Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

20 minutes ago, LuKhada said:

And who are you to judge them ?? If they are having a good time playing video games and simply playing video games makes them happy who the #*!% are you to judge them 

Exactly.

I can understand the reason for the delay but, I am getting a bit tired of the constant delays on what seems like every bit of content that is being added into the game lately. I like how DE is attempting to be ambitious and really change the game with New War and Empyrean but it seems like their is too much stuff on their plate that they need to focus on and they missed another deadline on a hyped up piece of content that is much smaller in scale then Jovian Concord. I am not upset or mad at DE, I am just getting tired of rolling my eyes whenever I see content delays every time content is supposed to be added into the game.

I also really want my damn plague zaws so I can check them off of my "list of needlessly OP stuff I should own"

For all everyone complaining, there is also a PC problem. 

I'll say this last part again:

THERE

IS

ALSO

A

PC

PROBLEM!!! 

I would include that I do in fact play on both PC AND Xbox One, however, I know you'll overlook that. 🤷‍♂️

To all those working at DE to GIVE us a free to play game with free content: As a PC and Xbox One gamer, with actual programming and coding knowledge,  I'm embarrassed by all the tantrums and demands by some of the people in this thread. Please do your best to ignore them and their tantrums. Thank you all for the improvements since your initial release. While I did not like the game shortly after release,  it is now one of my favorites, up there with the Mass Effect Trilogy. Keep up the great work DE. 🙂

50 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Well, he claims it was just for flaming, but who really knows.

Hoesntly, platform wars are....Pathetic. It doesn't matter which one you have fun on, you could use both PC and console and have just as much fun as the next guy. It's definitely as personality sort of thing.

Originally, it may have been in preparation for cross saving, however, I believe that theory was debunked(?) by Steve's comments, in relation to that subject.

It really could be, that PC is also having issues, and it might be due to their POE remaster.

The POE remaster is most likely what created the issues. If PC and Xbox are holding back the event i wouldn't mind waiting a few days and let others enjoy it on the PS4 / Switch.

Starting early on the cross progression system would be cool. A simple "hey we are testing a new system so events from now on need to be in sync" would have been enough to lower the comment count in this thread. This is most likely not the reason tho it has peaked my interest and cant wait to find out :P.

12 minutes ago, Fraank said:

launching stuff parallel wasnt an issue before. Besides, i dont care about console pesants (at all).

Where is plaguestar? i need more zaw parts for my little sideproject.

Thats a hek load of zaws you got there good job !

23 hours ago, Kay1154 said:

-Snip-

The guy you quoted missed a big thing. There are issues with the PC release since the bounty cannot complete, so you cannot even do the event bounty if they releases it in this state. The other thing they are waiting for is a cert approval regarding a whole different XB1 related issue that has nothing to do with Plague Star at all. So when the bug is fixed for Plague Star they'll be ready to release it on all platforms along with the bug fix for the other issues that XB1 is suffering from.

edit: This is all also a safeguard for future cross-progression. If they'd keep Plague Star staggered across platforms those that play on more than one of them would be able to exploit Plague Star and cross-progression by doing the event several times over.

38 minutes ago, AnonMarc said:

The POE remaster is most likely what created the issues. If PC and Xbox are holding back the event i wouldn't mind waiting a few days and let others enjoy it on the PS4 / Switch.

Starting early on the cross progression system would be cool. A simple "hey we are testing a new system so events from now on need to be in sync" would have been enough to lower the comment count in this thread. This is most likely not the reason tho it has peaked my interest and cant wait to find out :P.

Yeah, I mean, what do they really lose? This event has been around before, and it'll be there for them, in a couple days.

Cross play would be nice, but if this is the kinda reaction waiting a little triggers, I don't know if it'd be a very good idea. The salt would probably die down, once they got used to waiting, like everyone else. But they should definitely put out a bit of a warning, in the future.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The guy you quoted missed a big thing. There are issues with the PC release since the bounty cannot complete, so you cannot even do the event bounty if they releases it in this state. The other thing they are waiting for is a cert approval regarding a whole different XB1 related issue that has nothing to do with Plague Star at all. So when the bug is fixed for Plague Star they'll be ready to release it on all platforms along with the bug fix for the other issues that XB1 is suffering from.

Maybe u can help me here. Where and how did i miss "something big"? My only reason for being here is to find out why DE needs to sync all platforms for this event. I don't mind if they release on other platforms.

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The guy you quoted missed a big thing.

What about the fact that they found out about such a game breaking bug on the release day. Come on man, you can't deny that they have been really disorganized speaking about this event. (The event was in fact announced 2 months ago, and they didn't bother checking for critical bugs not even one time before the release date). That's just shameful, you have to admit it.

