Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ropalolyst - Eidolons should drop arcanes & low replayability

CuteFoxyFox

If Ropalolyst is an Eidolon in my opinion it should drop arcanes as well as Teralyst and his buddies.

I think the drop table should be build in a way so Bronze Arcane is 100% reward UNLESS you are lucky and get Gold/Silver/Diamond one, then Bronze get replaced with more rare drop,

Ofcourse % would be low BUT i think there should be a way to get arcanes from it because:

1. It is an Eidolon like others

2. Some players do not like or do not have pcs good enough for PoE and so can not or do not want to get arcanes because of it

Also the boss fight was introduced a lot time ago on devstream and took a lot time to prepare. In my opinion, we should serve it justice and make it more interesting and replayable more than 4 times. Work that was put into that, lore, coding, projecting etc. i think 4-5 times does not exactly serve it justice. It should have more replayability options not in a way to force players to do so, but to give the option for the players that want so.

Thank you for reading

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

If Ropalolyst is an Eidolon in my opinion it should drop arcanes as well as Teralyst and his buddies.

I think the drop table should be build in a way so Bronze Arcane is 100% reward UNLESS you are lucky and get Gold/Silver/Diamond one, then Bronze get replaced with more rare drop,

Ofcourse % would be low BUT i think there should be a way to get arcanes from it because:

2. Some players do not like or do not have pcs good enough for PoE and so can not or do not want to get arcanes because of it

Also the boss fight was introduced a lot time ago on devstream and took a lot time to prepare. In my opinion, we should serve it justice and make it more interesting and replayable more than 4 times. Work that was put into that, lore, coding, projecting etc. i think 4-5 times does not exactly serve it justice. It should have more replayability options not in a way to force players to do so, but to give the option for the players that want so.

Thank you for reading

In my opinion, I wouldn't want arcanes, because I don't really bother with them - too much RNG. I would want a different reward, something new, that long-time players can play for.

6 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

So, the other Eidolons are dropping Amalgam mods right? Perhaps there is a reason that this boss has got loot that is not Arcanes.

7 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

So, because people don’t want to do something DE should make it really easy for them? This is not logical. This is down to the players, they are given a method, if they say “I don’t want to” that’s their problem. DE does not have to do provide alternative acquisition methods.

• If PoE doesn’t run on your PC. That’s your fault. Any PC that meets minimum specs should run it. 

It doesn't drop Arcanes for the same reason it doesn't drop Cores or Shards; if people could run a solo-able boss at any time of day and not have a significant chance of failure, then it'd destroy any need to run Eidolons if they didn't drop any unique loot.

If the Arcane drop rate from the Rope was low enough for it to be a factor, then it's just balancing through player frustration. Either you're farming Eidolons and facing a harder challenge, or you're farming the Rope and facing tedious RNG. It's not solving a problem if the process is deliberately designed to be frustrating.

38 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

If Ropalolyst is an Eidolon 

It's not though. There is some lore that is still floating around about it being an Eidolon though. But that is because it was initially just meant as another plains boss. It is no longer so.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

Are people really fine with running the boss 4-5 times then forgetting about it?

Yes and no; perfect example of this is Tyl Regor:

• design is fabulous
  • voice is sexy
  • place in Warframe lore, it's ok
  • farming for Equinox - you're either lucky or not; and when you're not, you just want to get the parts that's eluding you and never come back to him again

If the mechanic you tied to them upsets the player, but it has no future to be changed, player will just forget about them out of spite once they're done with them. 

Edited by NekroArts

Am 14.6.2019 um 02:13 schrieb YUNoJump:

It doesn't drop Arcanes for the same reason it doesn't drop Cores or Shards; if people could run a solo-able boss at any time of day and not have a significant chance of failure, then it'd destroy any need to run Eidolons if they didn't drop any unique loot.

If the Arcane drop rate from the Rope was low enough for it to be a factor, then it's just balancing through player frustration. Either you're farming Eidolons and facing a harder challenge, or you're farming the Rope and facing tedious RNG. It's not solving a problem if the process is deliberately designed to be frustrating.

What kind of logic is this..? Chance of failure? ARE YOU SERIOUS? If you fail to kill a Teralyst within 45 minutes, then you shouldn't be playing the game at all.

