Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is back... Is this a joke?

Kefirno

I cannot state how wrong it is to have Very few things worth formaing at mr 27 and then to have put an 8th forma on my kavat when i rememberd that primed pack leader existed and needed another forma for NW and opps i was in similacrum...( All caps  (Why do you troll me DE Why) ) !! this is just soooo wrong on such a fundamental level that i require the reimbursment of the forma "credit "for nightwave (3/3) ANd a public stastment about DE's official Trolling Policy with imediate change in your player engagement policies and in game implementation of same ! as Nothing else would even come close to mending the trust broken from adding forma in similacrum, lasers in the void, everything about limbo, troll doors, troll elevators, frost globes in kuva siphons spam or mag bubble spam or nova loops off the edge or loki switching or any of the dozens of other ways in which you activly troll your players

I was pretty against this, because it made no sense for the same reasons you've stated. However, now there's the catch-up mechanic, and if it works as I think it works you can just ignore that challenge until a new gear piece comes, and do it then.

Still a boring and unwanted challenge imo, but a lot more doable now. I can't say the same of gilding however. Since they don't release new custom parts as often as they do with regular gear. So that one is still pretty bad and should still be gone in my eyes.

So I've started taking a crack at the Intermission acts in order to hopefully complete them for the Eidolon Ephemera, but I've noticed a slight hiccup. I ran a sabotage mission in order to complete the Cache act that requires you you find all caches for 3 consecutive sabotage runs. While running the first mission, I completed the Emote & Glyph daily acts. Running the 2nd mission, I checked the Nightwave screen to keep track of everything I had to do, but then I noticed that my progression for the Sabotage Cache act wasn't accurately recorded, and to top it off, the Emote & Glyph acts were still up despite the fact that I had completed them. I still have the 2k rep I had earned from the 1st sabotage run. I'm hesitant to go any further without reporting this issue first, I don't want an unfortunate mishap akin to PC players using Loki in Disruption.

I formaed Wisp like 4 times yesterday and today there's this and I have nothing I particularly care about or actually want to forma currently. I have random things I could forma for the hell of it, but this is just a really bad thing to have as part of the event for all the reasons we pointed out during the first season. If you want to forma something it should be because you want to forma something. Not because of this event which feels more like obnoxious chores than actual content. 

Just wait for the "Gilding" part, so many posts and videos about this with no effect. I can only think about one reason: forcing at least some players to buy more forma and more weapon slots for new crafted weapons.

Edited by Sadraven

WoSS doesn't have a catch-up mechanic because that's literally the point of nightwave. You will be able to get some of the rewards in the future most likely, in the same vein as many other exclusive rewards. Which ones, we don't know, but there has only ever been one example of truly exclusive content - Excalibur Prime.

Nora is still here because, like, why would Nora Night be limited to one series of Nightwave

• Like 2

correction: 

*you* dont *think* nightwave is fun.

its your opinion man.

i personally quite like nightwave and the engagement it brings. but of course, thats just my own opinion. i get that not everyone likes it, but please dont pass it off as "this change is terrible and every single player dislikes it."

• Like 8