Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connection Lost On Mission Launch

fredbred

I get very often these problems (in order of frequency):

- disconnects on host migration (99.9% of all migration)

- staying alone when host is migrated to me (100% when the host changes to me; this is particularly frustrating in defense missions)

- the mission start breaks (5% of mission start, cannot leave the lobby for couple of sec then I get the message mission start failed, even if I try to start on my own; this is particularly worrying for alerts, where this happens in 50% not rarely 3 time in a row)

I have disabled the maximum ping requirement in options.

Especially the first error gets very frustrating, because it sometime happens after the mission is nearly completed (eg after a tough fight).

Since we dont know the reason for host migration, we cannot take steps to improve things (bad internet connection, slow pc, host disconnected etc), therefore, a more informative message why the host is being migrated and , ultimately when it fails, what failed would be very helpful. Also a option to disable migration of hosting to myself (if I for example know that the quality of my shared internet connection is changing all the time) can help.

Thank you for the great game and your good work!

Do you use AVG Antivir ? I found out that this S#&$ piece of code program checks every single file on startup, every single time you use it if not adjusted otherwise. Also it needs 3 exception rules before it lets a program communicate freely.

Id suggest checking your Firewall and Antivir for exception rules. Otherwise, create them for Warframe. What also could help is Port Forwarding. You have to create 2 specific NAT rules in your router settings for that. If you use Windows Vista and above, make it a standard that Warframe is used as Admin.

thanks for the quick response.

I use the MS Security Essential as my anti virus.

Firewall - I think that if this would be the problem, than no lan game could be started or I would not be able to complete any migration. I am rank 4 now and have experienced I would say 4 successful migratoins, whereby 400 have failed. I have a look through the rules though

thanks