Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WH1735S0W

Warframes most people like but you dislike

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Monochromeatic said:

-snapple-

Oh look another person who says “You just don’t know how to use the frame, you really suck and need to git gud”. The fact that you’d go to that level already tells me how desperate you are to try and be right about this.

I understand how Revenant works. And I judge him purely on a design perspective where player skill is not a major factor. Also I don’t bring Revenant to anything as I don’t feel like being sick throughout the duration of the mission looking at the backend of a trash Warframe when there are literally 40+ better options.

What are you doing throwing yourself into the explosion of self damage weapons? They are SELF DAMAGE weapons. You talk about the need to “git gud” yet you appear to lack the capability of dodging a simple grenade that you yourself fired.

I said “borderline immortal” meaning that they can die but you have to put in some serious effort into getting yourself killed. Let’s take Nidus for Example. 90% damage reduction from parasitic link, 90% damage reduction from Adaptation, arbitrary % damage reduction from his 1k armor (and throw arcane guardians armor buff on that too), and one of the best passives in the game that makes him literally unkillable.

Revenant doesn’t shine anywhere. Every one of his abilities is completely outclassed by frames that can do what Rev does but 10x better. Want to crowd control? That’s on just about every new frame released, and they’re far better than Enthrall because unlike that ability, they can’t be killed. Want to tank? Take your pick. Nidus, Inaros, Rhino, Chroma, Baruuk, Nezha, etc. Want a movement ability? Literally any of them are better than Reave. Want an AOE damage ability?  Mesa, Equinox, Garuda. You claim that he’s good against levels that other frames struggle against. Well I’m telling you that if you focus your precious “skill” towards any of the frames listed above and they are bound to outperform Revenant.

“He is amazing for Index”. Congratulations! You found the only game mode where Mesmer Skins charges aren’t complete garbage because the enemy density isn’t as high as it is in other gamemodes. Also who brings Nidus to an Arbitration? Ew. I love Nidus but still, don’t bring a frame that requires enemies for their abilities to Arbs. I’ve done 1hr+ Arb runs with Baruuk but you don’t see me praising him like he’s the golden pinnacle of design. Because he’s not, and neither is Revenant.

A Warframe should not require an Arbitration mod to make a single ability function to a similar degree as other abilities of that category. Literally every other tank frame has some method of immediate crowd control to protect them as they recast their tank ability (except Chroma, but he can reset the duration so he doesn’t need breathing room). The fact that Revenant needs an Arbitration mod to do the thing that every tank frame has by default is pathetic. Mods are supposed to enhance abilities, not make excuses for them.

 Let’s go into something you didn’t mention.

AntiSynergies- Revenant is the current record holder for the most amount of AntiSynergies.

1: Danse Macabre destroys Enthralls Damage pillars. Now while the damage pillars are fundamentally useless at least they are trying to do something and the fact that they are just deleted by the ability you should be using the most is bad design.

2: Mesmer Skin actively prevents Danse Macabre from reaching its maximum damage output. Danse Macabre has a little known mechanic where any damage Revenant receives while using the ability will be converted into damage DM deals. Except Mesmer Skin actively disabled enemies meaning every time you get shot you gain an immediate increase to DPS but lose potential DPS because your taking away the things giving you that damage.

You can call me ignorant all you want. But I stand by my argument that Revenant is the worst designed frame in the game. It doesn’t matter how many bells and whistles DE throws onto him. As long as his abilities stay the way they are. Revenant will always be trash. And that’s the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I understand how Revenant works. And I judge him purely on a design perspective where player skill is not a major factor. Also I don’t bring Revenant to anything as I don’t feel like being sick throughout the duration of the mission looking at the backend of a trash Warframe when there are literally 40+ better options.

You've demonstrated to me repeatedly that you really don't. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... because well, you admittedly won't play him for more than 5 minutes (says you yourself in our own correspondence a while back). I am being objective here ... you actually don't know anything about playing Revenant. This is not an opinion either... You just really don't know. Your claims are all a work of your own imagination of playing Revenant.

You know what I think? You don't like Revenant because he doesn't conform with a pure Eidolon theme and all of these other points that you try to make (and fail miserably for the most part) are just an excuse for that. I won't fault you for disliking Revenant for appearing like an Eidolon-themed Warframe with qualities un-Eidolon-like. I do fault you for imagining things about a Warframe you don't and won't play.

