Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Revisiting Wukong

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Yaerion:

I would highly prefer a cooldown for his "levels of Immortality" => similarly to Phoenix Renewal: after undying, we have a period during which we cannot escape death if we take fatal damage.

This wouldn't render the passive null after some point, and would require us to be more careful when we are in the cooldown period (even in "not so hard" missions). I feel this is more interesting, gameplay-wise.

Interesting idea. While his passive is on CD, his other abilities do get buffed slightly to make up for his vulnerability during this period. Or an Augment which enables this kind of mechanic.

Would make it engaging, interesting and rewarding. And somewhat reflect him being a smart ass monkey god.

I am one of those who get hyped by this rework. The only thing I don't like is the passive. I just hate the feeling that you could run out of PASSIVE. Please change it to be rechargeable. I think a 5min cooling down or even longer would be very acceptable. I am not saying that this passive is not strong enough. It just feels wrong and imperfect, not matter it's 3-times revival or 1000-times revival. A passive should always be there.

On 2019-06-13 at 9:39 PM, DeMonkey said:

Buffing it's damage, status chance and giving it slash damage makes absolutely no sense to me to be honest. It does more than enough damage already, and how exactly is a stick going to do slash damage?

Adding blades on the sides of the staff like on a mace.

On 2019-06-13 at 9:01 PM, moostar95 said:

good, many of us can enjoy playing what we want. I'm getting getting tried of people S#&$ing over frames I like because they're aren't nukers or that they have preferences so high they're ok with removing frames from the game because they don't like them.  If I was S#&$ting over saryn/mesa and asked them to be removed. people would be salty. people want to have hildryn removed, everyone is ok with that but me.  Also hildryn does more then nuke with her one. she buffs teams, tanks, cc and gives energy.

Hildryn is insanely good and fun to play, people just have no idea.

Will there be a method to immediately end the clone, without  generating a new one and what are the consequences... such as cool down, duration? If you choose from a limited  weapon arrangement, such as a sortie requirement how will that proceed. Could the clone be used as a teleport ability, if not, could it be rigged to do so, at least for an an 'unstuck situation, whereas currently an operator and often unstuck itself cannot resolve. I scanned the above for duplicity and could not connect during the event, i will also be gone for a day, so I just wanted to have my say. I appreciate the homage but I hope that it is not a limitation on a power kit.

1 minute ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

Will there be a method to immediately end the clone, without  generating a new one

Hold #1 if you don't have the augment. If you do have the augment then you can't get rid of him, as holding #1 performs the slam.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

what are the consequences

Consequences? You have to recast.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

If you choose from a limited  weapon arrangement, such as a sortie requirement how will that proceed.

The exact same way it will in a mission if you were to only equip a single weapon. You both have that weapon.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jockhotty said:

I scanned the above for duplicity and could not connect during the event

Spoiler

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.

I'm still so annoyed that there was no talk or anything on why the 3 augment wasn't touched. I'm liking the rework, just feel like his 3 augment could have easily been brought to give either the "improved invisibility" of the other stealth frames or given his allies a damage mitigation buff or have it give a weaker radial blind

I rarely play Wukong, but the rework seems pretty good overall. 

It look like most people are concerned about his new passive. However, my main complaint is the 1500 armor cap on defy. Sure, 1500 armor + invisibility and heal from his cloud is more than enough to survive 99% of normal content in warframe. But at some point, one shot deaths become a issue.

Right now, most strategies to survive higher levels on endurance runs involve mostly invisibility or some kind of invulverability. So, if Wukong could have scaling armor on defy, without a cap, it would be a different tactic to survive on endurance runs. Basically, Wukong would always have enough armor to survive regardless of enemy level, assuming the player uses Defy wisely.

10 minutes ago, Agropeu said:

one shot deaths become a issue.

Disagree on principle. One shot deaths happen at levels far beyond anything the game is balanced around. The whole point of increasing enemy levels is to eventually make them so tough we can't keep fighting. If we have scaling damage and scaling tanking we might as well do away with enemy levels altogether and just fight level 1 enemies all day.

There has to be an upper limit to what we're designed to fight, if we can push past that then great, if not then it's not an issue.

I am excited for all the coming changes to wukong with one exception. the passive, while i love the idea of it, the finite 3 times defy is going to  make me not want to play him on endurance runs, or even arbitration for that matter.

My solution to this, while keeping in mind that you don't want people killing themselves for random buffs, is to put a timer per passive and have them regenerate over time, so lets say 1 charge of passive per 5mins or even better, make it work like venari bodyguard where kills reduce the timer. I just dont want him to only have a passive for his 1st life of potentially 5 revives(with arcane revives)

Other than that, its looking really fun and I cant wait to try him and his melee changes out! 

6 hours ago, 1thurts said:

I am one of those who get hyped by this rework. The only thing I don't like is the passive. I just hate the feeling that you could run out of PASSIVE. Please change it to be rechargeable. I think a 5min cooling down or even longer would be very acceptable. I am not saying that this passive is not strong enough. It just feels wrong and imperfect, not matter it's 3-times revival or 1000-times revival. A passive should always be there.

Yes you are 100% 

I'm super excited for this. I love the Wukong myth and have always been disappointed with how ineffective Wukong was compared to other frames.  

Passive: I think the passive is fine. No complaints. I think the random nature suits Wukong. I totally understand it's limitation, and it feels on flavor.

Wuclone: my only feedback here is that i wish pressing 1 again while he was out switch teleported you with him instead of made him focus. I'm never not 1-Shotting things so a targeted damage ability isn't useful against 99% of enemies and my guess is the 1% it would be useful against (stalker/wolf) it won't work on. A switch teleport would be a lot more fun and more on flavor.

Defy: looks perfect. I saw that it taunts, that's the only thing i was worried about but that's perfect. I love that your clone does it to. 

Cloudwalker: I love the changes to Cloudwalker the only thing i think should change is that shooting shouldn't break the augment. That makes it almost useless. Cloaking a team who are actively engaging means 99% of the time they will break the cloak instantly on accident just by having been pressing the trigger when it activated. I just don't see how that augment is supposed to be useful in any circumstance. 

Ult: Love the 4. Feels on flavor. Combos look good. Love that your clone gets the weapon too. 

I do have a couple of questions.

1. Will the Wuclone deal normal damage to Stalker/Wolf and other "ability damage immune" enemies?

2. Is it possible to get the Wuclone to use your secondary while you use your primary?

3. How does Wuclone decide which fire mode to use on things like the Fulmin?

4. Is the Wuclone affected by Dragon Keys the player is carrying? 

5. Will the Wuclone Target weakspots like the Lephantis heads while they are targetable?

6. Can Wuclone receive buffs like Rhino Roar and the like, and does it copy your buffs when you cast it?

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Disagree on principle. One shot deaths happen at levels far beyond anything the game is balanced around. The whole point of increasing enemy levels is to eventually make them so tough we can't keep fighting. If we have scaling damage and scaling tanking we might as well do away with enemy levels altogether and just fight level 1 enemies all day.

There has to be an upper limit to what we're designed to fight, if we can push past that then great, if not then it's not an issue.

True. Even Inaros would eventually fall to the games scaling. So no frame is truly invincible in the long run.

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

It's not scaling damage, despite the damage absorbtion multiplier. People are mistaken on this similar to Octavia. Enemy damage scales slower than enemy health in endurance runs. And that's before something like enemy armor or shields are even factored in as well.

The closest thing to scaling damage are status procs (with some single-target exceptions). To last in endurance runs it requires teamwork. There is no going forever because eventually people have to sleep, use the restroom, ect and unless you're playing solo you can't pause the game. That and requiring at least another frame are the ONLY reasons you can't go forever. A frost or Limbo in defense would theoretically protect a pod forever IF it didn't have to actually kill enemies. Equinox can nuke scaling damage IF 3 to 4 corrosive projections are stripping all armor (or shield disruptions for Corpus), but can't survive one-shots from the increased enemy speed and damage. Nor can it protect a defense pod at those levels. 

