Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

676/342 Hours On Steam/warframe, Mastery Rank 6

AlchemistMute

I can't answer because I have used a fair amount of plat...but to be sure you understand, Mastery is only gained by leveling new frames/weapons/sentinels to 30. So unless you are constantly cycling out or buying new slots, it can be hard to get a high rank. I have a similar play time and im around mastery 10, but I have a large stable of frames and weapons.

I can't answer because I have used a fair amount of plat...but to be sure you understand, Mastery is only gained by leveling new frames/weapons/sentinels to 30. So unless you are constantly cycling out or buying new slots, it can be hard to get a high rank. I have a similar play time and im around mastery 10, but I have a large stable of frames and weapons.

Umm, you would think someone with that many posts/that high of a playtime already knows this stuff. I just wanna know if this is normal. I know it's possible..

I'm ~180-200 hours into the game and I'm Mastery 7, though I haven't done any T3 missions apart from that 1 T3 Exterminate that I got disconnected right before I got extraction. 

I'm kind of a proof that Mastery Rank != Gameplay experience.

...all I really want is that Braton Prime, damnit.

Edited by qqchurch

161h, 50m playtime. I'm only Rank 5 Mastery.

I really want Synapse, since I love arc-caster weaponry, but doubt I'll see Rank 8 Mastery for a really long time.

Edit: Why do I have over 1.1mil gross income higher than you, with less than half of your playtime?

Edited by Grascen

Depends; Did you play a lot on maxed out Warframes or with maxed out weapons ? If you dont "level" Mastery Rank by leveling new weapons and frames you can play 1000 hours and be Mastery Rank 3 with Excalibur, Braton MK1, Lato and Skana.

F.e: Im Mastery Rank 10 with around 600 hours of gameplay. I could be 12 by now but i have found my favorite weapons and frames.

Edited by corpseshock

Well, most people make Mastery Rank and maxed out weapons their goal. Another common goal is owning every weapon and Frame. With all this play time, I'd at least have one completed. I feel kinda.. stupid. Out of place?

I just focus on making the weapons and frames i like into what i want them to be. Like getting my maxed Vitality-Steel Fiber-Equilibrium-Rage-Rejuvenation-Saryn done.

Also having fun. Fun is important.

Edited by Bionicme

IIRC I reached mastery rank 12 at around... 750-ish hours on Steam/450-ish hours in-game. That quad affinity weekend event was great for ranking up the garbage weapons lol. :D

Anyway, it's disappointing that there are still no rewards for high mastery ranks so everything above rank 7 is pointless (or is it rank 8 for the Synapse rifle but then again with the absurd crafting costs on that...I digress, that's a different matter altogether).

Well, most people make Mastery Rank and maxed out weapons their goal. Another common goal is owning every weapon and Frame. With all this play time, I'd at least have one completed. I feel kinda.. stupid. Out of place?

Not really important I think. Every player has their prefered playstile, hard to define whats "normal" or to say someone is stupid because they don't care about mastery rank.

I myself have mastery rank 9 (213k mastery) with 280 hours played. Half of that time I spent sitting on mastery 4 without gaining a single mastery point, just playing everything with frost/gorgon/akbolto/scindo because I loved that settup.

Then rank 7 weapons came and I started mastering everything I could. Now I have grown to enjoy trying weapons out and ranking them up to 30, as well as frames (got them all to 30 except ash and nekro which are next).

My point is, as long as you are having fun whatever your objective in the game is, should be considered normal.

It's truly very peculiar how for the majority of players, as much time is spent out of missions than in them.

So for every five minutes in a run, you're spending 5 minutes screwing around in the Arsenal.

It's strange how Warframe does that, usually I can't stand menus.

BUT I LOVE IT

Steam counts in all the hours/minutes whatever while you're in the game. Wether its being AFK or BRB or just chilling in region chat. 
Warframe only counts in your actual playingtime while in missions etc.

Edit: lol you said that^ Im stupid :<

I am mastery rank 6 to, soon to be 7. And I've been playing for 220 hours. I think its normal. Because honestly, I spend most of my time using Formas and maxing out 2-3 weapons instead of leveling up lots of new ones. Im lazy like that. :>

Edited by Playur

I have had the game open and logged in for 676 hours, and I have played 342 hours in a mission. Despite all this time spent on the game, I'm only Mastery Rank 6. Is this normal? Is it a good or bad thing? Share your thoughts.

I would guess that you have not been concentrating on leveling weapons and frames. I hit mastery 7 about 2 weeks before U10, probably somewhere between 150 and 175 hours played (but that did include double affinity weekend and the affinity boost that Raptr gave out).