Dagarasforan

Solution: "Kill 20 enemies that are on a drop ship while invisible"

Question

Posted (edited)

Melee Riven Challenge: "Kill 20 enemies that are on a drop ship while invisible"

Mission: Corpus Defense Mission

WARFRAME: IVARA. 

Weapons: Arca Plasmor (AOE Damage), Despair(not used), Tipedo Prime(not used) 

Abilities used: Cloak Arrow. 

Abilities not used: Prowl due to Arca Plasmor dispelling invisibility and thus not getting credit for kills. 

1. Positioned myself central to the areas where I could easily fire on Drop Ships (Drop ships always ended up hovering over the same area) and protect Cryopod. Note: Protection of Cryopod not part of challenge. 

Cloaked myself with "Cloak Arrow" Ability.

Wave 2: Drop ship came positioned itself over drop point. Whether the doors were closed or open fired on Dropship with Arca Plasmor. Enemies died inside. Riven challenge counted them as kills. 

Wave 4: Drop ship came. rinse, repeat. 

This is the method I used. You don't have to have IVARA. A friend with IVARA can come and cloak you with their arrows and you can complete this challenge. 

It took me three missions to complete the challenge because I was testing different methods.

This is the most effective method as the AOE damage kills multiple enemies at once. A rifle or bow doesn't afford the time to retarget after each kill before they jump out of the dropship. 

Note: Since the revamping of IO after the Jovian Concord update, I got the same map four times after I attempted to get on that mission. No dropships. It appears now that Tessera (Venus) may be the best place to complete this specific Melee Riven Challenge. I did not attempt this with any other Warframe. I understand Loki may be a good option. Please post your results. 

Thank you for listening. I hope this helps. 

Dagaras

Edited by Dagarasforan
  • Upvote 1

25 answers to this question

Loki + Lenz

Fire at dropship before anyone jumps

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, VegaDeicide said:

Ivara works. But better frame for that is Loki if you have him. 

That's funny.  Too damn funny to be honest.  LMMFAO!!

edit:

Dagarasforan said:
Abilities not used: Prowl due to Arca Plasmor dispelling invisibility and thus not getting credit for kills. 
This is what Hush mods are for fellow Tenno.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, VegaDeicide said:

Ivara works. But better frame for that is Loki if you have him. 

Why is he better?  The Invis is pretty much the same, and there are no bonuses for Loki attacking with primary or secondary while Invis.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

His invisibility doesn't break like Ivara

Any weapon you desire can be used by him

Edited by VegaDeicide

Posted (edited)

Loki is capable of moving about freely.

1. He's faster.
  2. He has an augment to make everything he uses silent.
  3. All the high level players use him more than any other frame.
  4. Ivara is for the newb community. Honestly, it's for those that aren't great at Spy. Not saying you need Loki for spy either, just saying that's what she's always used for.
  5. Has 4 useful augments.
  6. Duration based invisibility up to 32s
  7. invisibility can't be broken by noisy guns.

I realize it's all choice, but he's got some fine points.

47 minutes ago, Dagarasforan said:

Melee Riven Challenge: "Kill 20 enemies that are on a drop ship while invisible"

I am not sure I've had this challenge, and reading through your method it is interesting but, I'd just go to the plains and head east towards the camp there and dropships or Dargyns will spawn there. You don't even have to alert the Grineer to get them to spawn. Just head there, if after a few minutes you don't get dropships to spawn, only Dargyns, extract and go back out. Much faster than running any endurance mission.

Octavia has invisibility, as does Ash, and Loki is another choice aside from Ivara. Ash has an augment that can turn allies invisible too.

Edited by Alcatraz
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VegaDeicide said:

His invisibility doesn't break like Ivara

Any weapon you desire can be used by him

Hush mods.  Also losing the mod slot isn't much of a factor due to Prowl's and Navigators bonuses. 

8 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:
  • He's faster.
  •  

Not a factor in this challenge. 

9 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:
  2.  He has an augment to make everything he uses silent.
  3. Has 4 useful augments.
  4. Duration based invisibility up to 32s  
  5. invisibility can't be broken by noisy guns.

2. Hush mods for weapon. 

3. So does Ivara.  Ones that actually work better for this challenge.

4.  No duration at all.

5. refer to number 2. 

Think about it for a bit.  She has more abilities that either do or effect damage at range. 

This is not to say that Loki can't do the challenge.  Just that Ivara is more capable of doing this challenge in multiple ways.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Hush mods.  Also losing the mod slot isn't much of a factor due to Prowl's and Navigators bonuses. 

Not a factor in this challenge. 

2. Hush mods for weapon. 

3. So does Ivara.  Ones that actually work better for this challenge.

4.  No duration at all.

5. refer to number 2. 