For real, how about less rewards, so people who (want) play solo can somewhat farm cores and shards too? Your ridiculous sentiment makes zero sense, and no one at DE would ever make it so the Ropalolyst would ever give more rewards than Tridolon, even with the night "downtime". 

Seriously though, calling Eidolons "hard" is one of the most laughable things I have ever seen on these forums.

8 hours ago, Karu-QW said:

What kind of logic is this..? Chance of failure? ARE YOU SERIOUS? If you fail to kill a Teralyst within 45 minutes, then you shouldn't be playing the game at all.

For real, how about less rewards, so people who (want) play solo can somewhat farm cores and shards too? Your ridiculous sentiment makes zero sense, and no one at DE would ever make it so the Ropalolyst would ever give more rewards than Tridolon, even with the night "downtime". 

Seriously though, calling Eidolons "hard" is one of the most laughable things I have ever seen on these forums.

Compared to the rest of Warframe they're certainly high up on the difficulty ladder. If you don't bring suitable gear or understanding of the fight, let alone a team with the same stuff, you'll find it difficult. Eidolons are currently easy because people have meta'd the hell out of them, what with Chroma and Snipers and Harrow and such. If you don't use meta gear they're much more challenging.

There is no such thing as something made easier for solo players that wouldn't also be easier for a full team. If the Rope dropped any form of feasible rewards for solo players, people would form meta-squads and blast through the mission far faster than a solo player could, once again making Eidolons not worth running due to time factors. There will always be ways to trivialise content with a meta. 

Warframe is first and foremost a co-op game, solo is feasible, but co-op will always be the focus. DE isn't going to make a piece of co-op heavy content worthless just so that solo players don't need to do it.

En 13/6/2019 a las 18:41, CuteFoxyFox dijo:

Of course not.

The Eidolon Teralyst alone is so much harder and takes so much more to beat than the Ropalolyst; (Heavy investments of Forma, Warframes, Weapons, Arcanes and Operator equipment), Not to speak of the Eidolon Gauntalyst and Hydrolist. 

If the Eidolon Teralyst doesn't drop any more than bronze Arcanes, there's no way on Earth the Ropalolyst which is so much easier and faster to beat than the Teralyst will drop Arcanes more rare than bronze.

The Eidolon boss fights on Plains are fairly accessible with a decent PC, even more so with the latest update to Plains. If I can do Tridolons with my Dual-Core 2.4Ghz CPU and Integrated Intel HD 5500 "GPU" nearly anyone can. If you have your Video Settings set to high or medium that's on you then.

People who "don't like" Tridolons are more often than not just reluctant to try new stuff, Eidolons are fun and challenging, and that's good. There is people out there with 2k Hydrolist captures, so "not liking" Eidolons is no excuse.

Adding arcanes to Ropalolyst will definitely crash the arcane market and DE doesn’t want that (because it will be less income for them). If you don’t know this, Arcanes used to drop from the removed trial missions and you can only do it twice per day  (Normal and Nightmare) for 2 unranked arcanes. 

When they moved the arcanes to eidolons, the market price for arcanes falls to 1/3 of their original prices. 

Another reason is that Arcanes are considered “the current” endgame/late game items. Adding it to a starchart boss that requires low investment to fight it effectively will cuts hours of game progression while eidolons requires heavy investment to operator schools, forma, maxed mods, gear items (like energy restores) to make the bosses farmable for the rare arcanes.

Instead of arcanes, adding Endo, Sentient cores, or even kuva to the ropalolyst and maybe all star chart bosses (except sentient cores of course) will add some replayability value to the missions.

I don't know what people are talking about with Rope-loli being easy, at least Terry and the boys only oneshot you if you stand under them after they give you fair warning.

Serious points now.

Ropalolyst was a fun concept, but there needs to be a way to get focus progression out of it (or some other sort of somewhat consistent reward). If that means a harder version needs to come out, then so be it, but such a well-designed boss fight should not be limited to 1 frame and some niche mods as rewards.

my problem with Tricaps...is the set up for it, it takes too much time, first i have to find a good group, then i have to convince them that i'm good at it and i have the proper tools, because they think i'm a noob because i'm mr 17, and i waste minutes of players asking me my caps and then ignore...i can't do it solo because i don't even like the mission, i just want a few quick runs, my clan doesn't do runs and i have no way of receiving these arcanes unless i pay stupid amounts of plat

so yea another way of gaining arcanes would be nice...although it would break trade chat prices, but i don't much care

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk