Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

This is frustrating. I took today, and yesterday off of work (which means getting someone to cover my shifts). So when I go back to work on Friday night, I will be working 12 hour shifts for 8 days straight. In short, because I made arrangements to play Plague Star, I will now miss all of Plague Star. I am on PC, so I fail to see why XBox's inferior EVERYTHING should be effecting my game play.

About time to move on to another game.

An delayed PC or PS4 event due to a missing Xbox One Cert is no promotion for cross progression or platform sync. I will not cheer for the next gen Warframe console releases if the result is more delay for other plattforms. How about releasing it for mobile and waiting two month for an Apple Cert ...

I’m actually quite disappointed and angry as a PC player. I, like many others, got together with friends and came home early anticipating and expecting to play the event. It’s one of the best things about MMO type games where you get together with friends to do an event that comes along rarely for good rewards. Developing a free game does not mean deadlines should not be honored. I realize that most of the time you have stayed away from giving us firm dates, but don’t you think it’s important and professional to stick to dates you’ve communicated to your community for months now?

Every other major free to play live service game has given us firm dates to work with and honored them 99% of the time including giving us an event calendar to easily follow what’s happening when. Why is Warframe in almost this constant state of flux when it comes to deadlines and dates as if the game is still in beta? I also don’t understand why you can’t honor your commitment on platforms that don’t have issues, and work on fixing issues and releasing the event on those platforms later. As much as this game could benefit from cross-save, it doesn’t currently have it.

So yeah, my friends and I are very disappointed with how every deadline (including past events that have literally aired multiple times) is “tentative.” Gas city was expected a week earlier and delayed, etc. Almost every time frame you have provided your community has been delayed and, frankly, I just don’t think it’s professional of a studio of your size to be incapable of providing dates, sticking to deadlines, and working in a way to ensure you meet the deadlines you have set forth. Not being able to plan anything when it comes to events/new content in Warframe is very frustrating. 

1 minute ago, ZeroEmpathy said:

I’m actually quite disappointed and angry as a PC player. I, like many others, got together with friends and came home early anticipating and expecting to play the event. It’s one of the best things about MMO type games where you get together with friends to do an event that comes along rarely for good rewards. Developing a free game does not mean deadlines should not be honored. I realize that most of the time you have stayed away from giving us firm dates, but don’t you think it’s important and professional to stick to dates you’ve communicated to your community for months now?

Every other major free to play live service game has given us firm dates to work with and honored them 99% of the time including giving us an event calendar to easily follow what’s happening when. Why is Warframe in almost this constant state of flux when it comes to deadlines and dates as if the game is still in beta? I also don’t understand why you can’t honor your commitment on platforms that don’t have issues, and work on fixing issues and releasing the event on those platforms later. As much as this game could benefit from cross-save, it doesn’t currently have it.

So yeah, my friends and I are very disappointed with how every deadline (including past events that have literally been aired multiple times) is “tentative.” Gas city was expected a week earlier and delayed, etc. Almost every time frame you have provided your community has been delayed and, frankly, I just don’t think it’s professional of a studio of your size to be incapable of providing dates, sticking to deadlines, and working in a way to ensure you meet the deadlines you have set forth. Not being able to plan anything when it comes to events/new content in Warframe is very frustrating. 

You said it perfectly. DE isn't being professional. Get it together.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms

But.. why. Consoles have always gotten everything a few weeks after PC, why does that suddenly have to change? Holding PC back for the sake of consoles is setting a very unpleasant precedent.

Having to delay plaguestar again just because Xbox can't pull himself together it's absurd and a total bs.
If the console has issues on his own mainly due to the cert phase, simply delay it and offer a compensation later on only to XBOX players by extending their plaguestar event by X days accordingly. Making all the others platforms player waiting further is not professional at all.

The main issue isn't so much that there is a delay, it is the lack of a satisfactory reason for a delay.

People would be more understanding if there was a reason as for why NOW it is suddenly important to have this recurring event be synced across platforms.

As others have said... why the hold up on pc...we don't need to go into cert, we're used to being the beta testers...

It's kind of funny how it's perfectly fine for PC to be the beta testers for major updates before consoles go into cert but now at the same time DE has decided that PC users now need to wait for sync on things like plague star and nightwave.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno,

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

As we work toward fixing this for all Platforms, we’re also aware of an unfortunate crash on Xbox One that requires us to submit to Cert, which we just did, meaning Xbox One can’t Hotfix the Plague Star fixes until Cert has passed. We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

With that being said, we’ll be launching Plague Star on all platforms once the Plague Star issues are solved and Xbox One has passed Cert. Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

Apologies for the delay. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

You have 5 different Emoji to represent positive feedback but not even 1 for dissatisfied / unhappy.

Aside from that ~ Nightwave is admittedly more enjoyable than the regular alerts, although many are split on the subject. I fall into the category that is quite annoyed because you reduced the number of events and made some of the more challenging ones a joke (60 minutes reduced to 30, Defense waves cut in half, etc) - but it is not... 'new' content. It's a nice twist to existing content and giving some players direction for their playtime - which is good.

You already irritated much of your audience delaying the latest Operation despite claiming a prior launch date ~ And now on the Plague Star date you've launched more rehash content that's easier instead of the thing players have been waiting on for weeks.

All of this still without having Raids ~ I've lost Clan members to games like Elder Scrolls Online because of the high-level content drought over the past few months. Please get your ---- together, DE 😕

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

One of the very few times PC has to wait (and not even a month like console usually gets), and all the entitled PCMR posts come out asking DE to just stick it to the console players.

Worth the wait lol

Honestly was gonna say the exact same lol

Archived