Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DreisterDino

Burnt out from Nightwave - Intermission!

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The same company that released the "less grindy fortuna" which was grind on top of grind on top of grind, worse than PoE.. lmao get outta here believing those lies 😂 

I think there was an official thread about the NW S2 changes and if that thread holds true then it is supposed to be less grindy. 

Although that alone wouldn't be enough to make it playable obviously. Earlier levels should be rewarding as well.

Knowing DE, my hopes aren't high but I expect it to be better than the first one. But then, unless they make a complete overhaul, there is no way to turn Nightwave into something decent. Especially as a vet who has 0 interest in running regular missions that have absolutely nothing to offer over and over again.

Nightwave is all about DE forcing its gaming community to play stuff they don't want to play because of reasons.

Do you hate mining or conservation missions well too bad now you have to do them again and again to get the same rewards minus key resources.

Are you a PvE or PvP or a roleplayer or do you play alone - well too bad now you have to do everything with your clan members.

Are you a newbie well too bad because now you will have to do sorties and a ton of other missions locked off to you on your galaxy map.

I stopped playing WF the moment I realised just how much it sucked compared to the quick alert system.

Do you remember the quick alert system - pepperidge farm remembers.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb White_Matter:

I think there was an official thread about the NW S2 changes and if that thread holds true then it is supposed to be less grindy. 

Although that alone wouldn't be enough to make it playable obviously. Earlier levels should be rewarding as well.

Knowing DE, my hopes aren't high but I expect it to be better than the first one. But then, unless they make a complete overhaul, there is no way to turn Nightwave into something decent. Especially as a vet who has 0 interest in running regular missions that have absolutely nothing to offer over and over again.

Regarding Season 2, i just hope they take some of the feedback they asked for and got in the Dev-Workshop.

Lots of people made great suggestions for tasks that can be actually fun and interesting, and if thats the case i guess many players wouldnt even complain about how much they have to do if the tasks itself are actually worth doing both for fun and the rewards. I was honestly surprised to see this "use a Forma 3x" task again after that was one of the most mentioned "plz remove this" tasks in their feedback topic (and others like "guild a modular weapon").

The Riventask they added this time (extermination without getting noticed) is a step in the right direction, and i hope they add more like this and remove more of the tedious tasks. There is so much fun to be had, so make funny tasks instead of annoying tedious ones no one really wants to do....

these are some examples i suggested: short tasks, hopefully fun to do, room for experiments...

Edit: just for clarification, not all tasks should be like this, some of the "grindy" tasks like opening relics, killing enemies etc are ok and are things you would do anyway, but many others are simply uninspired, boring and annoying, and thats why people complain i guess.

Geyser Glide:

Kill one/two/three enemies while aimgliding after getting lifted into the air by the Geyser on the Plains of Eidolon

Death from Above:

Perform a Kill with a Ground-slam-attack from a height of at least 50m/100m/150m

FreeFall:

Kill one enemy with any Warframe-ability while in the air after leaving your Archwing/K-Drive before hitting the ground 

Crash Through:

Ragdoll an enemy into the ocean/into a lake (from at least x meters away)

On 2019-06-12 at 10:29 PM, DreisterDino said:

Seriously, i was playing for half an hour already and i feel so pressured to do it all, i cant take it anymore.

The rare gems are soo god damn rare and fishes spawn inside of rocks - i tried drilling myself to them with Ripkas+Riven+Amalgan Mod but it didnt work!

I dont even wanna start with all those bugs - i wasted 3 formas on weapons in the simularum just to notice it doesnt work...fix it!

And do you seriously expect me to spend 20 platin for a good looking glyph i can deploy just so people dont laugh about the standard glyphs i own!?!

Come on, crack 10 relics? 10??? how am i supposed to farm all of those in 1 week AND open them? thats ridiculous - i have a life besides Warframe -_-

Using an Emote should be an Elite Weekly, its pretty difficult to: hold q - press the right mouse button at the same time - select the emote that fits the situation - release the buttons...

Just to find out that the colourpalette is just a downgrade of the Classic Colour Palette.

And the so called Rift Sigil is a straight up ripoff from the Scars of Arbitrations Sigil...

1. Go to the top left area, near the small pool of water and mine Hesperon. They are commonly found there. Else where they are hard to obtain.

2. I guess, you don't bother to read this:

c14da0b32c1f445827071ef18bc1415e.png

3. Any glyphs work. There is plenty of free codes available for this. My personal favourite is Flare_eyes as you can see from my profile picture.

4. 10 relics, you can do that in 30mins via capture fissures. I did the 500 kills in 5 exterminate fissure missions with Ember.

5. Don't care about this.

6. Rift Sigil came before Arbitrations. Get your facts correct, you silly giraffe.

again 3 forma thing...... why not forma something? or use 10 forma? it is like " yoooo my veteran buddy, how are your forma wallet? gonna dildo it for 3 times, becaouse someone told me to". what is next use 3 exilus adapter, or use 3 catalyst and than we gonna reward you with 3 orokin cells.... so is this troll wave?

I'm not one to be upset for people getting the opportunity to get something from a time before but I'm a bit baffled by how they released the rift sigil this way. I remember having to do some super hard mission ( it was hard for me at the time as I was a newb back then ) to get mine so just to see it handed out as a nightwave is kind of like.. "ok..." if it was handed out for another challenge I wouldn't care. It's just.. weird. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

I'm not one to be upset for people getting the opportunity to get something from a time before but I'm a bit baffled by how they released the rift sigil this way. I remember having to do some super hard mission ( it was hard for me at the time as I was a newb back then ) to get mine so just to see it handed out as a nightwave is kind of like.. "ok..." if it was handed out for another challenge I wouldn't care. It's just.. weird. 

