Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch Issue: “Login failed. Cannot connect to server.”

Zenaire

Question

So I'm a PC player, but I decided to buy a switch to play warframe and start off from scratch. I bought the switch and downloaded Warframe onto it. When I opened it after it finished loading, a prompt came up asking me to put in a username. I put in the username. However, the game said, “Login failed. Cannot connect to the server.” I don't know if that is due to the fact that the servers were banned or something else. If anyone knows anything about this please tell me here. I also sent a ticket to DE about this issue.

Edit 1: I found out that the Jovian Concord update was released June 11 or 12

Edit 2: Please Upvote this forum to bring more awareness of this issue

Edited by Weeaboo-Jones

19 minutes ago, Rhadley said:

Same issue here for me.

I read some old posts about people experiencing the same issues. They were saying that the issues were from the servers creating IP bans for switch consoles that weren't using a type of network connection. Something about “IPv6”? Whatever it is. I hope this issue gets resolved ASAP.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)BushfireBunyip said:

Same issue. Really frustrating

I have heard of warframe accidently releasing future builds of the game that are unplayable but other then that modifying IPv on the switch is beyond me 

Can play warframe on my Xbox and pc why not the switch 

Ahhh that's probably why. If you check out the page for warframe in the Nintendo e-shop, you won't see anything about the new Jupiter remaster and Ropalyst boss fight. The only images there are the normal Warframe ads and Fortuna stuff. It also says that the game takes up around 17GB of storage, but when i downloaded the actual game, it was around 21GB. Pretty misleading, but it is understandable considering that DE did release a new update.

1 hour ago, (XB1)BushfireBunyip said:

Yeah makes me wonder how many people are in the same situation as us tho 

Should be a whole lot right?

Yeah I don't know why any Switch players are complaining about this issue. Actually during the Switch livestream today, I was asking if they were having issues logging in. A lot of them said, “no”. Really strange...Part of the reason why the servers won't let us connect could be because of that server stress test yesterday, but the servers should be up and going by now. It's a bit odd. I'm guessing most Switch users don't know about the forums. I'm honestly okay waiting for the fix. The only thing I really care about is how new players will react to something like this. They could easily lose interest if they come across an issue like this the moment they finish downloading the game. I really do hope DE gets this issue fixed.

3 hours ago, Weeaboo-Jones said:

Ahhh that's probably why. If you check out the page for warframe in the Nintendo e-shop, you won't see anything about the new Jupiter remaster and Ropalyst boss fight. The only images there are the normal Warframe ads and Fortuna stuff. It also says that the game takes up around 17GB of storage, but when i downloaded the actual game, it was around 21GB. Pretty misleading, but it is understandable considering that DE did release a new update.

Switch hasn't got the update yet. PC always gets it first, then the consoles get them later, once lots of bugs and all are fixed, and they are approved by the different distributors.

22 minutes ago, FreakinKeno said:

I'm glad i'm not crazy. I downloaded Warframe on my new switch I got yesterday and have been trying to create a fresh account all day today. I just came across this thread before wondering why no one was mentioning anything. 

Oh yeah. Same thing happened to me yesterday, so you're not the only one having a hard time.

20 minutes ago, .Spawn said:

Switch hasn't got the update yet. PC always gets it first, then the consoles get them later, once lots of bugs and all are fixed, and they are approved by the different distributors.

Yeah when I first downloaded Warframe on the Switch, it included the supposed new update that includes Wisp and the Ropoalyst Boss Fight. I really do hope that they update it ASAP.

1 minute ago, (XB1)BushfireBunyip said:

On my login screen it says Warframe the Jovian Concord 2019.06.05.16.05

Is that the build that isn't up yet or what?

I looked on some news articles, and they said that Jovian Concord was released to all consoles about a day ago. Yes, there was an update. However, it doesn't show that in the Nintendo e-shop when you go to download warframe. I tried checking again if I could login, and I kept getting the same “login failed” prompt. Build is up, but I'm still unable to access the game. Let's hope that DE is trying to sort this issue out.

9 hours ago, Weeaboo-Jones said:

So I'm a PC player, but I decided to buy a switch to play warframe and start off from scratch. I bought the switch and downloaded Warframe onto it. When I opened it after it finished loading, a prompt came up asking me to put in a username. I put in the username. However, the game said, “Login failed. Cannot connect to the server.” I don't know if that is due to the fact that the servers were banned or something else. If anyone knows anything about this please tell me here. I also sent a ticket to DE about this issue.

Edit 1: I found out that the Jovian Concord update was released June 11 or 12

I decided to delete the game and reinstall it. I’ll keep you guys posted on whether it works or not.

I already tried that

My worry is that DE isn't aware of the issue haha

I sent a ticket but from experience it's a few days at least until I get a reply 

Who knows what's happening but it's gonna hurt because of all the new players who saw it at e3 And download it on switch to find they can't play it and will probably just uninstall straight away 

1 minute ago, (XB1)BushfireBunyip said:

I already tried that

My worry is that DE isn't aware of the issue haha

I sent a ticket but from experience it's a few days at least until I get a reply 

Who knows what's happening but it's gonna hurt because of all the new players who saw it at e3 And download it on switch to find they can't play it and will probably just uninstall straight away 

Exactly. Big disappointment for any new players. Warframe Switch community will be ruined if this bug/glitch/problem is a big one. And yeah I sent a ticket too, waiting for a reply.

I've never seen a patch prevent new players from creating accounts in a game, so I understand how this might have made it through. I bet you they'll check every patch after this one lol. Sucks that it happened right after getting big promo.

1 hour ago, FreakinKeno said:

I've never seen a patch prevent new players from creating accounts in a game, so I understand how this might have made it through. I bet you they'll check every patch after this one lol. Sucks that it happened right after getting big promo.

Oh yeah this really sucks for the new players. I just hope DE fixes the issue ASAP.

I have the same problem too... can't create account. Brand new switch, tried deleting game data, tried different internet providers...nothing. I think i updated to the new version right after full download 2 days ago.

10 minutes ago, battlecz said:

I have the same problem too... can't create account. Brand new switch, tried deleting game data, tried different internet providers...nothing. I think i updated to the new version right after full download 2 days ago.

Wrote a ticket too, hope they will resolve it soon

Ahh yes, I was looking in all the wrong places for a thread about this issue. I too am having the same issue as all of you and have also sent in a support desk ticket. 

I played this game about 5 years ago on steam and now owning a switch thought it would be fun to retry it.

God speed DE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mo_guts said:

Ahh yes, I was looking in all the wrong places for a thread about this issue. I too am having the same issue as all of you and have also sent in a support desk ticket. 

I played this game about 5 years ago on steam and now owning a switch thought it would be fun to retry it.

God speed DE.

3 hours ago, Somosobe54 said:

Same as your problem, i cant signin  Login failed. Cannot connect to server

Hope it will be repaired soon 😕 

Let's hope DE gets this issue fixed ASAP.