Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration improvements

LunaSelenis

Disclaimer: All Values are experimental, it is more about the suggestions themselfes then the Numbers.
All Suggestions to improve/add to this post are welcome. Also, this post may be Arbitration Megathread worthy, but im insecure so i do not know if its appropriate, so if a Moderator thinks that this should be a Megathread, feel free to add said tag, if possible.

I've been playing alot of Arbitration lately and i've noticed some things that really need improvement.

Rotation Length
For one, Rotations taking twice as long, can cause it to feel like you're wasting time or become very tedious after a while, which reduces fun and replayablity. 
Reducing it to be the normal rotation lengths (while having everything scale faster) would certainly help. (Rotation C at 20 Minutes onward instead of 40)

However, in case you do not wish to do that, for whatever reason you may have, i suggest that Enemies killed in Survival Missions reduce the time needed
to reach the next rotation (1 Enemy = -1 second). The Operative in Defense Missions should regenerate Health over time (10 Health per second). Interception
Missions being deciphered faster per Enemy killed while all 4 points are captured (0.25% per Enemy Killed).

The +300% Power Strength/Weapon Damage Modifiers i would prefer if they weren't for a specific Weapon or Frame,
but rather for a Category of Weapons/Frames since that would give alot more choice of what to play instead of only having this one Frame be empowered.
 As an example for Warframe Categories: 

Spoiler

All Stealth Frames (Ash, Ivara, Loki, Octavia, Wisp, Wukong)
All with a Name that is 4 letters or less (Ash, Frost, Gara, Loki, Mag, Mesa, Nova, Nyx, Volt, Wisp)
All that are Sound/Noise themed (Banshee, Octavia, (Rhino))
All with Exalted Weapons (Baruuk, Excalibur, Garuda, Hildryn, Ivara, Mesa, Titania, Valkyr, Wukong)
All with Invincibility (Gaara, Harrow, Hyldrin, Inaros, Nezha, Nidus, Rhino, Valkyr, (Wukong))
All that can regain Energy (Ember, Garuda, Harrow, Limbo, Nidus, Octavia, Trinity)
All DoT inflicting Warframes (Chroma, Ember, Equinox, Garuda, Inaros, Nezha, Nova, Saryn,)
All Basic Elemental Warframes (Chroma, Ember, Frost, Nezha, Vauban, Volt)
All Advanced Elemental Warframes (Hildryn, Hydroid, Nova, Oberon, Saryn)
All that can put Enemies to sleep (Baruuk, Equinox, Ivara, Khora)
All based on Vehicles (Titania, Vauban, Zephyr)
Adult Content (Harrow, Hydroid, Khora)
etc.

Something similar can be done to Weapons, as to restrict the Damage bonus to a Weapon Category/Weapon Class rather then a specific one.

The most effective way to do this would be to give every Warframe a hidden tag where it applies, so once a modifier has been randomly chosen all Warframes with the 
correct tags will be empowered. 

Rewards:

The majority of things the Vitus Essence Vendor has are quite bad. Most things are just something you get once and then never again and most of those things are not something
'Veterans' even want/need. I suggest adding all or some of the following Items to the Vitus Essence Vendor:

Spoiler

1000 Kuva for 1 Vitus Essence 
1000 Endo for 1 Vitus Essence 
1 Aura Forma Blueprint for 15 Vitus Essence
15 Cyan Ayatan Stars for 1 Vitus Essence
1 Umbral Forma for 150 Vitus Essence
3 Relic Packs for 1 Vitus Essence
Adaptation for 40 Vitus Essence
Rolling Guard for 35 Vitus Essence
Sharshooter for 30 Vitus Essence
Vigorous Swap for 25 Vitus Essence
Random Warframe Arcane for 50 Vitus Essence
1 Stalker Beacon for 3 Vitus Essence
1 Zanuka Beacon for 3 Vitus Essence
1 Grustag Three Beacon for 3 Vitus Essence
1 Wolf of Saturn Six Beacon for 9 Vitus Essence

I think that the changes suggested would greatly improve the gamemode, making it more fun and enjoyable. If anyone would like to add something to this post, please leave a comment so i may add whatever else is suggested.

11 minutes ago, LunaSelenis said:

i suggest that Enemies killed in Survival Missions reduce the time needed

I think you have forgotten how many enemies can be kill in five minutes say. You should try and determine this and figure out what a sensible amount is. In the end, I don’t think this will work very well.

I don’t really see the benefit of category buffs. I am not sure how much it would change - I typically ignore them and just use what I want to anyway. 

Improvements to rewards would be a nice change. I am just collecting Vitus now. I don’t have everything from the shop, but there is nothing I want.

35 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I think you have forgotten how many enemies can be kill in five minutes say. You should try and determine this and figure out what a sensible amount is. In the end, I don’t think this will work very well.

I don’t really see the benefit of category buffs. I am not sure how much it would change - I typically ignore them and just use what I want to anyway. 

Improvements to rewards would be a nice change. I am just collecting Vitus now. I don’t have everything from the shop, but there is nothing I want.

i try to get as much use out of these buffs, because i like playing different things. I don't have this one go-to Loadout that i play non-stop.

The Survival change would be instead of having normal length rotations.

54 minutes ago, LunaSelenis said:

Disclaimer: All Values are experimental, it is more about the suggestions themselfes then the Numbers.

Numbers can always be changed. 🙂

1 hour ago, LunaSelenis said:

Numbers can always be changed

Yes, but it makes it hard to convince people that an idea is good when the numbers are unrealistic. For a survival, you are suggesting removing one minute for every 60 enemies you kill. That’s why I was saying to run some and see if it’s realistic.

• There is a reason the rotations are longer. I doubt DE will return them to normal. And I am not sure they would implement a system to let us do that either.
1 hour ago, LunaSelenis said:

I don't have this one go-to Loadout that i play non-stop

I don’t see how this is relevant.