Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How the heck are you meant to do the nightwave stealth mission

Agentcheese

Question

I went in there with a high duration loki prime.(23 whole seconds of stealth.) Also I was playing in the void, so I basically had unlimited energy from bumping into death orbs. But how are you meant to deal with the heavy gunners there? My vectis does about 3000 damage per shot.

And I don't think the game counts charged chamber either. That mod adds 40% to the first shot in each clip. And the vectis only has 1 bullet in the clip. Yet when I shot an untalerted heavy gunner in the head she didn't die. 

Is there something I'm missing here when it comes to modding my weapons, or do I straight up have to ram a riven into my vectis to make it do enough damage?

Another thing I don't get. What exactly counts as no enemies seeing you. Do you have to have them all stay 100% unalerted for the  entire mission? Or is it fine if they see a dead body and get suspicious? 

Lastly I noticed some enemies noticed me through a wall. One particular heavy gunner came running towards me after I had shot a lancer she couldn't see. Sure I was firing my vectis a lot. But it had a maxed rank hush on it. It was completely silent.

So is there some way to avoid this happening in the future.. Or is it just poor game design and I should give up on this nightwave task forever?

So your concern is that your Vectis doesn't one-shot enemies, even though that's not at all part of the challenge ?

Enemies shall not become alerted. Meaning shooting at you, hiding in covers, activating alarms and such. Their arrows on the minimap become "full" when alerted.

EnemyUnalerted Unalerted Enemy
EnemySuspicious Suspicious Enemy
EnemyAlerted Alerted Enemy

If one-shotting enemies is all you're living for, maybe that's time for Covert Lethality, but that's totally not required for this challenge which can be achieved by billions of different ways (and honestly, I won't do that in the Void, Sedna is way better/easier imo).

latest?cb=20180217184728

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

IDK about Loki, I used Ivara with Dread and a dagger with CL, done in Oxomoco, Void exterminate. Pop energy restore, go into prowl and kill everything, Faster than popping 10 relics for sure, around 10-12 minutes maybe.

Edited by akots

Oh... well... that's easy.... do an Extermination set to public with whatever warframe/weapons you like....

Get slammed by Host Migration halfway through.... extract.... game gets confused and awards you the Night wave Challenge 😄 !!!!

I kid you not... I've never done this challenge properly before.... a bug always gets it done for me despite getting detected.

First 23 seconds is not high duration, its only ~200% duration, my Loki P runs with near 37s over 100% more than you. that extra ~14 seconds means a lot sometimes.

Secondly, going back to using a gun, get a good melee weapon, I use a zaw. The one thing people forget about any frame that can go invisible is they get an innate 100% crit chance with melee so even a high crit damage weapon with some range would work.

I find Adaro on Sedna easier for this type of challenge.

1st: your build have some problems (like hush and charged chamber), and probably wrong elements

2nd: no need to oneshot, I usually run Loki and use my catchmoon or my ignis, as long as they don't see you it's fine.

In void and infested missions aggro tends to be strange, so you get enemies walking to you even if you didn't do anything

13 minutes ago, Tovon said:

I initial D'd my way through an exterminate fissure with revenant. Note the challenge said "raise the alarms" not "alerted." If the enemies are dead, they can't raise the alarms.

I just did your initial D tactic. I ran with a public group while it was a void fissure mission. And it worked. Even though I made a heap of noise. So thanks a bunch for the advice.

Thing is the mission says you have to complete the exterminate undetected. No wonder I got confused. Its very vague wording.

I also recommend Adaro, Sedna.

Use Hushed Invisibility on Loki and you don't need to have hush on your weapons.  I suggest running a melee, however, and using channeling to disintegrate the bodies.  Even if you have to hit some enemies multiple times, just do it quickly.

Also, you can increase your invis time by a bit as well.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

So your concern is that your Vectis doesn't one-shot enemies, even though that's not at all part of the challenge ?

Enemies shall not become alerted. Meaning shooting at you, hiding in covers, activating alarms and such. Their arrows on the minimap become "full" when alerted.

EnemyUnalerted Unalerted Enemy
EnemySuspicious Suspicious Enemy
EnemyAlerted Alerted Enemy

If one-shotting enemies is all you're living for, maybe that's time for Covert Lethality, but that's totally not required for this challenge which can be achieved by billions of different ways (and honestly, I won't do that in the Void, Sedna is way better/easier imo).

latest?cb=20180217184728

Right. covert lethality. I forgot about that mod. I think I have one. Also I totally forgot that enemy radar and all the mods like that show the enemies alert stages.

I'll make sure to use your advice in the future.

1 hour ago, akots said:

IDK about Loki, I used Ivara with Dread and a dagger with CL, done in Oxomoco, Void exterminate. Pop energy restore, go into prowl and kill everything, Faster than popping 10 relics for sure, around 10-12 minutes maybe.

Good point about using Ivara. I haven't got the warframe leveled up though, because I like Loki's playstyle more. But I'll make an effort to level her up, in case another stealth challenge pops up.

You just need to make sure you are never seen. If you're invisibility is running low, hide somewhere to recast. I used Loki on Sedna to complete that challenge. Did it first time, so the gunners will get suspicious if you attack them, but won't raise the alarms. 

1 hour ago, Tovon said:

Note the challenge said "raise the alarms" not "alerted." If the enemies are dead, they can't raise the alarms.

this

1 hour ago, akots said:

in Oxomoco, Void exterminate

and this
because in Oxomoco there are never alarms, so it's a "cheat" way to do it.
You can do it without stealth because of the this fact.

2 hours ago, Agentcheese said:

But how are you meant to deal with the heavy gunners there?

ignis, atterax, covert lethality and a dagger, you can kill them with nova, saryn, every frame so to say 😄

Edited by vegetosayajin

6 hours ago, Agentcheese said:

Lastly I noticed some enemies noticed me through a wall. One particular heavy gunner came running towards me after I had shot a lancer she couldn't see. Sure I was firing my vectis a lot. But it had a maxed rank hush on it. It was completely silent.

If you have punch through (idk if the Vectis innately has it) and the bullet near-misses an enemy, they will become suspicious.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I've been playing for years and I didn't know this.

Image result for what the fuck .gif

Well, if you need any more stealth tips, you can ask me.

8 minutes ago, S7ORM said:

If you have punch through (idk if the Vectis innately has it) and the bullet near-misses an enemy, they will become suspicious.

They don't become suspicious. They just look in the direction of the bullet impact, but no change in state.

I use a crit build Zenith and clear every room before I even enter it by firing through the walls at lovely floating head shot targets. Take Loki and stay invisible for a bit more peace of mind, but can fly through Pluto exterminate like it was nothing. It’s really satisfying when a few of them line up and you pop multiple targets in a single shot. Whatever you end up doing, stay patient until you’re comfortable with your strategy. Nothing is worse than being only a few kills away and you make a sloppy mistake. Good luck Tenno. 

8 hours ago, (NSW)Sabrac said:

If you do the mission on Oxomoco, the enemies wont be alerted, because the void has no alarms, so you can basically play the missions normally and will have that challenge completed. it's how i did it and it worked.

ugh I always forget about the void unless I need argon.

Edited by Zelmen