Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access vs. Upgrade

ZargonKing

Question

Hey there Tenno, just a quick question, is it worth it to spend on the current prime access or save up and upgrade the current hardware I have?

Currently I'm deciding between grinding for the new primes vs. buying them vs. saving up to upgrade my current potato prime

The logic I have is if I buy it, I'll have plat and primes are obtained instantly, cons include being stuck with a 1-3fps microwave with zero multiplayer due to hardware unable to handle it.

Pros of saving up for a better laptop instead would mean I can finally awaken from the cryopod of lag while cons just include no prime accessories since the relics can be grinded for.

What would be the better decision?

20 answers to this question

Wait and upgrade. 

You will better enjoy this or any other game you chose to play and you will eventually end up with those Primes anyway I would imagine. The only thing you potentially miss out on is the accessories. I understand this last bit is pure opinion but, said accessories really only look good on Equinox and are not worth it imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZargonKing said:

I'll upgrade the hardware in that case, but then the next question is, what would be an affordable laptop to save up for? I currently have eyes on the Acer Nitro 5, is it good or are there any better options?

Are you dead set on have a laptop? PC's are much more affordable, especially if you can build it yourself. Even more they are easily up gradable down the road. 

Edited by (XB1)Thang Hung
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Are you dead set on have a laptop? PC's are much more affordable, especially if you can build it yourself. Even more they are easily up gradable down the road. 

True PCs are way better but as of now a laptop would be a better option for me as a Uni student since I use it both for leisure and studies

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ka-Jin said:

Your hardware benifits you, but prime access is what keeps this game mostly free to play.

Yup, occasionally I just spend on plat or certain unvaultings to support DE, however without proper hardware, I don't see me being able to enjoy the game or the purchases in the long run

hace 1 hora, ZargonKing dijo:

I currently have eyes on the Acer Nitro 5, is it good or are there any better options?

I don't know about other options, but the Nitro 5 runs Warframe without issues with default settings. I've used it to host Profittaker runs and Tridolons just fine. That is with an Ethernet cable though.

14 minutes ago, Dankeerd said:

I don't know about other options, but the Nitro 5 runs Warframe without issues with default settings. I've used it to host Profittaker runs and Tridolons just fine. That is with an Ethernet cable though.

I see, what is the framerate like with and without ethernet?

hace 4 minutos, ZargonKing dijo:

I see, what is the framerate like with and without ethernet?

I could actually check it later if you don't mind waiting a couple of hours (I never pay attention to fps to be honest) but there's never a hitch in either case, someone else plays in the same room in a desktop PC and the difference was noticeable there when the Nitro was the host, lag spikes weren't common (once every 5 missions) but via Ethernet they're inexistent.

As a client it never had issues, even back when Staticor shots hadn't been optimized after update 22 or so, it only affected the other clients when the host spammed charged shot with Mirage's clones.

1 minute ago, Dankeerd said:

I could actually check it later if you don't mind waiting a couple of hours (I never pay attention to fps to be honest) but there's never a hitch in either case, someone else plays in the same room in a desktop PC and the difference was noticeable there when the Nitro was the host, lag spikes weren't common (once every 5 missions) but via Ethernet they're inexistent.

As a client it never had issues, even back when Staticor shots hadn't been optimized after update 22 or so, it only affected the other clients when the host spammed charged shot with Mirage's clones.

I wouldn't mind the wait 😁. That's actually interesting, if there were plans to upgrade the laptop for graphic cards, would it be possible?

2 hours ago, ZargonKing said:

Yup, occasionally I just spend on plat or certain unvaultings to support DE, however without proper hardware, I don't see me being able to enjoy the game or the purchases in the long run

Your hardware can't be too bad compared to mine.

1 minute ago, Ka-Jin said:

Your hardware can't be too bad compared to mine.

It has a good processor but the graphics card limits it to a max average of 20fps, on Fortuna and POE, it goes about 10fps on max performance. Can't really perform anything intense with it

8 hours ago, ZargonKing said:

It has a good processor but the graphics card limits it to a max average of 20fps, on Fortuna and POE, it goes about 10fps on max performance. Can't really perform anything intense with it

I hit 9 on lowest settings 

hace 13 horas, ZargonKing dijo:

I wouldn't mind the wait 😁. That's actually interesting, if there were plans to upgrade the laptop for graphic cards, would it be possible?

Possible? Yeah, but it would involve replacing the whole motherboard for one that kinda fits. I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyway, unfortunately I didn't have time for a comprehensive test yesterday, what I did was login (60 fps at the login screen), chage to a Loadout with Mirage and a Staticor with as much multishot as I could get (fps drop to 20 in the Arsenal for some reason) jump straight to the Orb Valley, the fps dropped from about 60 to about 30 in the loading screen, jumped back to 45 after loading. I bullet jumped a couple of times and then summoned the clones and shot the Staticor (fps dropped to 15 and it was noticeable... for the first shot, any shots after that didn't bring it below the average of 45 fps). This was in windowed mode with an Ethernet cable and Friends only with noone else logged in.

I did ask the person who actually uses it the most and apparently the overall average is 45fps.

10 hours ago, Dankeerd said:

Possible? Yeah, but it would involve replacing the whole motherboard for one that kinda fits. I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyway, unfortunately I didn't have time for a comprehensive test yesterday, what I did was login (60 fps at the login screen), chage to a Loadout with Mirage and a Staticor with as much multishot as I could get (fps drop to 20 in the Arsenal for some reason) jump straight to the Orb Valley, the fps dropped from about 60 to about 30 in the loading screen, jumped back to 45 after loading. I bullet jumped a couple of times and then summoned the clones and shot the Staticor (fps dropped to 15 and it was noticeable... for the first shot, any shots after that didn't bring it below the average of 45 fps). This was in windowed mode with an Ethernet cable and Friends only with noone else logged in.

I did ask the person who actually uses it the most and apparently the overall average is 45fps.

Wow that's actually pretty helpful, thank you for taking the time to do this 😁