Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Warframe

Sadonkorjaaja

I'm dreaming of a dark warrior. It is a hulking tank frame with melee abilities. One is AoE stun with every blow while while the ability lasts xx seconds. Let's call it "smash". The second is "rend". It grant's melee hits a health leech for xx seconds. Third ability draws enemies to attack the frame. It makes the warframe become the "decoy". Let's call it "taunt" or something. It might also give armor boost to the frame while it lasts. Fouth ability could be "berserk". It gives damage and speed boost for melee attacks. Or it could just kill a bunch of enemies by ripping them apart with its bare hands. I'd like the new warframe to have some of the same feel as w40k dreadnought's melee attacks, an unstoppable juggernaut. Oh and let's call our new frame "Arnold" :)

Rhino or Excalibur - good melee frames. Oh, and Ash too.

"Smash" = Radial Blind

"Decoy", "Taunt" = Iron skin

"Berserk" = Bladestorm

Dont't know about "Rend", think about Trinity

I mean, we already have that warframe, but not all-in-one

Edited by Reddeq

as long as there is huge risk to go into melee range (in endgame) because of the incredible damage of ranged enemies and the low to zero rewards you get when you walk after the enemies getting damaged all the time and because of the extremely low damage of melee weapons there is none melee playstyle frame.

while at the same time you do 10 to 20 times more damage from safe range with like strun wraith / soma / flux rifle

there is no viable melee playstyle in this game the Developers of DE would need to extremely buff melee dmg to make it any viable

but the warframe that come closest is rhino in low level trash content like venus or merkur.

Edited by zzang

If you want two handed assassination frame, go Ash, give him smoke bomb, scindo or fragor, and stealth charge attack your way to glory. I use rhino with Duel ethers / Duel Zorens, Both use the orthos well. he has the staying power to be pure meele and play offensivly. He can jump in large groups of enemys and not die instantly. I would love a vampic meele frame, but in all honesty, Rhino is your best bet for hack n slash. Just make sure you have stun or stagger on whatever meele weapon you got, and it hits multiple enemys.

as long as there is huge risk to go into melee range (in endgame) because of the incredible damage of ranged enemies and the low to zero rewards you get when you walk after the enemies getting damaged all the time and because of the extremely low damage of melee weapons there is none melee playstyle frame.

while at the same time you do 10 to 20 times more damage from safe range with like strun wraith / soma / flux rifle

there is no viable melee playstyle in this game the Developers of DE would need to extremely buff melee dmg to make it any viable

but the warframe that come closest is rhino in low level trash content like venus or merkur.

It's doable, it's just very hard to do. You need to use stagger/stun meele weapons, that hit fast and use normal attack, and like you said rhino is almost a must.. It works really we'll on 3rd tier void key and missions that are 100+ enemy level, just most people are in love with charge attacks, which just don't work well for pure meele at that level. You need to watch for roadblock enemys like the grennier commanders, the corpus stompers and the infested toxic ancients.

Infact it works best having a Vauban to attach the red balls of death and a volt for speed, and just run around with duel ethers slide attacking everything from a mile away. When damaged, slide behind cover, apply iron skin and roar (if streamlined) and get back to work. Though i prefer to run with frost/nova/vauban on tower D. The key is to stagger multiple enemys before they can fire.

Edited by shydex