eraser called the void which begs the "question" what is the warp made of? Probably the primal elements/power that crafted the universes (multiverse theory) and the mix of the nothingness of the void. We might as well think that the Dark Templar's weaponry only removed the said property of the warp to turn it into a void powered weapon. But let's be honest here, these black templars can only harness what they can only control... meanwhile the tenno.... 

A VOID BLAST FOR YOU

A VOID BLAST FOR YOU

AND A VOID BLAST FOR EVERYBODY!

On 2019-06-13 at 11:53 PM, DrivaMain said:

I don't agree with tying them to ability buttons, and I particularly don't agree with giving them Warframe mobility (in particular, bullet jump). That just makes them Warframes but... not. No point in using them then. Plus, having those core abilities as the Operator's standard movement gets across that these are 'natural' abilities better - as opposed to the more spell-like and rigid Warframe powers that they're using like tools.

I think that work can and should be done on applying the same amount of freeform motion that would make those powers as freeform and natural as Warframe movement, in order to suit that. One simple change could be causing the momentum gained from void dash to be maintained if you release void mode, which is how it works in cutscenes. Another is letting you use transference as a 'call back' to your frame, instead of calling the frame to you, by holding the transference command instead of tapping it - again, how they use it in cutscenes.

I think I've got a pretty decent idea rolling around in my head, so I might make that its own thread.

• Satisfied 1

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I don't agree with tying them to ability buttons, and I particularly don't agree with giving them Warframe mobility (in particular, bullet jump). That just makes them Warframes but... not. No point in using them then. Plus, having those core abilities as the Operator's standard movement gets across that these are 'natural' abilities better - as opposed to the more spell-like and rigid Warframe powers that they're using like tools.

I think that work can and should be done on applying the same amount of freeform motion that would make those powers as freeform and natural as Warframe movement, in order to suit that. One simple change could be causing the momentum gained from void dash to be maintained if you release void mode, which is how it works in cutscenes. Another is letting you use transference as a 'call back' to your frame, instead of calling the frame to you, by holding the transference command instead of tapping it - again, how they use it in cutscenes.

I think I've got a pretty decent idea rolling around in my head, so I might make that its own thread.

Yep, I like this one. But I still want a void sword for the operator. No longer we shall make our enemies stagger but kill them as well as we void dash into the fray, AND NO LONGER I SHALL HAVE THE PAIN OF ME ALERTING THE STUPID AI'S JUST TO ASSASSINATE ONE TO MOVE EM OUT OF THE WAY! But we'll have sloppy attacks, unlike the warframes because the amp might be a bit too heavy to swing.

17 hours ago, Dontuspowerus said:

Yep, I like this one. But I still want a void sword for the operator. No longer we shall make our enemies stagger but kill them as well as we void dash into the fray, AND NO LONGER I SHALL HAVE THE PAIN OF ME ALERTING THE STUPID AI'S JUST TO ASSASSINATE ONE TO MOVE EM OUT OF THE WAY! But we'll have sloppy attacks, unlike the warframes because the amp might be a bit too heavy to swing.

I just think that if we had the option to switch amps and have another melee amp we could just go with full set of stances and arcanes.
We could have Wrist blades, Lightsabers, Dual Wrist Blades, Dual bladed scythes, Light whips etc. etc.
We need to fix operators anyway so they do more then just be a tool for survival or be used for just specific boss patterns anyway.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR! (Void dashes into a barrage of Grineer bullets)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some kind of void energy swords/weapons hat would be cool. But then we need a new Protoss Berserker or Halo Elite cosplay outfit as well XD

• Applause 1