Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

Tenno,

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

As we work toward fixing this for all Platforms, we’re also aware of an unfortunate crash on Xbox One that requires us to submit to Cert, which we just did, meaning Xbox One can’t Hotfix the Plague Star fixes until Cert has passed. We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

With that being said, we’ll be launching Plague Star on all platforms once the Plague Star issues are solved and Xbox One has passed Cert. Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

Apologies for the delay. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms

But, why?

It's not like there's cross-play or even cross-progression, and are operations such as Hostile Mergers not important to run simultaneously on all Platforms? If not then why is Operation Plague Star more important when it comes to multi platform play?

thanks for the update megan 

Just now, Disrevoid said:

But, why?

It's not like there's cross-play or even cross-progression, and are operations such as Hostile Mergers not important to run simultaneously on all Platforms? If not then why is Operation Plague Star more important when it comes to multi platform play?

i think this is due to how they are trying to implement events on a new server , think glen spoke about it at one point 

Thanks for keeping us posted... but why?

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Holding up an event announced 2 months ago for an Xbox issue is quite annoying and the reason Warframe has always released updates to PC first...

Plague Star should run for a set time after a patch goes live. This would keep it fair for whenever it goes live on Xbox but without holding up PC/PS4/Nintendo Switch players.

Has Prime/Vault Access ever been held up due to console issues?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

I dont see the importance of that at all. Neither for nightwave nor for Plague Star.

Why is it so important to be synced now? 

November 2017 - PC and December 2017 console

April 2018 all platforms

September 2018 - pc, November 2018 console

It wasn't important for two of the plague star events, I don't see why it's important now... Thanks for the update though!

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

am PC player but tbh i want xbox fix more than i want plague star event ..i understand the frustrating and the anger they feel .. they waited long time for wisp, new mod and gas  city but they cant play ... i can wait for plague event but they cant wait to play the game 

Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms

Honestly, why? I can understand this being a priority if cross-play was already implemented, but why is it a priority now?

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I dont see the importance of that at all. Neither for nightwave nor for Plague Star.

In the last Devstream (or maybe the one before that) Steve said cross progression was on their radar. Maybe it has something to do all platforms being more in sync so that they can work on cross progression. 

Just now, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

In the last Devstream (or maybe the one before that) Steve said cross progression was on their radar. Maybe it has something to do all platforms being more in sync so that they can work on cross progression. 

I've only got accounts on Switch and PC, but I transferred account to Switch before Fortuna was released there. When the Fortuna update dropped on switch I had all of my PC Fortuna resources and progress added to my account instantly. It's very unlikely that this is an issue at all, provided they use a system similar to the account transfer system.

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Holding up an event announced 2 months ago for a console issue is quite annoying and the reason Warframe has always released updates to PC first...

Plague Star should run for a set time after a patch goes live. This would keep it fair for whenever it goes live on Xbox but without holding up PC/PS4/Nintendo Switch players.

Dont question de's decisions, they KnOw WhAt TheYrE dOiNg.

1 minute ago, Disrevoid said:

I've only got accounts on Switch and PC, but I transferred account to Switch before Fortuna was released there. When the Fortuna update dropped on switch I had all of my PC Fortuna resources and progress added to my account instantly. It's very unlikely that this is an issue at all, provided they use a system similar to the account transfer system.

You very well could be right. This was just my best guess as to why they are focused on syncing things up now. They have never seemed to be concerned with this in the past from my experience.  

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Holding up an event announced 2 months ago for a console issue is quite annoying and the reason Warframe has always released updates to PC first...

Good point, and also those problems didn't prevent the team to postpone the end of the event, am I right?

Can we stop with this trend of holding back PC because of console long certifications? First was nightwave, now events, whats next? You guys gonna have big updates like railjack ready to launch but gonna sit on it for a month so it can release on all platforms at the same time? If there is a fix ready for pc just release it, some people dont have the luxury to make time in their calendar to participate in the event to have it strip away at the last second. One of the reasons we chose to play on pc is because we dont have to deal with Sony/Microsoft Shenanigans, people that made the choice to play on console will just have to deal with it.

When Xbox is done release there and just change the event duration accordingly. This is an event that happens only once in a blue moon, adjusting the calendar there wont be the end of the world, and since cross-platform is non-existent, i dont see any reason why "It's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms".

Archived