Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is back... Is this a joke?

Kefirno

I like NW. Like Loza03 says it gives me a few extra things to choose from when I play. As for expiring creds, just spend them?

I don't see the point in keeping the old alerts so the resource alerts are served by learning where those resources drop. 400 Oxium? Pretty sure that is 2 short runs of IO. Credit alerts? Dark sectors and Index. Nitain? Faster to get now.

I got max rank on NW1 by looking at the dailies and doing them if I fancied it and other than that mostly ignoring NW since most of the challenges are what you would be doing in-game anyway.

It's just the missions we'd always be doing, but you get something else for them (excluding trivial S#&$ like "do an emote" or "use a glyph"). If you don't care about the stuff you get, then don't do it.

And if you don't find those missions fun, then no, of course Nightwave isn't going to magically make them fun. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

It's just meaningless and sometime harmful, and i can't find any actual benefit of this.

If there aren't any mods I want (already have Vauban and the helms I want) then I just buy Nitain. The old alerts taught me to grab Nitain whenever I could, even if I didn't need it at the time. I was very grateful for this habit when I got the Vauban Prime set and I just know that one day I'll need some Nitain and be thanking myself again.

I'm not sure what else we could be doing with those creds before they expire really as the cred pool is fairly bland for anyone with a decent number of hours in the game. DE could refund us some regular credits but unless you are just starting out credits are almnost meaningless and any endo (which wouldn't make sense) would be such a small amount it would also be meaningless.

Since each set of creds are a different type it wouldn't make sense for Wolf creds to be accepted in whatever the name of the next NW is. DE definitely can't let us stockpile a generic set of creds though as if they add something new and exciting to the cred store there would be no effort needed if you had sat on loads of generic creds.

i've never been able to do the emote act. it didnt let me during the wolf and it still wont let me during the intermission. i play the emote on missions, with or without people, extract and everything, in free roam or reg missions. it simply will not give me the points for doing the emote. dunno why. everything else works just fine.

16 minutes ago, tempestasultima said:

i've never been able to do the emote act. it didnt let me during the wolf and it still wont let me during the intermission. i play the emote on missions, with or without people, extract and everything, in free roam or reg missions. it simply will not give me the points for doing the emote. dunno why. everything else works just fine.

You have to use the emote from the gear wheel, it won't count if you use the emote with a hotkey.

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

WoSS doesn't have a catch-up mechanic because that's literally the point of nightwave.

Stop bringing up this stupid "it was implemented poorly initially so uhhh I guess being garbage is the whole point of this thing and DE should never fix it" argument.

Being one umbra forma behind the power creep just because you don't play the game 24/7 and because you took a break when the game was at its lowest point is a bs, there's no excuse for that. It doesn't even matter how well you performed during the "event" itself, you could only get everything if you started early enough. You couldn't skip trash rewards, you couldn't farm standing (fugitives were virtually useless for that) when the series was ongoing, there was an empty time frame of content drought after NW finished and now we get the useless intermission. There were a lot of opportunities to let players catch up but DE decided that FOMO is cool and hip.

Edited by Kefirno
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kefirno said:

Stop bringing up this stupid "it was implemented poorly initially so uhhh I guess being garbage is the whole point of this thing and DE should never fix it" argument.

I suppose you also hate events?

14 minutes ago, Kefirno said:

Being one umbra forma behind the power creep just because you don't play the game 24/7 and because you took a break when the game was at its lowest point is a bs, there's no excuse for that. It doesn't even matter how well you performed during the "event" itself, you could only get everything if you started early enough. You couldn't skip trash rewards, you couldn't farm standing (fugitives were virtually useless for that) when the series was ongoing, there was an empty time frame of content drought after NW finished and now we get the useless intermission. There were a lot of opportunities to let players catch up but DE decided that FOMO is cool and hip.

So your problem is you're not min-maxed. Well, don't worry, because they will come back. Don't forget that Umbral Mods are particularly good against Sentients, and there's a sentient-focused update coming, and DE have recently shown they like using stuff like Nightwave as a trial for upcoming rewards - Amalgam mods. 2+2+2=6

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kefirno said:

Being one umbra forma behind the power creep just because you don't play the game 24/7 and because you took a break when the game was at its lowest point is a bs, there's no excuse for that. It doesn't even matter how well you performed during the "event" itself, you could only get everything if you started early enough.

