Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

12 minutes ago, arikirino said:

Understandable, but still, I really think that a change in the event duration or the date is necessary. I'm not too bothered by the delays of event launches and stuff like that, but for a part of the community who doesn't have the time to wait, it's best to just release the update for PC. Till Certs for Xbox has passed, then you know what to do. It's just like how iOS gets their application/game updates faster than Android. 

And also, I agree with this. ^

I see this as you wanting Xbox to live with this bug while we watch the other platforms play Plague Star, that is stupid reasoning to leave us out of the loop.

Folks it's easy to get riled up about things that we care about. DE has made something capable of disappointing which is a great and terrible thing for people who base their commitment to this game, financial or otherwise, on the expectation that the developers would continue to perform as they have in the past.

This isn't unreasonable, when you are provided a level of quality for so long, your expectations and your investment are aligned with that quality. But at the end of the day, if this were any other game we wouldn't be this outraged. Admittedly, this isn't any other game, and there's a good chance you invest more of your time and money into this game than others. But the entitlement in this thread is pretty childish and to be honest, kind of manipulative.

Yes, DE needs players to stay active and appreciate the game. But we also need DE if we want a game like Warframe with its level of community engagement to thrive; lest we leave and settle for a game that isn't as good and a company that doesn't give a S#&$ if they're a couple days late.

If you honestly think this is setting a MAJOR precedent and is going to snowball into DE being a completely apathetic exploitative piece of S#&$ then fine, your comments are warranted. But if like me, you think someone made a mistake and DE has every intention of continuing to deliver a great service, then grow up. Godspeed DE, I have a dual crit kripath riven waiting for me.

2gO3XUH.gif

This whole bit right here, while understandable is why I am against cross play or account sharing across platforms because updates will be pushed out for long periods of times for simple things just like this.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

I see this as you wanting Xbox to live with this bug while we watch the other platforms play Plague Star, that is stupid reasoning to leave us out of the loop.

So everyone else should be delayed till XBone's issues are solved despite there being no such thing as cross-play and thus no reason for the event to start at the same time for all platforms...talk about being entitled.

6 minutes ago, ___Grim___ said:

So everyone else should be delayed till XBone's issues are solved despite there being no such thing as cross-play and thus no reason for the event to start at the same time for all platforms...talk about being entitled.

PC is being the entitled ones here, and there is no guarantee Xbox could get a extension if the event went live. There would be a lot of angry Xbox players, myself included since I would have to juggle Plague Star and Nightwave Intermission.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Well I'm sorry that my comment made you think that way. And I'm not trying to spew hate on other platform players in any way.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

PC is being the entitled ones here, and there is no guarantee Xbox could get a extension if the event went live. There would be a lot of angry Xbox players, myself included since I would have to juggle Plague Star and Nightwave Intermission.

You mean there is no guarantee that the event could run at different times for each platform... you understand that has been the case every single time up till now ?

Calling PC players entitled for being angry that an event that has been announced a month ago gets delayed on the day of release because of an issue on another platform despite there being no cross-play of any kind between the two is pure delusion and projection.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

Apologies for the delay.

Fair. These things happen, you're handling it, and you're keeping us informed. That's quite good enough for me.

Thanks for the communication.

8 minutes ago, ___Grim___ said:

You mean there is no guarantee that the event could run at different times for each platform... you understand that has been the case every single time up till now ?

Calling PC players entitled for being angry that an event that has been announced a month ago gets delayed on the day of release because of an issue on another platform despite there being no cross-play of any kind between the two is pure delusion and projection.

Its purposely leaving a platform out of the loop and thinking it is ok to do, that is what I’m mad about. And PC people are spewing hate on Xbox players because apparently we are holding up Plague Star.

Just now, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Its purposely leaving a platform out of the loop and thinking it is ok to do, that is what I’m mad about.

Ohh really, did you start playing yesterday ?