36 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You can call me ignorant all you want. But I stand by my argument that Revenant is the worst designed frame in the game. It doesn’t matter how many bells and whistles DE throws onto him. As long as his abilities stay the way they are. Revenant will always be trash. And that’s the truth.

You admitted that you don't and won't play Revenant. You have admitted your own ignorance (repeatedly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monochromeatic said:

The fact you stated that you had to run away to cast mesmer skin says enough in itself, rolling guard is a thing, if you had invested even the slightest bit of time in getting to grips with how he play's you'd would have figured it out.

That's cool. I didn't know that! I usually do one of two things:

1) I Enthrall someone and then cast Mesmer Skin because Enthrall almost immediately takes all focus off of you.

2) I run/jump and then cast Mesmer Skin in mid air.

I will look into Rolling Guard. But I much rather use Natural Talent!

 

You will not convince GearsMatrix of anything. Perusing the Revenant discussions all the way back to his release, you will find his views pretty much the same as they are now. You can even try to explain to him how you play Revenant effectively in all these different types of missions and he will tell you that it doesn't work (I have tried to explain how you can use everything from Enthrall in multiplayer to Mesmer Skin against Grineer). You can show him screenshots of the score screen of Revenant taking 0% damage in higher level content and he will still tell you Mesmer Skin doesn't work well. I am actually a bit surprised that he even agrees that Revenant works great in Index.

That said, GearsMatrix is at least familiar with some of the less known Revenant ability/passive details (like his lame shield depletion passive). But, as you can see, detailed understanding of his ability mechanics on paper is really no substitute for actual in-game experience with the frame. After all, everything GearsMatrix says you can't do or do well with Revenant, you and I do almost everyday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nslay said:

You've demonstrated to me repeatedly that you really don't. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... because well, you admittedly won't play him for more than 5 minutes (says you yourself in our own correspondence a while back). I am being objective here ... you actually don't know anything about playing Revenant. This is not an opinion either... You just really don't know. Your claims are all a work of your own imagination of playing Revenant.

You know what I think? You don't like Revenant because he doesn't conform with a pure Eidolon theme and all of these other points that you try to make (and fail miserably for the most part) are just an excuse for that. I won't fault you for disliking Revenant for appearing like an Eidolon-themed Warframe with qualities un-Eidolon-like. I do fault you for imagining things about a Warframe you don't and won't play.

You admitted that you don't and won't play Revenant. You have admitted your own ignorance (repeatedly).

Hey that 1% play time is more than enough for me to gauge his usefulness. Maybe if he receives more changes that’ll go up to 1.1%. But for now He stays in my arsenal with all his mod loadouts renamed to “trash”. And yes a percentage of my hatred towards him is due to the absolute butcher of his theme, but it’s also because the person who did that to him is the same person who gave him his first 3 powers, they’re also not a game developer who has no business designing anything to be put into a video game but someone still let them make the Nyx rework.

Also, I’m sorry but unless you have actual proof of your claim whatever you say about me is just an opinion. With play percentages being as weird as they are that 1% could be anything from 1 hour to 100 hours.

And if you want me to stop hating Revenant demand a rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volt. I do not consent to Speed boost. I keep backflipping just to cancel the damn speed. Also, I find Volt's 4 is annoying, he keep spamming the thing like its his way of breathing. It doesn't do much damage on higher levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Hey that 1% play time is more than enough for me to gauge his usefulness. Maybe if he receives more changes that’ll go up to 1.1%. But for now He stays in my arsenal with all his mod loadouts renamed to “trash”. And yes a percentage of my hatred towards him is due to the absolute butcher of his theme, but it’s also because the person who did that to him is the same person who gave him his first 3 powers, they’re also not a game developer who has no business designing anything to be put into a video game but someone still let them make the Nyx rework.

Also, I’m sorry but unless you have actual proof of your claim whatever you say about me is just an opinion. With play percentages being as weird as they are that 1% could be anything from 1 hour to 100 hours.

And if you want me to stop hating Revenant demand a rework.

You understand that when you wrote that you had built Revenant to have 28 some odd Mesmer Skin stacks and had trouble surviving, that you almost completely lost all credibility? And this is followed by a string of claims and observations that fly in the face of actual experience with Revenant... problems that you don't experience when you have played Revenant and know how to play Revenant.

The problem here is that you don't know how to play Revenant. It's that simple. I have spent hundreds of hours with him now and none of your observations are even close to reality. You imagine shortcomings solely based on your understanding of his abilities on paper. I am telling you (and the poster you responded to also told you, and many others before him have told you) that you are almost completely wrong on almost every count from Enthrall to Mesmber Skin to Danse Macabre. You really have no idea what you're talking about!

Look, why would I play Revenant for hundreds of hours from anything from Arbitrations or Sorties or Index or Ropalolyst or whatever if he's so bad? Because he's actually pretty good at all these different missions and against all factions (particularly because he's easy mode for surviving almost anything!). He's one of the best tanks in the game while having an array of abilities covering a variety of challenges and situations. You nitpick his abilities because other frames can nuke better or can do CC better. But none of those frames survive like Revenant. And I consider Reave his most powerful skill since it can one-two shot almost anything regardless of its level, armor, life, etc...

P.S. By the way, I take 0% damage in Grineer/Corpus/Corrupted/Infested Arbitrations (Defense/Survival/whatever... doesn't matter)... and I do it with 13 stacks to your 28 or so... I also revive lots of players in Arbitrations (because the orange index points don't actually effect Revenant).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something about Chroma just doesn't click with me. I've always just wrote it off as being a playstyle thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nslay said:

 

P.S. By the way, I take 0% damage in Grineer/Corpus/Corrupted/Infested Arbitrations (Defense/Survival/whatever... doesn't matter)... and I do it with 13 stacks to your 28 or so... I also revive lots of players in Arbitrations (because the orange index points don't actually effect Revenant).

Guess what. Rhino can do that exact Same thing. So can Limbo and Baruuk. Surprise 0% damage taken isn’t special.

Also. I never claimed I had trouble surviving with 28 charges. I said that even with 28 charges they still dropped incredible fast. Please. If you’re going to accuse someone of the same thing every single post keep it consistent. Also it’s wasn’t a build, it was from Arbitration’s 300% power str bonus.

And again, you’re just another “You just don’t know how to play him. Git gud scrub” people who I can’t take seriously. If I wanted my intellect insulted I’d do something genuinely stupid like say Mesa is bad. At least then the people who would be telling me I’m wrong would actually have a valid point to make.

And as to why you would play Revenant in all these different game modes? Seems more like an act of self loathing or actually enjoying the frame.

I’ve said this countless times. He’s not one of the best tanks. Mesmer charges was something that worked fine in Archwing on Amesha, but their as effective as a wet tissue in normal gameplay. And 100% damage reduction doesn’t justify an ability that doesn’t last long. Reave cannot one-two shot anything. It can only 1-2 shot thralls. Of which there can only be 7 of at a time. That you have to steer over with a worse version of Cloudwalker. Not that any of that matters because your squadmate with his kripath zaw just killed all those thralls and all the enemies surrounding them. But why do any of that when you have Garuda who can 1 shot a group of any number of enemies within 5 seconds.

Also, constantly repeating “You don’t know how to play Revenant” doesn’t magically make that statement true. It just makes it look like you have no valid counterpoint to my arguments (because there are none *highfive*).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blatantfool said:

Something about Chroma just doesn't click with me. I've always just wrote it off as being a playstyle thing.

I always found that he requires far too much investment on all these different things just to be a weapon buffing tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And again, you’re just another “You just don’t know how to play him. Git gud scrub” people who I can’t take seriously. If I wanted my intellect insulted I’d do something genuinely stupid like say Mesa is bad. At least then the people who would be telling me I’m wrong would actually have a valid point to make.

I'm not trying to insult your intellect. I am pointing out your ignorance of Revenant. You point out a lot of problems and situations with him that don't really exist. It is obvious to anyone who seriously plays Revenant that you don't play Revenant and don't know how to play him. Do you realize that? It's no leap of logic that when you claim something so completely divergent from experience that one could conclude that you don't know what you're talking about! Almost every critique you have does not reflect actual game play experience with Revenant. Therefore, you almost certainly don't play Revenant and don't know how to play him.

And you know what's worse? People have corrected you, have debated with you, have explained how to play Revenant with you, have even shown you screenshots. I'm one of those people! Even other posts like Ranking of Tanks with discussion from multiple posters about Mesmer Skin... Revenant was ultimately ranked #2 for tanks by that poster... It's astounding that you continue make these claims. You cannot be convinced or reasoned with! You won't even see for yourself by playing Revenant.

Don't get me wrong, I respect you as the veteran Warframe player you are. You're clearly an experienced player. But do you see me critiquing frames I'm not familiar with the way you do? Because you're clearly not familiar with Revenant beyond what's written on paper.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’ve said this countless times. He’s not one of the best tanks. Mesmer charges was something that worked fine in Archwing on Amesha, but their as effective as a wet tissue in normal gameplay.

Look! This is a great example! See this? This flies in the face of any actual experience with Revenant. People have literally shown you screenshots of their score screen of Mesmer Skin working so effectively as to take 0% damage in sorties/arbitrations. There was even a ranking of tanks post a while back where Revenant is placed #2 because of how effective Mesmer Skin is. Multiple posters even pointed it out to the OP in that thread. But don't let any of this stand your way. Continue to claim it doesn't work well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really dislike any warframe.
Each has their use. Either in terms of gameplay, or fulfilling a niche, or just fulfilling my mood or desired fashion frame of the day.

 

I do dislike some people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nslay said:

I'm not trying to insult your intellect. I am pointing out your ignorance of Revenant. You point out a lot of problems and situations with him that don't really exist. It is obvious to anyone who seriously plays Revenant that you don't play Revenant and don't know how to play him. Do you realize that? It's no leap of logic that when you claim something so completely divergent from experience that one could conclude that you don't know what you're talking about! Almost every critique you have does not reflect actual game play experience with Revenant. Therefore, you almost certainly don't play Revenant and don't know how to play him.

And you know what's worse? People have corrected you, have debated with you, have explained how to play Revenant with you, have even shown you screenshots. I'm one of those people! Even other posts like Ranking of Tanks with discussion from multiple posters about Mesmer Skin... Revenant was ultimately ranked #2 for tanks by that poster... It's astounding that you continue make these claims. You cannot be convinced or reasoned with! You won't even see for yourself by playing Revenant.

Don't get me wrong, I respect you as the veteran Warframe player you are. You're clearly an experienced player. But do you see me critiquing frames I'm not familiar with the way you do? Because you're clearly not familiar with Revenant beyond what's written on paper.

Look! This is a great example! See this? This flies in the face of any actual experience with Revenant. People have literally shown you screenshots of their score screen of Mesmer Skin working so effectively as to take 0% damage in sorties/arbitrations. There was even a ranking of tanks post a while back where Revenant is placed #2 because of how effective Mesmer Skin is. Multiple posters even pointed it out to the OP in that thread. But don't let any of this stand your way. Continue to claim it doesn't work well.

To be fair though, just because he works doesn't mean that there aren't some fundamental, indisputable problems with revenant. And although i don't personally think that he needs a complete redesign, i DO however believe that some things are still not quite as effective as they should, and that some are just flat out useless. my main issues with him are pretty much the following :

  • mesmer skin is good, yes. but it's also woefully out of place in terms of his mechanics, as its very existence makes the following parts of his kit pointless : his passive, his ability to generate overshields, his ability to leech health and shields (outside of the one-shot thing), and his ability to absorb damage with his 4 before sending it back. as such, you end up with an ability that makes a VERY substantial part of what he does absolutely unusable, as mesmer skin is just too good to pass up! 
  • reave, when cast outside of his 4, is still too slow AND too expensive. On top of that, it really doesn't provide much outside of the aforementioned one shot trick, which while neat, is simply not enough to make an ability worthwhile. it stands in an awkward spot where it can't decide whether it wants to provide utility, deal damage or give mobility, and ends up not doing any of them well.
  • enthrall in general. You know what ? fine, you can justify the friendly fire if you want, whatever, but that's not really what bugs me about the ability anymore. The ability is incredibly buggy and unreliable, your thrall pool is diluted with versions that don't leave a pillar, and speaking about these pillars...
  • the pillars... don't deal any damage. sure, it might kill enemies up to level 40, but beyond that, you'll be better off throwing rocks at your foes. there's many different ways DE could've gone about giving it scaling (maybe don't make it PUNCTURE of all things), but they instead left it as a meager afterthought that doesn't really do anything. if the bug that creates ''inferior thralls'' was fixed, this WOULD be fine, as the projectiles would instead become a way for you to recycle your energy, but as it stands ? it's just not good enough.
  • danse macabre's costs are ridiculous, especially the boosted version. it's already restricted by line of sight, elevation AND movement, but somehow still costs more than peacemaker (which is just gross btw), and you can't even mod the status chance !
  • the passive is pointless. it'd be awesome on most other frames, but it's absolutely useless on him.
  • the ability to detonate pillars shouldn't be linked with his 4. IF they really want to keep ''blowing up your resources'' as a mechanic, they need to either restrict it (by having this effect only on the boosted version)m or make it an inherent part of his 1, say, by allowing you to destroy a pillar you're aiming it while pressing his first ability.
  • the reave + mesmer skin synergies are all terrible. since mesmer skin charges still work in decimals instead of full numbers, there's no reason for reave to NOT  give them back based on power strength. as for the ability to give allies one charge, i... don't think i need to say why that's not good.

Revenant works, yeah. No he isn't bad, but he's still riddled with problems that, while minor, add up when you have so many of them, which he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

-wall of text-

Its pretty obvious you just like to bash on revenant without much evidence to support your claim, you keep saying x frame is better while admitting you won't even play as him for 5minutes, how could you possibly come to the conclusion his entire set is awful when you've only used him briefly on low levels? By that logic any frame can be good or bad. Loki is really bad, I don't like how he looks and he doesn't do anything someone else can do better so hes a bad frame, it only took me one level 30 extermination mission to figure this out. You realize how much of a strawman argument is? and you can substitute any frame into it? If I un-ironically said loki was bad because his use wasn't warranted on low levels I'd look foolish, which is exactly what you are doing.

"you are so desperate to prove a point" so you admit that I have proven my point yet decide to just dismiss it because you don't like it. Nidus is not immortal, he is tanky for sure, beefy spaghetti boi and a fantastic frame but on arbs missions hes not the best choice, drones make enemies immune to spaghetti ball, they instantly remove parasitic link and even with all those damage reductions MOT enemies will still put you down in 2-3 shots.

"hes not one of the best tanks" at not moment did I specifically say he was a tank frame, you are the one fixated on calling him one and trying to compare a caster frame to a traditional tank, you are not supposed to just stand there and let enemies try to kill you. You are telling me hes bad and that his kit is garbage yet people have done insane endurance runs with him, if hes bad how are people doing it, you've not made a counter argument at all just say hes bad with nothing to back it up.

Here is an arbs run I did. It was very, very easy by using his immunity to self damage to make the most of secura penta to take out drones, and then I even used my grattler because it was -fun- . I'm not claiming hes the best frame or best endurance frame, I am stating hes not bad, and out of all the "best" endurance frames such as octavia, ivara, ash, loki, etc hes one of few that doesn't have to spend the entire time in stealth so I get to enjoy the game.EE3AF1C9D0D334E508FE251828D35A264459A02C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Hey that 1% play time is more than enough for me to gauge his usefulness. Maybe if he receives more changes that’ll go up to 1.1%. But for now He stays in my arsenal with all his mod loadouts renamed to “trash”. And yes a percentage of my hatred towards him is due to the absolute butcher of his theme, but it’s also because the person who did that to him is the same person who gave him his first 3 powers, they’re also not a game developer who has no business designing anything to be put into a video game but someone still let them make the Nyx rework.

Also, I’m sorry but unless you have actual proof of your claim whatever you say about me is just an opinion. With play percentages being as weird as they are that 1% could be anything from 1 hour to 100 hours.

And if you want me to stop hating Revenant demand a rework.

