Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A discussion on Wukong's upcoming new Passive.

AnOldAlias

I do hope this thread is alright, considering the potential controversy that may surround it.

By no means am I shouting for "NERF! NERF IT NOW!", at all. In fact, I think it's a pretty great idea, given the most recent loot nerf's, it's good to have options.

But, what I want to discuss about Wukong's new passive is this part:

Passive

• 5 Levels of Immortality: Wukong has learned 5 techniques to avoid death whenever he takes fatal damage. Wukong will be randomly allowed 3 of these techniques per mission to avoid death 3 times. Each technique will make Wukong invulnerable for 2 seconds, restore 50% health, and provide a unique buff.
    1. Primal Forces: Triple elemental damage for 60 seconds
    2. Heavenly Cloak: Invisibility for 30 seconds
    3. Cosmic Armour: Invulnerable for 30 seconds
    4. Monkey Luck: Extra loot drops for 60 seconds
    5. Sly Alchemy: Orbs 4x more effective for 60 seconds

Basically(formatting doesn't allow me to put my thing back to the left, need to learn how to do this), what I want to talk about is the highlighted(bold) one.

Based off of some reddit posts I've seen, people are rather interested if this will stay in, and what it will affect(people are assuming it will also affect Kuva), as if it affects everything, people will start 'killing' themselves to trigger the buff(should self damage death cause the passive to trigger), if they should get it.

Do you think this bolded part should stay in? If not, why? If so, why? And in general terms, what do you think of his new passive? Good? Bad?

That sounds like drop chance not drop multiplier, and if so wouldn't affect Kuva at all.

Assuming I'm right, I don't think it would be a problem at all. If you're going to go into a mission and kill yourself three times to try to get a buff that may not even roll for that mission (you could proc the invisibility all three times, for instance); you may as well just play Nekros, not have to kill yourself at all, and have increased drops for as long as you wish instead of for only 60 seconds.

Why shouldnt it stay in? It is a 60sec buff decided by RNGsus or Lootcifer. If people wanna kill themselves for that in order to try and get 200 (I assume) more Kuva from 1 siphon in a whole kuva survival run I say let them.

The only question I have is. Will people rage quit the mission if they wont get the loot buff they want? Cos if they do, the buff really needs to stay because such S#&$ is hilarious. It's funny cos many people obsess about such buffs without realizing that they lose more on jumping in and out of missions trying to triggering it compared to just running the mission the regular way.

Also his passive is a massive improvement over his old. It is worth 45 stacks for nidus.

It's a chance to gain extra drops for 60 entire seconds you can potentially get after dying up to three times if it even rolled that buff as one for your mission.

There is a lot of pointless min-maxing that people do in this game but that might just be the worst if anyone tries to intentionally go for it.

As far as the actual question posed: It's overall better than a lot of other passives. The bonuses themselves won't ever matter that much since there is no proper way to plan for which you'll receive (from what we know) and a 30-60 second buff isn't going to accomplish much; missions are either be too short or too long for it to matter.

If you can suicide to trigger the buff then it will be useful. Otherwise people will just suicide with enemies and dragon keys for kuva. If it is a drop chance booster then it is useless.

Rivens are abysmal grind when you look at the probabilities, so I hope they keep it. The reality is though that they removed suiciding resetting the charm buff timer allowing for a quick succession of chances to proc the resource buff, so they will probably remove this too.

I don't think it'll be a problem. I think it'll work like Loki's safeguard decoy. AKA self damage is instant death, no bleedout.

I'm wanting to see how his new defy will work, other than in dev stream. I tend to use him a lot for tougher sorties, arbitrations and any new content.

Usually arbitrations, I can wind up dying three times, just from bringing a person back from death lol

A) Press this button to play normally. 

B) Press this button to get a chance to get more resources sno number mentioned probably 50%) but you have to kill yourself first. And there is no guaranteed chance (only 20%). 

Me : Takes slasher Nekros and rngkitty  and presses no button. 

14 hours ago, AnOldAlias said:
  • Monkey Luck: Extra loot drops for 60 seconds

Wait..... did they learn literally nothing with Nekros that people don't like constantly having to hit a button to glean extra loots? Also since thy nerfed loot frames across the board (I assume that's still in place) getting a bonus loot ability is kinda butts these days. 

Aside from "I thought we weren't doing extra loot anymore" being my initial reaction, I don't think it's that abusable, period. You've got a 20% chance of it being the thing, anyway, and you get to use it 3 times max, unless they've coded it so you won't get the same passive feature twice. 

So at most, you've got 3 minutes of extra loot drops if the same passive bonus can come up multiple times. Most likely, you can attempt to kill yourself for 1 minute of extra loot. If that's your thing, I don't think anyone else is going to care. 

The passive itself is nothing more than the frame basically has three extra revives.  As for the extra loot passive it's not going to be a reliable it's just a mild bonus... you're basically getting an occasional nekros for 1 minute.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

20 hours ago, AnOldAlias said:

I do hope this thread is alright, considering the potential controversy that may surround it.

By no means am I shouting for "NERF! NERF IT NOW!", at all. In fact, I think it's a pretty great idea, given the most recent loot nerf's, it's good to have options.

Passive

• 5 Levels of Immortality: Wukong has learned 5 techniques to avoid death whenever he takes fatal damage. Wukong will be randomly allowed 3 of these techniques per mission to avoid death 3 times. Each technique will make Wukong invulnerable for 2 seconds, restore 50% health, and provide a unique buff.

Basically(formatting doesn't allow me to put my thing back to the left, need to learn how to do this), what I want to talk about is the highlighted(bold) one.

Based off of some reddit posts I've seen, people are rather interested if this will stay in, and what it will affect(people are assuming it will also affect Kuva), as if it affects everything, people will start 'killing' themselves to trigger the buff(should self damage death cause the passive to trigger), if they should get it.

Do you think this bolded part should stay in? If not, why? If so, why? And in general terms, what do you think of his new passive? Good? Bad?

It's a random choice of three (out of five) and you can only use it three times per mission.  So, once per mission, you might *sometimes* get extra loot drops.  But even if Monkey Luck is randomly picked, you won't be able to choose which one triggers, and you might have to kill yourself three times to trigger it.  If you're unlucky and it doesn't go off until the third try.

I really don't see how any of the buffs are possible to abuse, since there is at least two layers of RNG between you and any specific buff.

I think the potential new passive fits for the Monkey King.  It's powerful, but not reliable.  He'll do *something* interesting or useful, but you have no idea what, and no way to control it.

23 hours ago, AnOldAlias said:

Passive

Upon further thought, I realize that maybe his passive should be changed to be like iron renewal or venari body guard, that way you could escape more than three times, and it would make it so you have to play well and utilize his Abilities in between cool downs. He could still gain the buffs, but you wouldn't be allowed to gain more than 3-5 times a game.