Consoles and PC have always had different update and event times, mostly due to the console's slower and more restrictive update process. You chose that platform and you should live with its limitations . I would love to be able to use plat for Tennogen but you cant on PC - do you see me wanting that option removed from all consoles ? No, I have chosen PC and I
accept what you can or cant do there.

Why should everyone else have to suffer due to an issue not affecting them in any way as there is no cross-play  ? 

Ohh really, did you start playing yesterday ?

Consoles and PC have always had different update and event times, mostly due to the console's slower and more restrictive update process. You chose that platform and you should live with its limitations . I would love to be able to use plat for Tennogen but you cant on PC - do you see me wanting that option removed from all consoles ? No, I have chosen PC and I
accept what you can or cant do there.

Why should everyone else have to suffer due to an issue not affecting them in any way as there is no cross-play  ? 

Nice try, I’ve been playing since last July.

I chose Xbox first since I’m a Console gamer, and I don’t have a suitable laptop to play Warframe on. But its too late for me to spend money on PC since I refuse to fully commit to PC.

Plat is harder to get on Console unless you can get good at trading Prime sets or expensive Rivens.

I want Cross Progression to be a reality so I can hop between PC and Xbox whenever I want.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

So you already know how things stand.

I chose Xbox first since I’m a Console gamer, and I don’t have a suitable laptop to play Warframe on. But its too late for me to spend money on PC since I refuse to fully commit to PC.

So you have already made your choice of platform and know its limitations.

Plat is harder to get on Console unless you can get good at trading Prime sets or expensive Rivens.

That does nothing for the fact you can still use currency acquired through playing the game to buy Tennogen stuff.

I want Cross Progression to be a reality so I can hop between PC and Xbox whenever I want.

I do not want cross-play as it will just end up holding back PC as it is doing right now. Case in point - pretty much every multi-platform game,

However, what I want and what you want does not matter, what matters is the fact that there currently is no cross-play in any sense of the word, thus no sense in one platform holding everyone else as hostages.

57 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Then you should be used to being 'behind' pc users then...

It really does seem from your posts that you're the one being unreasonable and want everyone else to wait 'just because' .... it's almost like you're trying to defend 'xbox' because the delay is specifically on xbox builds. 

So you already know how things stand.

So you have already made your choice of platform and know its limitations.

That does nothing for the fact you can still use currency acquired through playing the game to buy Tennogen stuff.

I do not want cross-play as it will just end up holding back PC as it is doing right now. Case in point - pretty much every multi-platform game,

However, what I want and what you want does not matter, what matters is the fact that there currently is no cross-play in any sense of the word, thus no sense in one platform holding everyone else as hostages.

I never mentioned Cross play, only cross progression.

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Then you should be used to being 'behind' pc users then...

It really does seem from your posts that you're the one being unreasonable and want everyone else to wait 'just because' .... it's almost like you're trying to defend 'xbox' because the delay is specifically on xbox builds. 

Oh, how did you know! The (XB1) in my tag should be obvious by now. /s

I’m not allowed to speak up for my platform apparently, and Xbox players are at fault for this delay? What kind of reasoning is this!?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Oh, how did you know! The (XB1) in my tag should be obvious by now. /s

I’m not allowed to speak up for my platform apparently, and Xbox players are at fault for this delay? What kind of reasoning is this!?

Well you do seem overly 'energetic' in going against the pc users who think that xbox should be the ONLY platform being delayed... and I do love how you try to twist the post as though it's aimed at xbox players when I quite clearly put xbox build, as you can see from the bit you quoted.

As I said it seems that you're being rather unreasonable when you are basically saying that the other platforms, which have no issues according to the DE post, need to wait just to satisfy YOUR needs to be on equal terms with the entitled pc master race (by the way that's straight from YOUR posts...). 

Any normal person on console would be used to the 'delay' between pc and console, they would be fine with a few days delay to fix the bug which is ONLY on their platform because they know that they would get the same duration as pc, just starting and ending a little later... but nope, you just want to be 'special'

Archived