Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Askary56 said:

I don't work by DE. I am software developper and i simply know by experience what i am talking to.

And I already proved that Steve directly said Cross play isn't coming anytime soon and with cross saves they still aren't sure how that would work out either. Likely resources only IMHO oxium, orokin cells, etc. Not Rivens, Not plat, not Primed mods. They would have to sync up Baro but that's impossible as consoles are 2 weeks behind PC Baro. So PC baro would at least have to repeat or just take a 2 week break for Primed mods to make sense. 

1 hour ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

share...pizza? what kind of commie S#&$ is this.

Easy there. There is a difference between sharing one slice to prove my point to someone and giving away all my pizza so everyone can have a slice to have it.

1 hour ago, beaker_redux said:

Let's focus on frustration on the root cause.  The root cause is a show-stopper bug that wasn't found until launch day. 

This is the one thing that annoys me to be honest.

By reading this thread one might get the impression that a short delay in a video game event is something worth getting upset over. Try to remember two things: one, that DE are humans and deserve basic respect. Two, that this isn't really that big of a deal. 

I'm not happy about this, I'm a Switch player and we've never had a Plague Star event before. It's just not worth getting upset and treating other humans like garbage. Grow up. 

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Eclectics said:

DE are humans and deserve basic respect.

No one has been disrespectful to them. People only pointed out that de is (almost) always late in deploying update and that they can't even commit themselves to a date that they announced two months ago. That also translate to a bad professionalism.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

"adults" posting in here upset over an event in a video game.

Some "adults" took days off from work to do an event (announced two months ago with a specific date) who appears once/twice max a year. They got all the rights to be upset.

1 minute ago, r0gue0 said:

Some "adults" took days off from work to do an event (announced two months ago with a specific date) who appears once/twice max a year. They got all the rights to be upset.

If people are scheduling days off just to play a grindy event in a video game, they really need to reevaluate their life choices.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno,

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

As we work toward fixing this for all Platforms, we’re also aware of an unfortunate crash on Xbox One that requires us to submit to Cert, which we just did, meaning Xbox One can’t Hotfix the Plague Star fixes until Cert has passed. We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

With that being said, we’ll be launching Plague Star on all platforms once the Plague Star issues are solved and Xbox One has passed Cert. Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

Apologies for the delay. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

If possible, could we have an update please? 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

If people are scheduling days off just to play a grindy event in a video game, they really need to reevaluate their life choices.

And who are you to judge them ?? If they are having a good time playing video games and simply playing video games makes them happy who the #*!% are you to judge them 

DE just release the event, it's kinda unfair to punish other platforms because one has a problems with the event. I dont mean it in any hateful way to anyone. If it was PC that had problems i would still say release it.

4 hours ago, AnonMarc said:

At this point i dont even know what the meaning of his original comment is, thought it was sarcastic salt at fist but now im starting to think he only cares about PC.

"I don't know why some many of the PC players here take console tenno for granted" Ive met a few fun individuals in the interwebs: they were heavy on console wars at some point the swapped to PC and forgot to grow up along the way, had ppl rip on them for not having a console and became an elitist, just like fire and many other things. Tho this is person to person and not just a PC thing. 

Extending the Xbox duration would be a nice compromise for not releasing on time. But still would like to know why they decided to sync events.

Well, he claims it was just for flaming, but who really knows.

Hoesntly, platform wars are....Pathetic. It doesn't matter which one you have fun on, you could use both PC and console and have just as much fun as the next guy. It's definitely as personality sort of thing.

Originally, it may have been in preparation for cross saving, however, I believe that theory was debunked(?) by Steve's comments, in relation to that subject.

It really could be, that PC is also having issues, and it might be due to their POE remaster.

4 minutes ago, fracos said:

DE just release the event, it's kinda unfair to punish other platforms because one has a problems with the event. I dont mean it in any hateful way to anyone. If it was PC that had problems i would still say release it.

PC have issues aswell. lKgbfk9.png

5 minutes ago, LuKhada said:

And who are you to judge them ?? If they are having a good time playing video games and simply playing video games makes them happy who the #*!% are you to judge them 

Oh? Just like how you were judging non-PC players by referring to them as "Console Peasants"?

19 hours ago, LuKhada said:

Well you know consoles are a peasantry to us. 

So being held down by a bunch of peasants after so much hype is really pain.

And not gonna lie, I indeed don't care what's happening on peasantry platforms, after all why would we ?

18 hours ago, LuKhada said:

I'd be okay with that because what does it changes that console peasants can play before pc ?? They just have to make the event longer for the platform which failed, this "it must be on the same platform at the same time" makes absolutly no sense 

Mr. Pot. Let me introduce you to Mr. Kettle. 

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Their life choices are not your business tho.

Archived