Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Void's Reduced Financial Reward

Malora_Sidewinder

So recently the Void's credit rewards were reduced dramatically. Before this however, the (level 3 anyway) void runs had more enemies of a much higher level overall, and as such was noticeably more challenging. I'll get to why this is important in a second.

So right now Level 3 Void keys will earn you around 30,000 credits, down from the neighborhood of 80,000. 

I understand *why* this change took place, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Actually I strongly disagree with it.

Aside from the fear that easy credits would be detrimental to the health of the game overall, the actually solid argument in favor of the reduction is that Void keys are much easier to attain now. There was absolutely a time where you'd have access to so few Tier 3 keys, which necessitates a higher reward than if they were more common.

As it stands, Void 3 runs are barely worth doing for the amount of time and effort required to first find the key, and then run the mission. Whereas now you need to do 2 separate runs to even APPROACH the

I'd even say go *back* to the original monetary reward and UP the difficulty back to where it was.

Running low on credits is more frustrating than anything else, and if anything is detrimental to the game economy. Credits should be the easiest resource to attain- even in high numbers.

Anyone have a counter view?

There are systems to consume credits quite quickly. People just choose not to use them. As someone who went from 2 million down to 5 thousand in a matter of about 1 minute, and no I'm not exaggerating, then having my primary method of earning money not even give me half the amount, I am quite upset. Just because people choose not to use credit sinks doesn't mean the credit faucets are overpowered and need to be nerfed.

Alerts seem to give substantially higher rewards as well, and they require no key, and they can be finished really quickly. In the grand scheme of things, lower-mid tiered players got a credit buff. Higher tier players got credit nerfed. I do agree especially because now that we need money now more than ever as higher tiered players, we should at least have one mission or two, with high difficulty, that can net us an equal reward to match. The J2000 golem was great, but we need more of that, we need more challenge.

Well after I spent 300,000 credits buying some blueprints in the Dojo (before they realised that they were only meant to cost 50k each, not 150k), I didn't think twice about it, because I figured that I could just do a couple of T3 missions and get my credits back

Now I need to do ~3 times as many T3 runs to get my credits back

You already have to grind for all the materials, so as the OP said, credits should be the easiest thing to obtain in the game - we don't need another grind wall

As a player with strict NAT issues getting credits has never been that easy for me. I've only gone over 100k once, and the next day I got a mod I needed and fused all those credits into it. So now, it actually took me much, MUCH, longer to farm the credits for the 3 Nekros builds and the bp than it ever did farming the key mats and doing the boss runs!

Older players have waaaaaaay too many credits sitting around and nothing to use them on was a problem.

However, the solution should have been to add more credit sinks. DE did that, and I think it worked very well.

The problem now is that credit income was also nerfed, which I think is going too far. Makes it harder on newer players.

I used to dance around a million for a long time. I went up to 1.3M, then during a crafting spree I would have around 900k. I consciously farmed when I fell under 1M just to know I had a huge buffer in case I needed to spend some framebucks. Now I noticed I've gone from 1.2M to 900k and I couldn't go back up. It may just be me but I feel like getting credits is now harder across the board, and that to keep playing and crafting and bribing police officers at the level I'm now I need to play 5 T3 voids a day... which is ridiculous for me considering how much I play.

Older players have waaaaaaay too many credits sitting around and nothing to use them on was a problem.

However, the solution should have been to add more credit sinks. DE did that, and I think it worked very well.

The problem now is that credit income was also nerfed, which I think is going too far. Makes it harder on newer players.

This is very true.  The vast majority of players who had millions of credits have been around since closed beta.  It's the same thing with the mod situation.  Players from closed beta received pages and pages of rare 10 fusion cores when the game changed its mod system.  That created a massive gap between newer players (who are still struggling to rank up their mods) and older players (who basically ranked up their entire mod stockpile instantly).  This change will do the same exact thing for credits.  New players will now always have a shortage of credits, but it will take older players months or even years for their credit stockpiles to dwindle down (if they ever do). 

I think more people are complaining that they have too much credits than the contrary. I agree that it's not the best solution (which would have been credit-only things to buy), but I think it's because of that.

As for difficulty reduction... I havent been playing Void lately, so I cant tell.

i'd like to know about the playstyle and history of players who have more credits than they know what to do with.

i'm at 220+ hours, and _just_ hit mastery level 9.

hornet strike lacks the last two ranks, and i just recently raised the rifle dmg mod to the and to last rank (for ~200k credits of fusing).

i have approx 9500 credits at the moment.

i have made 1 clan weapon, but researched them all.  

i still lack mastery on dozens of weapons, creation of nekros (100k+ there), and a lot of void/prime weapons.

so, i forsee being "poor" for the mid-long range time being.

so, comparitively, i'm trying to understand who (and why/how) would have an excess of credits?

1. old players who have done everything?

2. mid players who aren't grinding mastery ranks and aren't sinking credits?

Alerts seem to give substantially higher rewards as well, and they require no key, and they can be finished really quickly. In the grand scheme of things, lower-mid tiered players got a credit buff. Higher tier players got credit nerfed. I do agree especially because now that we need money now more than ever as higher tiered players, we should at least have one mission or two, with high difficulty, that can net us an equal reward to match. The J2000 golem was great, but we need more of that, we need more challenge.

A lucrative alert will give about 15,000 credits. T3 hovered around 80,000.

I made a plus last couple of days. Rewards are fine and not totally over now. You can finish T3 so fast it gets unbalanced.

Thats not how it used to be, though. I remember when Level 3 runs were actually pretty difficult. Now after time has passed, my teams weapons and mods got better and better, so at this point even old T3 couldn't give us MUCH trouble... 

And it's not that it seems easier *because* of our better equipment, the enemies are at a much lower level.