Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burnt out from Nightwave - Intermission!

DreisterDino

I'm not one to be upset for people getting the opportunity to get something from a time before but I'm a bit baffled by how they released the rift sigil this way. I remember having to do some super hard mission ( it was hard for me at the time as I was a newb back then ) to get mine so just to see it handed out as a nightwave is kind of like.. "ok..." if it was handed out for another challenge I wouldn't care. It's just.. weird. 

Well seeing so many serious replies, guess I have to give OP at least 6/10 even though it was pretty obvious.

Haven’t seen the intermission challenges yet.  Will probably bang them all out tomorrow after work (Unless there is a time gated one like the X sorties).

On 2019-06-12 at 2:54 PM, DreisterDino said:

I might have got carried away a little to the end of the first half,

but my level of seriousness went up to at least 2.7 when i talked about the rewards...i mean, how can DESATURATION count as a proper reward for anything? 🤔

I would have been totally fine with an oversaturated colour palette though, that would be a great reward i must admit...

Edit: Anyway, i am going to bed now, i wish you all a good Night(wave)....omg 🙄

Good laugh though! Well done!

I'm quite sure people immediately went off on the "burnt out" bandwagon as soon as they started to read your post and then decided to Trumpify it with a tl;dr. Lol!!

11 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I stopped playing WF the moment I realised just how much it sucked compared to the quick alert system.

Here let me say it with simple words...

You don't have to do every single challenge.

Do a few easy ones, get what you need from the offerings and stop caring about NW.

Also the clanmate requirements were removed, go check the patch notes.

Edited by (PS4)Admiral_Aetius

Pro tip: Just don't do it

Also, if you think Gamma pallete is a downgrade of Classic, I can probably guess your fashion frame isn't on point. A lot of the colors there can't be found in any other color pallets.

Also also, Eidolon Ephemera, its the only farmable Ephemera apart from the Bood one that isn't blocked by rng reward table. If you think it isn't worth it, then don't do it. I did at least 50 runs of ESO rotation C, and the Blazing step Ephemera hasn't even dropped.

Is this post parody? All this time on the forum is blurring my ability to tell.

I'm not super enthusiastic about Nightwave or anything but I managed to do both the fishing and the rare gems segment in less than 20 minutes. You just need to wait for the warm streak and bait the water in the big central water area. Longwinder fish count as rares. The gems are really only as hard as remember the locations of the larger sized caves. 

10 Relics is also pathetically simple, as it doesn't specify a type of relic. Just run Lith Exterminations whenever it is available. 

The only challenge on the list that would arguably even require you to do anything special is "Complete a level 30 exterminate without being detected" and that isn't exactly hard either. It's even doable by accident.

I get that OP made a joke.. and a not too bad one at that.

However, the not so funny part is that I already did all of this weeks chores and the bad feeling of nightwaving being a "job" instead just having fun playing a game is starting to come back already, too..

This whole nightwave format is really not working. At least for me that is..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JawNuts said:

Also, if you think Gamma pallete is a downgrade of Classic, I can probably guess your fashion frame isn't on point. A lot of the colors there can't be found in any other color pallets.

Also also, Eidolon Ephemera, its the only farmable Ephemera apart from the Bood one that isn't blocked by rng reward table. If you think it isn't worth it, then don't do it. I did at least 50 runs of ESO rotation C, and the Blazing step Ephemera hasn't even dropped.

And we have another "Wooosshhhh".

We should start to keep count.

15 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

you got wooooooshed my dude. 

Really? I couldn't tell. Majority of this forum has posts like this.

If you're going to be sarcastic like on reddit. Using the /s really helps.

On 2019-06-12 at 5:29 PM, DreisterDino said:

And do you seriously expect me to spend 20 platin for a good looking glyph i can deploy just so people dont laugh about the standard glyphs i own!?!

Come on, crack 10 relics? 10??? how am i supposed to farm all of those in 1 week AND open them? thats ridiculous - i have a life besides Warframe -_-

The other ones I can see your point. Wasting 3 precious Forma just to gain nightwave rep is a good example unless I already plan on forma’ing some things that week but these I don’t understand. You don’t even have 10 relics prior to this? Like I figured ppl have over 100 relics that they barely crack open just sitting in their inventory collecting dust. 

Then the glyph challenge. That has to be a joke right? Like there is no way your 100% serious about that complaint. 

9 hours ago, DoTengri said:

However, the not so funny part is that I already did all of this weeks chores and the bad feeling of nightwaving being a "job" instead just having fun playing a game is starting to come back already, too..

So... You pushed to do all of the NW content at once. Now you're complaining that 1) you've managed to do everything and 2) you are upset because you think that it wasn't fun and it's a "job"? 

9 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You're not alone.. I logged off instantly as soon as I did the chores.. guess de doesn't want us to play their game. 

And you have the same issues? 

Sorry, but you two aren't making a very good case for yourselves. 

NW got me to play Excalibur for the first time since the Protoskin came out (the first time) and I've completed all but 2 challenges (saving them for clanmates) over the last two days.

If you don't have the free to time do NW at your own pace, I can understand not liking it but, if you do have the free time and push yourself anyway, I don't really have any sympathy.

