Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

i've got account son Switch & PC & PS4 im not bothered, given that even w/o the new server they want ed then and now on the new system, things like events/operations etc run on a new ohh i dont have the right word i maybe tech orientated but i dont do server work... umm... kinda a "Scheduled Sync'd global Task" it starts ticking instantly multiple instances (or a single instance w/ flags for each platform) and set to end at a designated time.(but w/ the new system maybe they cannot just set multiple of these "tasks" to run at different times for each platform)

now i understand some frustration others have, like say currently the Balor Formorian/Razorback Armada is unique between each platform, (meaning things can still run independently between each) but this is highly likely their first step towards cross-progression

there's a high chance New War *Could* be the first thing to be held back for simultaneous release given its going to be a HUGE jump in Lore likely for a long while. Rail Jack? Not likely. (i don't think Nightwave intermission/next real round of nightwave is because of consoles, we saw a simultaneous release despite mismatching game version on all platforms at its inital release.but its taking them time to make the next season while working on Railjack and bugfixing and working on getting Jovian Concord out to Consoles)

that's my two cents on the matter, but given i've been around since early open beta (late april 2013) i've grown numb to late updates/delayed updates so *shrug*

23 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Wow. You're the one saying I meant all of the PC players. Please enlighten me where I mentioned ALL PC players are children? To be honest, your reply proves my point further. If you're not part of the problem, then I'm obviously not talking to you. A community can have problem individuals without being ITSELF a problem. Not sorry you got offended at something someone on the internet said. Perhaps you are one of those who are whining that something unforseen came up at the last possible second and had to delay the release by a small window. Software development is not as cut and dry as many of you think it is. You patch ONE bug and LITERALLY hundreds more could crop up out of nowhere. That's not sarcasm or exaggeration, that is FACT.

 

dont let some of the bad apples make all us PC Players seem as nasty, i've encountered a fair deal of nasty ones, there will always be the bad apple in any community (i personally know a Founder who's got an attitude of " I am a founder i am God you should worship the ground i walk upon now Lick my feet Scrub" i blocked him and super glad he quit! or atleast died down in activity.) now asto about the complexity of Software Development, i'm aspiring to learn myself and i've been reading tutorials and basic's in C (urgh my head wants to go BOOM) but i belive i have heard them explain Warframe at one point in a dev stream simply as "Spaghetti Code" for how its like 1 bug down 200 more new ones to go.  (take a look back in the day how bad Trials Broke w/ every Mainline update )

Edited by CaelThunderwing
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread man, all I see is a bunch of negative and whining and crying. Just because people didn't get what they wanted, like relax you got people saying they stop doing there everyday life stuff for this event, people calling in from work cause they wanna play this event. Then blames DE for cause now they gotta "live a normal life and can't play video games" your lucky to have that luxury cause alot of people don't. Enough flaming and whining and crying, yes the event was delayed, yes they promise, but it's up to you wether you hold them to there promises. Things are always bound to happen that's life. Just be glad there keeping us updated.

 

  • Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also don't understand why this needs to be in sync with all platforms. An explanation would go a long way. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CaelThunderwing said:

dont let some of the bad apples make all us PC Players seem as nasty, i've encountered a fair deal of nasty ones, there will always be the bad apple in any community (i personally know a Founder who's got an attitude of " I am a founder i am God you should worship the ground i walk upon now Lick my feet Scrub" i blocked him and super glad he quit! or atleast died down in activity.) now asto about the complexity of Software Development, i'm aspiring to learn myself and i've been reading tutorials and basic's in C (urgh my head wants to go BOOM) but i belive i have heard them explain Warframe at one point in a dev stream simply as "Spaghetti Code" for how its like 1 bug down 200 more new ones to go.  (take a look back in the day how bad Trials Broke w/ every Mainline update )

I do understand that not everyone in a community is rotten, hence my reply. The only ones I ever see on these forums, however, are the entitled babies who need to grow up already and realize it's not all about them. Only rarely do I see mature adult PC players like yourself ever commenting on these threads. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and maybe I'm too understanding that sometimes you can't just unwrite spaghetti code without breaking the whole program, but well there we are. In all honesty, if it weren't for the friends and my fashion investments on PC, I'd completely abandon it in favor of the Switch port. Just getting tired of all the PC master race garbage that floats around in some of these people's heads. When will they realize we're not console gamers or PC gamers, we're just GAMERS?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nightwave Intermission has just came out. New Borderlands 2 free DLC. Arch-Tempered Nergigante still out for a week. And y'all want plague star too like, right now? How do you guys hold all this content. I'd honestly not mind it coming out next week. Though i can understand the bitterness after hearing the reason for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what DE is doing, which is trying to keep the console players happy, as I remember the tweets going out from Buried Debts and how some, shall we say louder then normal console players complained about not getting it either at the same time, or sooner then PC players. Which ok, I guess I get why a company would have to playcatte a small crying bunch.

However with this information, and with how the PC received the The Jovian Concord first, I cannot help but feel PC users have been moved to the position of closed beta testers., with the mindset "We are 99.9% there are bugs, let's have our PC player fan base do some free quality assurance".

Look, I am not bashing DE, nor any employee associated with it, Hell I think for a small to mid level company, I think Warframe is a great game, and I tip my hat off to those who work hard to keep it alive and well. However I am going to say how I feel on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Nightwave Intermission has just came out. New Borderlands 2 free DLC. Arch-Tempered Nergigante still out for a week. And y'all want plague star too like, right now? How do you guys hold all this content. I'd honestly not mind it coming out next week. Though i can understand the bitterness after hearing the reason for this.

Not everyone plays/has interest for the same games that you do ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnonMarc said:

Not everyone plays/has interest for the same games that you do ?

