Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Major FPS drops post u25.1.2

KathleenRosetail

Hey, Apologies for the lackluster title but I had that issue since said update hit.

My specs are as follows;

W10pro 17134, AMD FX8150, 16gb ram, GTX 970 for reference. I understand that the CPU is old, but it had no issues before the update.

My primary issue is my ingame performance absolutely tanks entirely (on the Liset, in a mission, on a relay, stress test, etc), dropping to less than 30fps when graphical settings are at high at 1920x1080 when there wasn't any issues before u25.1.2. My GPU remains at a constant 100% load, and never going past 50c. If anything, it REMAINS at 50 regardless what I do ingame. Before u25.1.2, my average graphic status would range from 80-90% load and temps of 60-70c.

I know that it's warframe as I've tried other applications like TF2/Space Engine, and they're all getting very playable frame rates despite their spaghetti-code/graphics demand

Things I've tried: Reinstalling via both Steam and Discord, with verify and optimise on both. Updated graphics drivers/bios. Turning all graphical settings down to the absolute minimum in fullscreen (now getting ~60-70fps). Changing what DirectX the game is running in via launcher.

Is there anything else that I need to try? Could it possibly be related to the optimisations? I dunno. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm getting same issues since last update. Manifesting mostly last 2 days.

Intel I7-6700K
Nvidia 1070
16gb 2400 Ram
W10 

2560x1440

This rig can handle a lot of games far more graphically imposing than warframe with minimal effort. 

MOST IMPORTANTLY HOWEVER

It has handled warframe at max graphics at 2560x1440 with no hassle at all, effortlessly for months, then for no reason at all it starts dropping FPS all over the place. In the relays, on the ship, in missions etc etc. WE shouldn't have to be looking for work arounds to make your still supported game work properly. Normally a quick reset of the game or, annoyingly, the PC will sort this out but it's not having it this time.

Sort it. I don't care what other users want to say about their workload etc etc. This is a core problem that affects a lot of people from what i see. Sort it.

DE I understand you have a lot going on but stuff like this is just ridiculous. Sort the core problems out before releasing constant streams of new content.

Edited by Abadonae

6 hours ago, KathleenRosetail said:

My primary issue is my ingame performance absolutely tanks entirely (on the Liset, in a mission, on a relay, stress test, etc), dropping to less than 30fps when graphical settings are at high at 1920x1080 when there wasn't any issues before u25.1.2. My GPU remains at a constant 100% load, and never going past 50c. If anything, it REMAINS at 50 regardless what I do ingame. Before u25.1.2, my average graphic status would range from 80-90% load and temps of 60-70c.

Hi KathleenRosetail,

Can you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log after you've had this issue occur? It would also be helpful if you type something in chat around the time you experience the performance drop, for example just typing "slowperf" will help.

You can find your log files by clicking the little cogwheel at the corner of your Warframe launcher, and a support ticket can be submitted here.

Thanks!

GetLogs.png

10 hours ago, KathleenRosetail said:

My GPU remains at a constant 100% load, and never going past 50c. If anything, it REMAINS at 50 regardless what I do ingame. Before u25.1.2, my average graphic status would range from 80-90% load and temps of 60-70c.

Higher load percentage with colder temperature and lower FPS, these might be the problem:

1. Power management mode stuck in slow clock mode? Open Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, program settings, Warframe.x64.exe, Power management mode, high performance or Adaptive.

2. GTX 970 have 3.5 GB limit, pushing past this limit will slow down. Try texture memory of medium or low. More about this graphics card limit: https://www.google.com/search?q=GTX+970+3.5+GB

37 minutes ago, sam686 said:

Higher load percentage with colder temperature and lower FPS, these might be the problem:

1. Power management mode stuck in slow clock mode? Open Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, program settings, Warframe.x64.exe, Power management mode, high performance or Adaptive.

2. GTX 970 have 3.5 GB limit, pushing past this limit will slow down. Try texture memory of medium or low. More about this graphics card limit: https://www.google.com/search?q=GTX+970+3.5+GB

Sadly, neither of these worked.