Wukong won't actually bring any of that to the table. A simple tweak to the new Defy could help since the new Cloud Walker can already be interrupted. Allow Defy to be interrupted by Cloud Walker. Simple. At least Cloud Walker can still bring some cc to an endurance run (and possibly finishers?) if that's the case, without getting one-shot as the Last Immortal. 85% damage reduction isn't impressive to people who like to do endurance runs and not just clear the starchart. And yes, DE does design at these levels hence the bug fix to Ivara to keep her from soloing wave 565 Hydron. Their intention is if you want to do something even similar you'll need to do it with teamwork.

I don't play Wukong much but I'm keen to give the new version a try.

I think to keep with the Monkey King theme it would be good to have a bit more mobility - maybe 25% extra jump distance, 25% more wall latch, and maybe able to do 2 double jumps.

I'm gonna put my opinions on this.
Haven't played Wukong much but i've mastery ranked him and some more.

Power 1.
Good riddance, the crappy bolt spell was worthless and just to fill a power slot, this power seems more fun and interesting.

Power 2.
The cloud was freakishly slow, so a speed buff is welcome. The other things mostly feel like things that was forgotten initially and/or new objects and tilesets interact in unexpected ways.

Power 3.
I barely used it before. Apparently it's wukongs best ability but i never used it. Mostly since it ATE energy.
I am a bit 'eh' on the whole timing abilities to soak damage idea, but some people like such abilities so this ability simply isn't for me.

Power 4.
I like running around with the silly staff and whack people, but it had very little range and doesn't do much damage anymore. So the longer range and better damage scaling sounds good to me.

Passive.
I am cloven on the passive. On one hand it is a fun ability which adds survivability without adding invulnerability. So that's a good thing.
On the other, a passive that is activated only when you die. Seems counter intuitive, especially since Wukong will have decent defensive stats and an immortality power.
So if one builds even a decent build one will be difficult to take down with Wukong, which works against the whole getting buffs from dying.
But the passive isn't really meant to be the dealbreaker of the frame so i won't diss it completely like some other. I however think DE should consider the power again and decide upon changing it or not.

The old passive was crappy in comparrisson to this though, so this one is way more interesting.

Augments.
Sadly i didn't get into the augments so i have no worthwhile input on them.

One thing i am a bit iffy on is the whole toggle ability idea. Many toggled abilities are just not worth it because of their high cost and those that are worth it often suffer compared to other frames who just have activate abilities.
Not to mention how much better a gun can be compared to Wukong trying to smash his enemies with his staff.

Not really a Wukong user, but from the 100+ hours spent with him (Loki scrub here, FYI)

Passive: Well, the passive should never be RNG-based in the first place. Imagine rolling a 4x orb booster or item booster during E/SO. There should be a way of sorts to trigger what.

Celestial Twin: Just make a proper AI and we should be fine. Off topic: Umbra, duality, specters, etc."Tagging" a target sounds good for killing high priority mobs assuming said clone can survive.

Cloud Walker: Was a panic button. Still a panic button.

Defy: RIP immortality. Would suggest damage reduction honestly over armor. Otherwise, welcome change.

Primal Fury: More range is always nice. Being able to "pick your attacks" is awesome. Good change.

Augments: Not gonna touch on the matter. Majority of augments don't fit in/gimmick.

5 hours ago, AntiMomentum said:

It's not scaling damage, despite the damage absorbtion multiplier. People are mistaken on this similar to Octavia.

You're mistaken in assuming I'm referring to Defy, I was in fact referring to the game as a whole.

5 hours ago, AntiMomentum said:

And yes, DE does design at these levels hence the bug fix to Ivara to keep her from soloing wave 565 Hydron

That's not "designing the game at that level", that's fixing a bug.

Come on...

I feel like it'd be great if Wukong could somehow do a difficult task to regain a charge on his revives, since 3 for a single mission seems a bit limiting when some missions may go longer, and ik DE doesn't like when players go super long like in survival but there are some players who do play like that (me), especially because certain survival missions reward you immensely with constant radiant relics every 5 minutes once you go past 80+ minutes.

So maybe give him some way to regain revives, but with extremely hard tasks, such as kill 750 enemies or kill 100 eximus's, or sustain 200,000 damage from enemies. You could even make it RNG to spice it up, since the passive is sort of RNG based rn anyway.

Archived