Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory on Why Farming Squad is Dead

SuperPiatos

I know this is a late reaction on the "farming squad" changed a few patches ago. Been meaning to type it but haven't got the time.

So, as for those who do not know, these abilities no longer stack with each other: Desecrate (Nekros; multiple Nekros will no longer stack too), Pilfering Swarm (Hydroid) & Pilfering Strangledome (Khora) and I think I know the reason why.

I don't know if this is true or not, because I've been here on this community for only half a year, but DE has been sort of giving us what we ask and I think they got fed up due to their efforts having negative feedback from the community.

One of these efforts is the addition of the revive mechanic in Arbitrations. Even with the revive mechanic, the community is still bashing DE about how bad Arbitration is, but for us newbies (or at least for me) who hasn't experienced The Law of Retribution or some other dead game modes, Arbitration is pretty okay to test our capabilities. But the community is still angry about DE for not changing the Arbitration to their liking. And this where the "farming squad" nerf came.

One of the reliable ways to farm endo was doing the Arenas in Sedna. I've read from a forums at least 4 months ago that the ideal setup was Despoil Nekros, SpeedvaEV Trinity and Pilfdroid. So I immediately farmed Hydroid and bought a Hydroid Prime for that purpose only but I was still new to the game so I took my time to make my frame strong and capable on doing Arena. But when the Pilfering Strangledome came out, Hydroid was immediately swapped out and Khora came in. So I bought Khora with a plat because I've heard that farming her parts is excruciating and forma'ed her. And 3 or so days later, the nerf came in. It hurts so invest so much on a frame for a single purpose and to be taken away from you days after that.

A few weeks later, I stayed far from Arena and did other missions and saw a Khora in the Disruption mission and was really useful on stopping those suicide bombers. Few hours later, I did an Arbitration Survival mission to test out my abilities and when I got to 20 mins, that is where I realized this: people were abusing the "farming squad" so much that they forgot other game modes. DE has put an effort to Arbitration and people are only seeing it as the "unwanted child" even with the putting ephemeras in the rewards table (yes I know that the drop rate is sooooooo S#&$ty for the ephemeras that's why I don't think about it when I go into Arbis) and people will also always say "remove the sculptures from the rewards table". I think DE got insulted and nerfed the "farming squad" to remind people that you can farm endo in Arbitrations, a long and excruciating farm for a measly amount and the resource farming is one of the collateral damage.

TL;DR: DE nerfed "farming squad" so that people will "appreciate" Arbitrations.

1 hour ago, SuperPiatos said:

TL;DR: DE nerfed "farming squad" so that people will "appreciate" Arbitrations.

Well this is a long shot...

I don't think the Arbitration changes and the farming nerf have anything to do with eachother. As I understand, they nerfed the "farming squad" a way the game was originally intended to work. They changed the Arbitrations because the host dying and rage quitting lead to unwanted host migrations. Sure, nerfing how farming worked may have lead to Arbitration being the best way getting endo, but I doubt this was their goal.

Just ask yourself, how would you feel if someone made you do something you don't like and criticize constantly, just to make you like it? Yeah, this would backfire pretty badly.