Think about it for a bit.  She has more abilities that either do or effect damage at range. 

This is not to say that Loki can't do the challenge.  Just that Ivara is more capable of doing this challenge in multiple ways.  

I agree totally. But I just thought would be good to put in there. A true noob at MR8 isn't going to have Ivara. But have access to Loki? Probably. If I only speak from my perspective now. I can do that challenge with either or. But I do remember a time as we all started the game MR1. I just use loki for them all usually. Aim glide, slide ect. There is 3 for the dropship challenge

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

@VegaDeicide you have an open mind.  I like that.  Keep that an open mind fellow Tenno.  It will serve you well in the future.  😎 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎12 at 7:40 PM, DatDarkOne said:

That's funny.  Too damn funny to be honest.  LMMFAO!!

edit:

Dagarasforan said:
This is what Hush mods are for fellow Tenno.  

Thanks for the update. I just saw the "hush" mod today and thought about it.

Sincerest, 

Dagaras

• Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)

Stealth dog + any nuke? Don't have the riven to test it, but if other Ivara cloaking you works this should also.

Point here is, only weapon use breaks the stealth in my expirience, you can cast safely.

Edited by Infirito
  • Upvote 1

I wanted to address something about IVARA. 

Someone said she's for noobs who can't do spy missions. I didn't buy her. I spent countless hours IN spy missions stealing data, not being detected, using dread and despair and making no mistakes to farm all of her parts. So... Considering the fact that there is an assumption that noobs can't do spy missions, please reconsider your earlier comment because that is the only way you can get her in game without plat is by doing Spy missions. 

Unless you're a noob and you bought her. Then it's safe to assume you wouldn't know how to farm the parts.

Also, I have Loki, but I chose IVARA to do this challenge. I'm glad for all the input. Thanks all.

Sincerest,

Dagaras 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Dagarasforan said:

Someone said she's for noobs who can't do spy missions.

That was obvious bait.  You really should just ignore that.  I did because I know better.  😀 

Edit:  I also think a Mod cleaned the topic and removed some posts that weren't productive.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2019-06-13 at 7:12 AM, Dagarasforan said:

It took me three missions to complete the challenge because I was testing different methods

Do the kills stack ? Like 3 missions altogether 20 kills? I got this Riven challenge too.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, RyAn0099 said:

Do the kills stack ? Like 3 missions altogether 20 kills? I got this Riven challenge too.

The kills do stack.  They kinda have to because most drop ships don't have that many enemies on them at once.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Satisfied 1

On 2019-06-12 at 7:22 PM, VegaDeicide said:

A true noob at MR8 isn't going to have Ivara. But have access to Loki? Probably. If I only speak from my perspective now. I can do that challenge with either or. But I do remember a time as we all started the game MR1. I just use loki for them all usually. Aim glide, slide ect. There is 3 for the dropship challenge

I have both Ivar and Loki and I find I use Ivara less and less. She is fun to use and can level up weapon very quickly. For spy mission, Loki teleportation make a lot of those trap very easy to solve. Now a day, I mainly use Ivar in open areas to clear camp (level up weapon), to fish and to mine.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm missing something... But why in the hell are you doing something sooooo convoluted ?

Instead of looking for a specific spot on a randomized map, just go to the plains, launch the easiest bounty and shoot the dudes on the ships. You don't even need a specific weapon. Just any frame that can shoot while stealth.

I assume you wrote that for noobs, the only decisive factor if they can do it or not is having a valid stealth frame. Going to venus is just gonna waste some time I'm afraid...

56 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Maybe I'm missing something... But why in the hell are you doing something sooooo convoluted ?

Instead of looking for a specific spot on a randomized map, just go to the plains, launch the easiest bounty and shoot the dudes on the ships. You don't even need a specific weapon. Just any frame that can shoot while stealth.

I assume you wrote that for noobs, the only decisive factor if they can do it or not is having a valid stealth frame. Going to venus is just gonna waste some time I'm afraid...

This.  PoE (or Orb Vallis) have infinite drop ships.  A hushed sniper rifle with radiation can easily one shot the drop ship and kill everything on it in a single shot.  

You generally don't even need to  start a bounty - just walk into a camp and have them send up a flare drone - that keeps the drop ships pouring in so long as you don't break it.

On 2019-06-12 at 7:36 PM, DatDarkOne said:

@VegaDeicide you have an open mind.  I like that.  Keep that an open mind fellow Tenno.  It will serve you well in the future.  😎 

Indeed. But do not let it be so open, that your brains fall out.  😉  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SIUNEG said:

Itzal: say no more 😉

This is an often overlooked method that also works for this challenge.  😀 

Uhhmm.....can the following please be verified.

I found destroying Orb Vallis CoilDrives  count as dropship kills, Of course corpus must still be inside vehicle.