I'll be honest here. When I heard about revenant being an eidolon frame I was expecting someone much better. And for his thralls to be killable they are practically useless especially if you have teammates. His Mesmer skin is decent. Reave sucks. And there are plenty of abilities that are better and more efficient than his laser show. Idk what his passive is and I don't care to look it up. But personally revenant isn't a good frame and I do agree with GearsMatrix. They should redo him considering nothing he does is "eidolon" related. Just his appearance is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, (XB1)Panda Raidz said:

I'll be honest here. When I heard about revenant being an eidolon frame I was expecting someone much better. And for his thralls to be killable they are practically useless especially if you have teammates. His Mesmer skin is decent. Reave sucks. And there are plenty of abilities that are better and more efficient than his laser show. Idk what his passive is and I don't care to look it up. But personally revenant isn't a good frame and I do agree with GearsMatrix. They should redo him considering nothing he does is "eidolon" related. Just his appearance is.

If you play solo, Revenant works best, in my opinion. With reduced enemy spawns, he can easily have one half fighting the other with the thralls. No one is killing them unless you do it yourself. Not every mission requires everything to be dead, like Interception and Sortie Assassinations. This ability is pretty handy in that latter scenario. You can line up shots on the boss without much stress at all. Mesmer Skin lets you eat the few shots that might come your way. It's really hard to fail at this. I don't really care much for Reave and Disco Dancing but it's there if you need it I suppose, haha.

I will admit, this isn't everyone's cup of tea and not everyone likes to play solo all the time. If you like how Nyx played pre-recent tweak, he's pretty similar to that. He has actually entirely replaced Nyx since her update, for me, in that regard.

*****

To answer the original question: Volt. It's so uncontested that it's galaxies apart. This frame is absolutely responsible for my mostly solo play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mesa, Chroma, Saryn, Valkyr.

They are just boring or serve only one purpose.

For me the only frames that are good, are the ones that can do any mission type regardless of enemy lvl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

If you play solo, Revenant works best, in my opinion. With reduced enemy spawns, he can easily have one half fighting the other with the thralls. No one is killing them unless you do it yourself. Not every mission requires everything to be dead, like Interception and Sortie Assassinations. This ability is pretty handy in that latter scenario. You can line up shots on the boss without much stress at all. Mesmer Skin lets you eat the few shots that might come your way. It's really hard to fail at this. I don't really care much for Reave and Disco Dancing but it's there if you need it I suppose, haha.

Exactly my thought on him. Such an under rated frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Most people I see with him don't really do much. They either spin, or just stand there collecting orbs for Health Conversion. You wanna tell me that's gameplay?:D

Far more willing to accept that people playing WF generally kinda suck at it.  

Okay? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Monochromeatic said:

Its pretty obvious you just like to bash on revenant without much evidence to support your claim, you keep saying x frame is better while admitting you won't even play as him for 5minutes, how could you possibly come to the conclusion his entire set is awful when you've only used him briefly on low levels? By that logic any frame can be good or bad. Loki is really bad, I don't like how he looks and he doesn't do anything someone else can do better so hes a bad frame, it only took me one level 30 extermination mission to figure this out. You realize how much of a strawman argument is? and you can substitute any frame into it? If I un-ironically said loki was bad because his use wasn't warranted on low levels I'd look foolish, which is exactly what you are doing.

"you are so desperate to prove a point" so you admit that I have proven my point yet decide to just dismiss it because you don't like it. Nidus is not immortal, he is tanky for sure, beefy spaghetti boi and a fantastic frame but on arbs missions hes not the best choice, drones make enemies immune to spaghetti ball, they instantly remove parasitic link and even with all those damage reductions MOT enemies will still put you down in 2-3 shots.

"hes not one of the best tanks" at not moment did I specifically say he was a tank frame, you are the one fixated on calling him one and trying to compare a caster frame to a traditional tank, you are not supposed to just stand there and let enemies try to kill you. You are telling me hes bad and that his kit is garbage yet people have done insane endurance runs with him, if hes bad how are people doing it, you've not made a counter argument at all just say hes bad with nothing to back it up.