4 minutes ago, AnonMarc said:

Maybe u can help me here. Where and how did i miss "something big"? My only reason for being here is to find out why DE needs to sync all platforms for this event. I don't mind if they release on other platforms.

Na not you, the guy he quoted when he tagged you.

1 minute ago, r0gue0 said:

What about the fact that they found out about such a game breaking bug on the release day. Come on man, you can't deny that they have been really disorganized speaking about this event. (The event was in fact announced 2 months ago, and they didn't bother checking for critical bugs not even one time before the release date). That's just shameful, you have to admit it.

No that is how programming can turn out. 

They've changed a bunch with PoE, so a bunch of changes had to happen with Plague Star. Bounties not working correctly can have been one of the things that shouldnt have been impacted but were, a simple oversight caught at the last minute. It was likely a bigger issues than they expected since they had plans on making it go live yesterday. It would be worse if they simply released it and it was unplayable since that would eat up peoples time by going out there and finding out it fails everytime. Better they hold it back until it works as it should.

I'm not interested in heading out there for 5 minutes only to get back to town with an uncomplete bounty or have a "bounty failed!" message pop up out of nowhere.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Yeah, I mean, what do they really lose? This event has been around before, and it'll be there for them, in a couple days.

Cross play would be nice, but if this is the kinda reaction waiting a little triggers, I don't know if it'd be a very good idea. The salt would probably die down, once they got used to waiting, like everyone else. But they should definitely put out a bit of a warning, in the future.

True nothing would be lost unless they added something but thats just guessing in the dark. Guess we will find out in a few days or a few months.

The cross progression they were hinting at was for login in to any platform and having access to a limited amount of white listed items / progress. Cross play would be quite the big task. When a release date is given for future/new events just let us know if they plan to do a sync and all will be fine.

The issue isn't waiting for the event to come out.

The issue is that we've been told that this would be a fairly firm deadline months in advance, and quite a few people have made plans so that they could participate in the event. DE failed to communicate any sort of issues on their end until the last possible minute, and that procrastination has earned them the well-deserved backlash they are receiving.

I get that they work hard and I get that they may have issues, but that is not an excuse for failing to communciate. Tell us what is going on so that we know, and we will understand.

1 minute ago, burem0n0 said:

they cant even start their own event at the promised time which was known to be the 12th for AT LEAST a month.

they literally had all that time to make sure it was working, and still they cant get it right and now its the 14th and still nothing.

gg. what clowns.

Remember time zones exist, DE uses Eastern Standard time(i think) so to them its the 13th still.

1 hour ago, r0gue0 said:

Exactly what i was getting at in my long af post. DE trippin.. fixing what isn't broken pushing cosmetics to sell more than pushing for actual things needed to be focused on it seems more than anything lately. 

On 2019-06-12 at 2:05 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno,

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

As we work toward fixing this for all Platforms, we’re also aware of an unfortunate crash on Xbox One that requires us to submit to Cert, which we just did, meaning Xbox One can’t Hotfix the Plague Star fixes until Cert has passed. We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

With that being said, we’ll be launching Plague Star on all platforms once the Plague Star issues are solved and Xbox One has passed Cert. Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

Apologies for the delay. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

Could we please have an update about the event? With the hostile mergers operation, we got frequent updates, it would be nice to know what's going on and I'm not complaining, just asking.

A whole lot of silliness going on in this thread, if anyone's made this point yet forgive me for repeating it. I stopped reading after a page or two because i lack the patience. I'm not white knighting for DE here, i just feel like some of you could use a reality check/updated reading comprehension lessons.

Plaguestar isn't delayed because of the Xbox issues, it's delayed because there are problems with the event that they have said make it impossible to complete. With all of the plains of eidolon changes since the last plaguestar you can't expect them to be able to just copy and paste the event in and send it out. There are things that need fixing, and sometimes the fix isn't immediately obvious. They have to diagnose the problem, replicate it, and work around it. They've probably been working on it for a while already. 

So can we have less self-entitled whining please? We'll get it when it's ready. Development can be hard work. 

Also chill with the whole PC vs Console thing. What you're playing on really doesn't matter much. Just enjoy the game. 

23 hours ago, 0Augustus0 said:

And if this was a bug affecting the PC build, you'd have a point. It isn't; you don't. 

Have they released Plague Star yet as a result of all the moaning on this thread? No? Perhaps I have a point afterall.

4 hours ago, -Liquified- said:

PC have issues aswell. lKgbfk9.png

3 minutes ago, Kay1154 said:

so why give dates? Why do not they just say the month like they do with everything else? ..... It also says that it is by crashes of XB1, and that's what made me angry, cause we don't have any relation with them, also ps4 or switch.

if we had cross-play i could understand, but is not like that.

Literacy is a good thing.

On 2019-06-12 at 10:05 PM, [DE]Megan said:

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

Literally the first sentence of the thread 

Archived