I can't see DE only giving us one Umbral Forma. Yes, you had to play to get the rewards. By your logic I should be complaining that I'm not MR29 because I didn't start playing until 2015 or play 24/7. I should also get all event rewards from 2017 because my computer broke and I couldn't play, why should I be penalised for that? Come to think of it I've missed hundreds of alerts because I happened to be sleeping and that sn't fair either...

• Like 3

I continue to be surprised (not really) by the complaining people engage in. Before going forward, I slogged and finished NW S1 three weeks before the end and I did have some burn out because they did not announce an end date until close to the end, therefore I was not able to pace myself.

While other games would make you pay for something like this, they do it for free. They give additional incentives for the normal stuff you would do anyway; incentives to brush the dust off those weapons or frames that you havent used for a while.

Was the first round of NW perfect? No. Sixty minutes with a friend? etc, but these are being reviewed and adjusted for season 2.

This intermission is a nice little snack before Tennocon.

I have never seen any games company listen so much to their player base and have so much engagement.

They might not do everything the way YOU want but then you have the opportunity to go and buy an EA game for £60 and pay for the DLCs and buy a red dot for £1 or buy Fallout 76 and buy a Power Armor color for £20 - just the color.

I refuse to buy EA games and anything from Epic.

My money goes to games developers who I want to support and deserve the money and don't see me as a cashbox they need to steal money from.

I just wish I could attend Tennocon but that's life.

Have fun peeps.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Shalath said:

I can't see DE only giving us one Umbral Forma. Yes, you had to play to get the rewards.

Yes, all of the rewards require playing obviously, but I mostly can do it at a pace that suits me. Marathon it over a weekend - done, that's how I do events usually. 12 hours non stop or in a span of two weeks - player decides. Nightwave on the other hand forces a certain pace on the player. You have to log in regularly for something that is also time limited. I hate this Fortnite Battle Pass style artificial method of players' retention exclusively through FOMO. Time Gating + Deadline together is pretty disgusting combo if you ask me. Warframe isn't the only game that suffers from implementing this fad, but it's the first time I see it having gameplay-related rewards.

I understand that Umbra Forma is coming back eventually, and it's probably going to be in Season 2 meaning I have to constantly check the game for new season to be able to begin grinding soon enough (although I have to admit that increased rewards from weekly challenges help a bit). Warframe is a grindy game with constant content droughts, it must be ok for people to take long breaks and catch up with most of what you've missed through farm and trading.

Speaking about trading, most of gameplay-related have been tradable so far. I can even buy the Primed Chamber (theoretically) now even though it never came back. This is what mitigates the timed exclusivity of event rewards. If you couldn't get them when they were available you can still farm plat from other sources and buy them.

And yeah, before anyone mentions Plague Star, I think it sucks too with its untradable Zaw parts and wonky inconsistent schedule.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the joke?

Or is the joke on OP for expecting to do nothing and the game to just go "you know what, you're a cool dude, here are all the rewards, even though you did nothing".

What am I missing here?

I myself like the gradual release, otherwise it'd be one more thing I just blaze through and have nothing to do again. I'm already mainly doing floofs (or grinding the remaining 17m focus to max it all -_-) until the next content/nightwave drop.

On 2019-06-14 at 1:52 PM, bryllnt said:

While other games would make you pay for something like this, they do it for free. They give additional incentives for the normal stuff you would do anyway; incentives to brush the dust off those weapons or frames that you havent used for a while.

Was the first round of NW perfect? No. Sixty minutes with a friend? etc, but these are being reviewed and adjusted for season 2.

NW intermission has required a pretty minimal time investment, it's fine. I'll finish today when the sorties reset, I skipped the annoying gild a thing chore. I have never dusted off anything to complete an act, not sure what these incentives are? The most I've done is switch elements on a weapon. Season 1 was way too long though, it just dragged on. NW intermission has shown me that I'd much prefer shorter seasons with alerts in between.

As for it being free, it has to be...who would pay to do the same stuff you can do normally? I don't know about those other games, I assume there's more to it than the kill 150 enemies with some element like we get every day? *yawn* If not, people clearly only buy a battle pass for the loot, in which case I'd rather the rewards be directly purchasable and let folks play when and how they want.

NW isn't great content, but it's something to do if you've run out of personal objectives and don't have another game you want to play. I just wish the credit rewards didn't change each week, I see Wisp's alt helmet is there now. :( My main objection to NW was the arbitrary "with friends" requirement and that at least is gone. The rewards have been decent, but nothing "must have", which is good because I can see wanting/needing to skip a future season. *shrugs*