Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

Whining solves nothing as DE made a decision and it is they that decide when we get to play the event.

Am I annoyed ? Pretty much. is the xbox 1 at fault ? for me that is irrelevant and makes no difference. DE have simply decided not to release it until they decide that their decision that no one plays until everyone can play is the rule of the day for this event this time around.

So whilst we can yell at DE for their decision policies PC and XB1 players yelling at each other is nothing more than comedy. 

Well, thanks for the laughs whilst I drank my coffee but me I am going back to the fantasy world to go kill Grineer and maybe give Alad V some grief whilst DE sorts out its issues with Plague Star.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

I’m sick of PC people thinking they rule over all players, when they don’t.

You're right. It's DE and they can delay whatever they want. Everyone need to stop acting like 5 year olds. It is explained there is two issues.

1) Xbox fix is in cert and can't push second build till first one is out
2) Plague Star has issues they still haven't to figured out.

This is what leads to developers not wanting to explain the full situation because people only read parts of it.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Oh, how did you know! The (XB1) in my tag should be obvious by now. /s

I’m not allowed to speak up for my platform apparently, and Xbox players are at fault for this delay? What kind of reasoning is this!?

TL;DR;

1. Be angry at the lack of QA, not platform users.
  2. Coordinated releases hurt console users who cannot benefit from PC beta testers.
  3. Every good argument needs three points.  This one only has two.

You're definitely NOT the fault for this delay.  

Let's focus on frustration on the root cause.  The root cause is a show-stopper bug that wasn't found until launch day.  

While the past "our users will beta test it and we'll roll out numerous hotfixes as needed" may have sufficed for PC players, it's clearly breaking down with consoles requiring re-certification.

I personally have never minded the fast flying development mindset in the past.  I believe the rapid release of new content is bolstered by such cavalier development.  But this development model seems to be suffering under the rigors of console releases.

I share your frustration.  I've got vacation next week where I won't have access to my PC.  If I miss this once a year event because of some artificial delay due to platform synchronization, I'm going to be very disappointed.

While I can appreciate DE's desire to keep everything together, I think it's also a bad decision.  The PC platform will continue to beta test and improve things.  Can you imagine all the bugs the PC platform could be finding and reporting right now if we had Plaguestar?  That could only help the other platforms.  My fear is that we're going to wait for this coordinated release, and there's still going to numerous issues.  While the PC users will get instant relief, the console users may find themselves without the means to progress.

16 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

You're right. It's DE and they can delay whatever they want. Everyone need to stop acting like 5 year olds. It is explained there is two issues.

Exactly. It seems that too many people missed the very first sentence where it was explained that they discovered an issue where the event could not be completed. This has nothing to do with which platform the game or the event is played upon. It is simply broken and they have to fix it.

The XB1 issue as I read the original post makes a point of how certification should not be a big issue as the scope of what is required to prevent the crashing it caused is not so dramatic. DE might be playing that down but I don't think so. 

I imagine that the improvements made to the graphics and adding of thumpers etc to Cetus world has somehow messed up their Plague Star software and just did not become apparent till they were ready to release. So DE might need to slap themselves for the oversight but people using different platforms to play moaning at each other simply does not change anything.

I should prolly say that while DE has bad time management, a lot of games are only able to stick to preset dates because they use abusive crunch practises to force it through to the date and are still buggy af needin day 1 patches n S#&$

43 minutes ago, AtomicEllie said:

unrealistic goals are an industry problem, they're just more noticeable with DE because they don't make their employees work obscene hours to meet them

have you not seen the overtime crunch that was sacrifice update? 

il y a une heure, Zelmen a dit :

This is what leads to developers not wanting to explain the full situation because people only read parts of it.

Full agree with you Tenno 🙂

Most of people in this thread do not understand the decision DE make. On other threads, many are whining about a new fixes and they don't understand the basics of such hot fixes. STOP !!

Let DE decide what they want.

Try doing the same complains in an other game editor forum (if it exists).

DE have certainly a new "strategy"  that they WILL release Plague Star on ALL platforms AT THE SAME TIME. Final point.

Software release on consoles NEED TO HAVE certification, what PC releases DON'T NEED.

P.S.: i am a PC player

7 hours ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

PC is being the entitled ones here, and there is no guarantee Xbox could get a extension if the event went live. There would be a lot of angry Xbox players, myself included since I would have to juggle Plague Star and Nightwave Intermission.

that was the entire plan, nightwave intermission released and PS was coming out on the same day. 

2 minutes ago, Askary56 said:

Full agree with you Tenno 🙂

Most of people in this thread do not understand the decision DE make. On other threads, many are whining about a new fixes and they don't understand the basics of such hot fixes. STOP !!

Let DE decide what they want.

Try doing the same complains in an other game editor forum (if it exists).

DE have certainly a new "strategy"  that they WILL release Plague Star on ALL platforms AT THE SAME TIME. Final point.

Software release on consoles NEED TO HAVE certification, what PC releases DON'T NEED.

And I and other's can't see the point when there's no current plans for cross play let alone cross saves. There's no explanation on why DE wants to sync future events. Is it easier? Maybe. Is it already causing problems? Certainly, we're in the topic about that right now. 

il y a 2 minutes, Fire2box a dit :

And I and other's can't see the point when there's no current plans for cross play let alone cross saves.

You have no idea, because you don't work by DE. Certainly, DE don't want to publish any internal strategy in this forum and they are right.

Simply be patient, we will get Plague Star when it is certified for consoles, that's a fact.

9 minutes ago, Askary56 said:

You have no idea, because you don't work by DE. Certainly, DE don't want to publish any internal strategy in this forum and they are right.

Simply be patient, we will get Plague Star when it is certified for consoles, that's a fact.

Steve's publicly stated on Dev streams that while crossplay/cross saves is cool that there's no current plans/ETA on something like that coming. You don't need to work at DE to know their plans, they do communicate sometimes with the community. 

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-cross-play/

Also like Switch and the other consoles when you could port your save over. not everything carried over. With Switch they turned off rivens and of course plat as usual from copying over. All of this was for legitimate reasons though. Rivens have obscene prices sometimes and giving people cloned rivens would be a cluster you know what on a console that's starting with zero plat. Plat not transferring makes sense as Nintendo, MS, Sony get a portion of the money used to buy plat on consoles, it's why tennogen is bought with plat on consoles and not money like PC. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Get out of here with the PC Master Race bs, you’re no better than the rest of us.

Im not better than you or the rest but please buy a gaming PC in the future, thanks and have a nice day.

10 minutes ago, Askary56 said:

And we have the right to express our disappointment with that. Deal with it or gtfo.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Askary56:

But you work for DE? Or where did u get this "fact"? ^^

Archived