Yep, dumbing down the difficulty YET AGAIN. I miss when this game was fun. 

Well seeing so many serious replies, guess I have to give OP at least 6/10 even though it was pretty obvious.

Haven’t seen the intermission challenges yet.  Will probably bang them all out tomorrow after work (Unless there is a time gated one like the X sorties).

On 2019-06-12 at 2:54 PM, DreisterDino said:

I might have got carried away a little to the end of the first half,

but my level of seriousness went up to at least 2.7 when i talked about the rewards...i mean, how can DESATURATION count as a proper reward for anything? 🤔

I would have been totally fine with an oversaturated colour palette though, that would be a great reward i must admit...

Edit: Anyway, i am going to bed now, i wish you all a good Night(wave)....omg 🙄

Good laugh though! Well done!

I'm quite sure people immediately went off on the "burnt out" bandwagon as soon as they started to read your post and then decided to Trumpify it with a tl;dr. Lol!!

Could be Sarcasm.... Could Be Serious.... 

Honestly can't tell for sure...

11 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I stopped playing WF the moment I realised just how much it sucked compared to the quick alert system.

Here let me say it with simple words...

You don't have to do every single challenge.

Do a few easy ones, get what you need from the offerings and stop caring about NW.

Also the clanmate requirements were removed, go check the patch notes.

nightwave should last longer then 2 hours if it is going to claim to be content filler.

Pro tip: Just don't do it

Also, if you think Gamma pallete is a downgrade of Classic, I can probably guess your fashion frame isn't on point. A lot of the colors there can't be found in any other color pallets.

Also also, Eidolon Ephemera, its the only farmable Ephemera apart from the Bood one that isn't blocked by rng reward table. If you think it isn't worth it, then don't do it. I did at least 50 runs of ESO rotation C, and the Blazing step Ephemera hasn't even dropped.

Is this post parody? All this time on the forum is blurring my ability to tell.

I'm not super enthusiastic about Nightwave or anything but I managed to do both the fishing and the rare gems segment in less than 20 minutes. You just need to wait for the warm streak and bait the water in the big central water area. Longwinder fish count as rares. The gems are really only as hard as remember the locations of the larger sized caves. 

10 Relics is also pathetically simple, as it doesn't specify a type of relic. Just run Lith Exterminations whenever it is available. 

The only challenge on the list that would arguably even require you to do anything special is "Complete a level 30 exterminate without being detected" and that isn't exactly hard either. It's even doable by accident.

I get that OP made a joke.. and a not too bad one at that.

However, the not so funny part is that I already did all of this weeks chores and the bad feeling of nightwaving being a "job" instead just having fun playing a game is starting to come back already, too..

This whole nightwave format is really not working. At least for me that is..

vor 13 Stunden schrieb DreisterDino:

Snip

No thanks, they seem so gimmicky.. I'd rather take the current ones then. I especially don't want to see more open world challenges. Ugh. Also, they sound more like achievements you do once and never do them again, and knowing NWs cycle, they won't change that they'll get tedious when they always come back.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DoTengri:

I get that OP made a joke.. and a not too bad one at that.

However, the not so funny part is that I already did all of this weeks chores and the bad feeling of nightwaving being a "job" instead just having fun playing a game is starting to come back already, too..

This whole nightwave format is really not working. At least for me that is..

You're not alone.. I logged off instantly as soon as I did the chores.. guess de doesn't want us to play their game. 

3 hours ago, JawNuts said:

Pro tip: Just don't do it

Also, if you think Gamma pallete is a downgrade of Classic, I can probably guess your fashion frame isn't on point. A lot of the colors there can't be found in any other color pallets.

Also also, Eidolon Ephemera, its the only farmable Ephemera apart from the Bood one that isn't blocked by rng reward table. If you think it isn't worth it, then don't do it. I did at least 50 runs of ESO rotation C, and the Blazing step Ephemera hasn't even dropped.

And we have another "Wooosshhhh".

We should start to keep count.

15 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

you got wooooooshed my dude. 

Really? I couldn't tell. Majority of this forum has posts like this.

If you're going to be sarcastic like on reddit. Using the /s really helps.

1 minute ago, Husla said:

Really? I couldn't tell. Majority of this forum has posts like this.

If you're going to be sarcastic like on reddit. Using the /s really helps.

I mean, OP did admit to being sarcastic on the first page lol. 

Some things don't need an /s. XD

On 2019-06-12 at 5:29 PM, DreisterDino said:

And do you seriously expect me to spend 20 platin for a good looking glyph i can deploy just so people dont laugh about the standard glyphs i own!?!

Come on, crack 10 relics? 10??? how am i supposed to farm all of those in 1 week AND open them? thats ridiculous - i have a life besides Warframe -_-

The other ones I can see your point. Wasting 3 precious Forma just to gain nightwave rep is a good example unless I already plan on forma’ing some things that week but these I don’t understand. You don’t even have 10 relics prior to this? Like I figured ppl have over 100 relics that they barely crack open just sitting in their inventory collecting dust. 

Then the glyph challenge. That has to be a joke right? Like there is no way your 100% serious about that complaint. 

9 hours ago, DoTengri said:

So... You pushed to do all of the NW content at once. Now you're complaining that 1) you've managed to do everything and 2) you are upset because you think that it wasn't fun and it's a "job"? 

9 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You're not alone.. I logged off instantly as soon as I did the chores.. guess de doesn't want us to play their game. 

And you have the same issues? 

Sorry, but you two aren't making a very good case for yourselves. 

NW got me to play Excalibur for the first time since the Protoskin came out (the first time) and I've completed all but 2 challenges (saving them for clanmates) over the last two days.

If you don't have the free to time do NW at your own pace, I can understand not liking it but, if you do have the free time and push yourself anyway, I don't really have any sympathy.