Here is an arbs run I did. It was very, very easy by using his immunity to self damage to make the most of secura penta to take out drones, and then I even used my grattler because it was -fun- . I'm not claiming hes the best frame or best endurance frame, I am stating hes not bad, and out of all the "best" endurance frames such as octavia, ivara, ash, loki, etc hes one of few that doesn't have to spend the entire time in stealth so I get to enjoy the game.EE3AF1C9D0D334E508FE251828D35A264459A02C

1: If you haven’t noticed I’ve been hyperbolizing a lot of claims involving myself. You can continue to say “You don’t play Revenant so you’re not one to talk” all you want, but that doesn’t make you right. What do you constitute as “low level”? Because I can promise you I’m not judging his performance on how well he does on E prime. And in terms of going against level 20bajillion enemies. Surviving that is redundant. There’s no reason to need to survive to that level. So there’s no need for an ability to last to that level. Not to mention frames has already been doing that before Revenant so all you’re really looking for is bragging rights which if you really want the right to brag you’d use the worst possible frame for endurance runs.

2: my quote was “you are desperate to try and prove a point” not “you are desperate to prove a point”. Stop twisting my words to try and make yourself look right. Also, I literally said don’t bring Nidus to Arbitration’s in my post. Also, there’s a reason Nidus’s second ability is a CC ability, its so you can CC enemies. And keep them from trying to kill you. All while making killing them easier.

3: Mesmer Skin is an ability that reduces damage taken at the cost of its own resource. If you don’t want to call that a tank ability go right ahead, but it’s literally doing what several tank abilities do, tho in its own crumby way. Also that screenshot you took puts 14 other people who lasted longer than you. Well and it’s pretty safe to assume that at least one of those people was not using Revenant. It’s not hard to understand that people use his Mesmer Skin to tank ridiculous amounts of damage. But I already said such a feat is redundant. And you can’t tell me “He’s not the best endurance frame” while constantly telling me he can tank the explosion of a collapsing star. That’s self contradiction. 100% damage reduction isn’t bad, but the way it was implemented with Mesmer Skin is terrible design. You excuse needing Rolling Guard to give the same breathing room as other tank frames have as a good thing ffs.

Overall, you will never convince me that Revenant is a good frame. He is far too much of a flawed abomination for that consideration to be a possibility. Also way to completely skip over his anti-synergies that I mentioned.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

If you play solo, Revenant works best, in my opinion. With reduced enemy spawns, he can easily have one half fighting the other with the thralls. No one is killing them unless you do it yourself. Not every mission requires everything to be dead, like Interception and Sortie Assassinations. This ability is pretty handy in that latter scenario. You can line up shots on the boss without much stress at all. Mesmer Skin lets you eat the few shots that might come your way. It's really hard to fail at this. I don't really care much for Reave and Disco Dancing but it's there if you need it I suppose, haha.

I will admit, this isn't everyone's cup of tea and not everyone likes to play solo all the time. If you like how Nyx played pre-recent tweak, he's pretty similar to that. He has actually entirely replaced Nyx since her update, for me, in that regard.

Any frame can seem good in solo play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate every frame that is able to troll teammates:

Nova with a speed build, on high levels can destroy your team easily.

Limbo can ban enemies and you will not be able to kill them, can block boxes and switches and you can just quit.

Gara and Frost with stupid obtrusive energy colors are a secured  headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

I hate every frame that is able to troll teammates:

Nova with a speed build, on high levels can destroy your team easily.

Speedva makes defense missions tolerable. I bring her for those.

I do see your point though. I accidentally brought my Speedva to an excavation Arbie and it didn't go well at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a part of Saryn's target audience in any aspect so I shelved her and prime as mastery fodder after maxing. But she's one of the most popular, and even useful when others play her but unlikely I would. I'm also not sure how she dodged all the nerfs other frames got for doing the same thing, even Mag and her gpull through walls (seriously, why?). And RIP my fav frame Ash who still has the worst rework in game due to the awful-feeling mark mechanic that Mesa got the more rational version of.

That's pretty much it unless Titania and Zephyr are popular in some alternate realities. 

I currently hate Wukong still despite his rising popularity but that will change with his deluxe skin.

On 2019-06-13 at 4:12 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

- Nidus -
I am not fond of Skill Spamming and Nidus does it the most. People i see playing him practically dont use weapons, they just spam 1 the whole mission.

Well they force Nidus to, to use his mechanic. Male frames aren't allowed to do high damage without a lot of restrictions/requirements beyond energy pool and you get to shoot the cute katamari he makes while he's using his skills. 😶 Why does it bother you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...