Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change of plans, no relic opening this time

Was doing a Lith capture, Lotus turned it into a exterminate,
not enough enemies to kill to get enough reactant to open the relics.

EDIT - When the mission change to exterminate we needed to kill 23 total enemies.
Not 230, just 23, twenty-three.

Edited by General_Durandal

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

well even if it was left as a capture mission looks like you were killing too fast so... slowdown 😄

In low population fissure missions, I've been told it helps to slow down a bit.  Sometimes there are energy surges that affect the normal enemies (ie, whatever is supposed to live in that node) that gives them the glittery gold Corrupted effect.  Once they're shiny, *then* you can clonk them and they have a chance to drop Reactant.  If you're doing a Kill EVERYTHING build and wiping them out the instant they spawn, you might have a bad time.

Although Exterminates where changed so that enemies don't necessarily completely stop spawning once you hit the limit.  You could always backtrack a bit and see if you spot any survivors trying to hide under a barrel somewhere?

• Like 2

The old void says hello with no bs such as collecting reactant. But about this system, they just should make every enemy no matter what have reactant drop, there should always be atleast 10 dropped no matter what... or simply just get rid off this stupid thing bcs this is stupid that have to stand in front of a lvl 10 grineer and wait for him to finally go yellow mode so can kill him, the worst are missions that are not about survival/defense/interception bcs pubs don't understand that nuking everything with ignis is NOT a good thing and then they wonder why we have 5/10 of reactant or something like that, on those 3 defensive mission types this can also happen, have equinox or something nuke the entire map and ppl leaving already on 1st round bcs can't open relics with such frames.

reasons i dont like doing defense/interception in pub groups especially lith. can't count the amount of times an equinox shows up in a lith defense and just kills everything as it spawns then we end up with around 5 reactant. you'd think that after the first couple of rounds of 0 reactant they'd clue in.

as for capture, just try to get as much as possible BEFORE you capture. i've yet to run into this issue in a capture mission that switches but i get my reactant as quickly as possible then just zoom to end.

fissures should just keep spawning enemies no matter what until extraction. at the very least code it in so that it only triggers if someone doesn't have 10 reactant yet.

4 hours ago, TrixieLulamoonn said:

The old void says hello with no bs such as collecting reactant. But about this system, they just should make every enemy no matter what have reactant drop, there should always be atleast 10 dropped no matter what

DE... no matter how many times it screws players over.... is so confident in their RNG. I honestly don't understand why they keep tethering RNG to non sensical things

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Had this happen today too.. why the #*!% do you have a capture mission available if you clearly hate that it's a fast mission. I don't get it.

I think DE regrets making Capture missions all together.

13 hours ago, nslay said:

You would at least hope DE could count the enemies left and add a voice line for Lotus.

"Change of plans, ignore your original objective. Abort the mission." --> Mission Failed screen.

Tenno: But... why? Why have you betrayed us, Space Mom?

• 1 month later...
On 2019-06-12 at 6:14 PM, Makunogo said:

well even if it was left as a capture mission looks like you were killing too fast so... slowdown 😄

Quickly clearing whole rooms is literally the meta of this whole game. Telling magic space ninjas to slow down is like telling a racer to slow down. In addition, every other mobile defense/capture mission for me ends up becoming an exterminate because of this "feature". There is no reason for it. Just because you play slower than my grandma doesn't mean we all should.

• Like 1