11 hours ago, JawNuts said:

Know those feels. Took me 88 days of farming all Ephemera drop places to even get everything. Literally that and nothing else. Log in, ESO, Arbi, Exploiter Orb, Stalker farms. Daily. It was hell. 

Warframe0223.jpg

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Cubic Clem:

No thanks, they seem so gimmicky.. I'd rather take the current ones then. I especially don't want to see more open world challenges. Ugh. Also, they sound more like achievements you do once and never do them again, and knowing NWs cycle, they won't change that they'll get tedious when they always come back.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Cubic Clem:

You're not alone.. I logged off instantly as soon as I did the chores.. guess de doesn't want us to play their game.

Ok, now i am confused - have you become the troll now? 😄

I mean, you call the current tasks "chores" and say that you "instantly log off" after you are finally done with it but at the same time you say that you prefer them over something else?

I only made four examples and there might be better ones -but there are many possibilities which, to quote myself are "hopefully fun to do and leave room for experiments"

Yes, if you only add like 10 of those it gets repetitive, but you can make 100's of tasks like that - they just have to get creative.

Again, i explicitly said they shouldn't replace all "grindy" tasks with tasks like that - a good mix of both would make this a lot more entertaining imo.

You can call my examples "gimmicky", but at least for once, Nora's total cring line

"Ladies. And. Gentlemen. Listeners of all ages. I present to you. Walking amongst us. The once. And future. Bad. Ass."

maybe would fit at least a little bit because we actually did something that makes it worth calling us a Badass....(its still cringy though) 😅

Do you really prefer "guild a modular weapon" for example over this task i mentioned?

Zitat

Death from Above:

Perform a Kill with a Ground-slam-attack from a height of at least 50m/100m/150m

My task at least makes us do something that fits the space-ninja aspect of the game and leaves up many different ways to do it, we can get creative to solve this task...maybe i try Zephyr to get up high - or i Void Dash into the sky before smashing down - or i get into the Archwing to spot my target - maybe i try it in the very tall elevator rooms of the Uranus-Tileset - who knows what else is possible, this is just what came to my mind in a few seconds thinking about it.

And the feeling after killing an enemy after succesfully aiming at him and dropping down for 150m is probably really satisfying.

Thats what i am aiming for with my examples - tasks that instead of making you think "finally i am done with this *** and can log out again to do something fun"

make you think "whoa, that was cool, i am curious what tasks will come next week, cant wait to do them!".

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2

On 2019-06-12 at 11:29 PM, DreisterDino said:

Seriously, i was playing for half an hour already and i feel so pressured to do it all, i cant take it anymore.

The rare gems are soo god damn rare and fishes spawn inside of rocks - i tried drilling myself to them with Ripkas+Riven+Amalgan Mod but it didnt work!

I dont even wanna start with all those bugs - i wasted 3 formas on weapons in the simularum just to notice it doesnt work...fix it!

And do you seriously expect me to spend 20 platin for a good looking glyph i can deploy just so people dont laugh about the standard glyphs i own!?!

Come on, crack 10 relics? 10??? how am i supposed to farm all of those in 1 week AND open them? thats ridiculous - i have a life besides Warframe -_-

Using an Emote should be an Elite Weekly, its pretty difficult to: hold q - press the right mouse button at the same time - select the emote that fits the situation - release the buttons...

Just to find out that the colourpalette is just a downgrade of the Classic Colour Palette.

And the so called Rift Sigil is a straight up ripoff from the Scars of Arbitrations Sigil...

If you feel burnt out just like me, use this topic and tell us what bothers you, General Discussion always has an Open Ear for you!

I smell sarcasm in there.

On 2019-06-13 at 8:24 PM, Shadow-Spawn said:

Nightwave is all about DE forcing its gaming community to play stuff they don't want to play because of reasons.

Do you hate mining or conservation missions well too bad now you have to do them again and again to get the same rewards minus key resources.

Are you a PvE or PvP or a roleplayer or do you play alone - well too bad now you have to do everything with your clan members.

Are you a newbie well too bad because now you will have to do sorties and a ton of other missions locked off to you on your galaxy map.

I stopped playing WF the moment I realised just how much it sucked compared to the quick alert system.

Do you remember the quick alert system - pepperidge farm remembers.

They removed the clanmates/friends requirement. Just to let you know.

Also, due to Nightwave, Nitain Extract is much better to get; 15 creds for just 5 of them, and 75 creds for a built potato, as well as the pieces of Vauban as well.

If you remember the quick alert system, then you might have noticed the fact that Vauban barely showed up, and people who had missed that, had to wait days or weeks for another chance, and new players couldn't access alerts that were locked on other planets.

(Also, just for your interest... Mining and conservation can help, since they give respectively materials for stuff that a player might need and standing for Cetus/Fortuna.)

imo NW is bad, now warframe is the same like other super grindy F2P games out there, only the difference is the rewards in warframe is less interesting and not even exclusive.
If warframe going to that direction, why dont i just grind an event limited items from other game since it is known, nothing you grind in warframe is exclusive or really limited because we know it will come back for everyone later. If warframe wanna play battlepass better not half ass it, people will just go play other grindy game with better reward instead.
They could come up with an improved alert since its unique to warframe instead of copying a battlepass mechanic like every other F2P out there.