Nightwave Intermission is part of warframe though :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

I do understand that not everyone in a community is rotten, hence my reply. The only ones I ever see on these forums, however, are the entitled babies who need to grow up already and realize it's not all about them. Only rarely do I see mature adult PC players like yourself ever commenting on these threads. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and maybe I'm too understanding that sometimes you can't just unwrite spaghetti code without breaking the whole program, but well there we are. In all honesty, if it weren't for the friends and my fashion investments on PC, I'd completely abandon it in favor of the Switch port. Just getting tired of all the PC master race garbage that floats around in some of these people's heads. When will they realize we're not console gamers or PC gamers, we're just GAMERS?

i float around alot of Consoles, including many older consoles  (i even have my old NES still!) i've played on many systems over the years and quite a bit of PC games as i've de-potatoed where i could. i Never liked the "PC Master race" mentality having grown up in the boom of gaming's revival (i was born in '85 putting me right in the NES era), just makes no sense i enjoy just being a "Gamer" not a "PC Master race" i hate when i get called a "Console Scrub" i enjoy vintage PC's for many older PC titles that cannot run on modern systems, (hell i got a smiling rise from Steve Sinclair over twitter talking about Unreal tournament and remembering "Epic Pinball" was the last game the CEO of Digital Extremes made before Forming the company)

"a Delayed Update maybe Annoying but a Rushed update will be forever bad. "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Nightwave Intermission is part of warframe though :x

The other 2 aren't, you bundled it together like we should be tied up in content for a while  "And y'all want plague star too like, right now? How do you guys hold all this content.".  Hence my comment.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XB1)Jake6Two said:

been nearly 5 hours, any update so far on how its coming along?

 

its 10:08pm EDT they'd be out of the office, probably no earlier than tomorrow , wont happen on the weekend so no later than Friday if still on target for this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnonMarc said:

The other 2 aren't, you bundled it together like we should be tied up in content for a while  "And y'all want plague star too like, right now? How do you guys hold all this content.".  Hence my comment.  

Okay i'll admit. I was just being a bit silly. So take it with a grain of salt 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Okay i'll admit. I was just being a bit silly. So take it with a grain of salt 😛

all good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaelThunderwing said:

its 10:08pm EDT they'd be out of the office, probably no earlier than tomorrow , wont happen on the weekend so no later than Friday if still on target for this week

figured, ty anyways lol *crys*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

huh... still no status update or clarification by @[DE]Megan or at least someone.

A lot of holes there and a lack of someone trying to fill them in, and logging into the fourm to create a post shouldn't be too difficult.

 

To reiterate:

The delay isn't the issue here.

It is the reasoning that was given does not actually "fit" as why is it NOW that sync for this recurring event is suddenly an issue.

Edited by Sean
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people like this lol. same person who post WTSSSSSSSS WOLLFFF SLLLEDDDDGEEE 1kkkpppp PMOOOOOOOO on trade chat lmfao.

2 minutes ago, Kay1154 said:

who cares xbox? pc it's what only matters

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kay1154 said:

who cares xbox? pc it's what only matters

I guess the other 2 platforms don't exist to you then 👏

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sean said:

huh... still no status update or clarification by @[DE]Megan or at least someone.

A lot of holes there and a lack of someone trying to fill them in, and logging into the fourm to create a post shouldn't be too difficult.

 

To reiterate:

The delay isn't the issue here.

It is the reasoning that was given does not actually "fit" as why is it NOW that sync for this recurring event is suddenly an issue.

in my honest opinion, the waiting isnt a big deal at all. ALTHOUGH, im getting irritated that ontop of waiting patiently, they cant even take 5 mins to say how its going. i understand theyre trying to get it all worked out ASAP, and working hard at that, but still, just a lil update would help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnonMarc said:

I guess the other 2 platforms don't exist to you then 👏

They definitely matter but why after all this time of pc getting this faster should we have to wait for them now, its pve and not cross platformed and if it becomes cross platform what will happen to the markets theyve gotta do a huge overhaul of everything for that to transition even the least bit smooth, it seems they are trying to make it 'fair' throughout all platforms that we get events at the same times even though nothing is cross platformed, DE making every mistake, one step at a time for years now

  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, illdemoteu said:

They definitely matter but why after all this time of pc getting this faster should we have to wait for them now, its pve and not cross platformed and if it becomes cross platform what will happen to the markets theyve gotta do a huge overhaul of everything for that to transition even the least bit smooth, it seems they are trying to make it 'fair' throughout all platforms that we get events at the same times even though nothing is cross platformed, DE making every mistake, one step at a time for years now

I think u missed the point of my reply to Kay1154.  I'm on the same page as u and many others here wondering why all platforms now have to be in sync with each other .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Caramello said:

Can we stop with this trend of holding back PC because of console long certifications? First was nightwave, now events, whats next? We gonna have to wait for console certs for big updates like railjack? If there is a fix ready for pc just release it, some people dont have the luxury to make time in their calendar to participate in the event to have it strip away at the last second. One of the reasons we chose to play on pc is because we dont have to deal with Sony/Microsoft Shenanigans, people that made the choice to play on console will just have to deal with it.


When Xbox is done release there and just change the event duration accordingly. This is an event that happens only once in a blue moon, adjusting the calendar there wont be the end of the world, and since cross-platform is non-existent, i dont see any reason why "It's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms".

Delaying the event for a while is not the end of the world either, and it's not like it's only gonna run for the one day you set apart to do it, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

Why is it so important to be synced now? 

November 2017 - PC and December 2017 console

April 2018 all platforms

September 2018 - pc, November 2018 console

It wasn't important for two of the plague star events, I don't see why it's important now... Thanks for the update though!

good point

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...