Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe a good game?

Randomdudu_K

Question

It's flawed, no doubt about. But  an outright bad one? No.

The game has a good lore and story once you're willing to decipher it for one, so that's a pretty good plus. In some places the actual writing is downright inspired (I love Ordis's backstory), although not everwhere. I stand by the Cinematic quests as excellent storytelling experiences.

Gameplay-wise, the player's options, movement and all that has been honed to a razors edge, a dance of movement, gunfire and blades. There's a few pockmarks here and there (melee stances need work) but that's true of any game.

The combat loop is what's really in need of work, particularly how the enemies and environments interact with the above mentioned player character influence. The game needs a challenge, and right now, the things that aren't the player aren't providing any reason for creative play. Enemies, objectives and environments need to limit us in order to make the gameplay truly shine.

1 hour ago, Chronometria said:

It is a good game for newcomers, but is letting down its veteran players who have literally nothing new to do. Lets hope that changes, because a great many of us log in, get our dailies and log out....and that's our endgame.

Oh yes the """"veterans"""". I kinda hate this """""veteran""""" labelling. I find it so dumb... 

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's flawed, no doubt about. But  an outright bad one? No.

The game has a good lore and story once you're willing to decipher it for one, so that's a pretty good plus. In some places the actual writing is downright inspired (I love Ordis's backstory), although not everwhere. I stand by the Cinematic quests as excellent storytelling experiences.

Gameplay-wise, the player's options, movement and all that has been honed to a razors edge, a dance of movement, gunfire and blades. There's a few pockmarks here and there (melee stances need work) but that's true of any game.

The combat loop is what's really in need of work, particularly how the enemies and environments interact with the above mentioned player character influence. The game needs a challenge, and right now, the things that aren't the player aren't providing any reason for creative play. Enemies, objectives and environments need to limit us in order to make the gameplay truly shine.

we have one enemy that limits us though, known as nullifier so we need more of this kind of enemy?

Warframe, 

God i have a weird love/hate relationship to this game.

Basically if you get into Warframe. It's fun with the quests etc.

Until you get to that point there is pretty much nothing to do except one thing: G R I N D.

I would give it an 8/10

The 2 missing points are Raid's (trials) and Old School Void.

Lets leave the jokes aside.

The game has excellent gameplay, regardless of what's under the hood, you want it the game has it, guns, swords, spells, assassins, marksmen, paladins, mages...
Lots of side activities to keep you occupied (K-drives, Scans, Floofs, Gathering, etc.)
Good lore, decent story and apart from the inevitable host migrations runs mostly ok.
It's really beautiful, considering it's age, OV, the new PoE, most frame designs (esp. some Tennogen).
All in all it is a good game, it's just not the "second life MMO" type that a lot of people (me included) want it to be.

30 minutes ago, 844448 said:

we have one enemy that limits us though, known as nullifier so we need more of this kind of enemy?

More like redistributing it so it's not as binary. More of it but less intense. Enemies that can resist a handful of Warframe powers in a significant way, like Shield Lancers blocking Mesa's Peacemaker and drawing aggro when they're in the reticule, making their presence in a squad an obstacle to Mesa's nuking potential as she can't affect clumps of foes that include Shield Lancers, but she remains powerful to other sources.

There could also be situations like having it so flying enemies don't care about Stomp, Hallowed Ground or other ground-based abilities, but get hit worse by things like Reckoning or Sonic boom that they can't brace against the ground and the like. Actual limitations baked into enemies like Mario Spinies or Doom's Pinkies, instead of just 'oh hey, you just can't use your powers now.'

49 minutes ago, Reinier94 said:

Warframe, 

God i have a weird love/hate relationship to this game.

Basically if you get into Warframe. It's fun with the quests etc.

Until you get to that point there is pretty much nothing to do except one thing: G R I N D.

I would give it an 8/10

The 2 missing points are Raid's (trials) and Old School Void.

Or, simply having fun blasting enemies away without thinking about grind, that helps

Youtube videos from certain partners are nothing more than updates or opinions in video form, instead of a post, they make a video.

The issue is that this makes them talk about the exact same things over and over, just with different points of view.

I personally ignore most videos because they don't often reflect how i feel, for example, some may complain on the lack of things to do or lack of content, but i'm perfectly fine doing the content that exists already, practicing old missions, helping others, doing some arbitrations or jupiter runs to gather the resources for future use.

Not only i do not build every single piece of equipment (since mastery isn't my goal) i also gather things in higher ammounts for future use, my clan is oddly filled with high MR players, i'm probably the lowest MR player in the clan, yet i have the combined experience of all the players inside, i also save some time to manage the clan, improve it, decorate some rooms.

My interest in warframe isn't super hardcore, but maybe that's why i'm still around, ever since i stoped playing mass effect, warframe has been my replacement.

Thats a very strange question dude..
What kind of answer are you expecting??

Because this is a Warframe dedicated forum...so, are you expecting bad reviews?  or are you just trolling the community?
Like OP said, do you think if we don´t like the game, we came to the forums write about it???
Really?
Sorry for the salt..but is redundant question...
Geezzez..

5 hours ago, Chronometria said:

It is a good game for newcomers, but is letting down its veteran players who have literally nothing new to do. Lets hope that changes, because a great many of us log in, get our dailies and log out....and that's our endgame.

I understand what you mean, buit you don't have any reason on that!
How can a game give you infinite content? do you pay monthly for that? how can that be..? In WOW you paid a monthly fee, and because so, you are in the right for demand more content, but not in Warframe. You play free! there aren´t monthly fees..

All the veterans guys I know, play the game for more than 2/3 years, are all MR27 , and have EVERYTHING ( i mean everything, aside from some fashionframe things) ,and the majority of them Spent 0 $$ in all their Playthrough (and i believe them), and they say the same thing.. It´s not fair. You play for free, enjoying yourself for more than 2/3 years ( plus 1500 hours of gameplay, for free) and you criticise for not havgingmore content..?? 2 years playing a lot = lots of content!!
I cant uderstand that.. You know, the developers have bills to pay, and mouths to feed...We play for free, but they don´t work for free ..i guess

The players that are spending money, are the ones like i was a few months ago,  starting playing the game, not the so called veterans... 

It feels very strange, people that are playing fore more than 2 years, and for free complaining about it.., in a game that has literelly, hundred of hours of gameplay, and they say the game lacks content??? It doesn't soud right...really..

I play PC games for more tha 25 years ( yep..i am an old guy..), and it surprises me, DE always delivering new thigs, and reworking old things... and for a game that is free to play ( where you can get all the good stuff, if you farm it),

And if i played a Game for more tha 2/3 years, then its because the gamne has content and its fun..and o lot of it..because 2 years playing the same game, it must be because its good!!!!! And don´t forget, there will be a day, when you have to stop. All good thing cant be new forever. Even the best game, there is a point when you end it. If you are tired of it, do a 1 year break, and when return, i bet you will find new things to do!

( So many good games out there..don´t blame this one for your lack of interest..its normal to get tired of a game, accept it)

😉

The problem is that the content they work very hard on simply isn't repeatable. We need events that aren't abandoned after we get the only decent reward they offer and instead offer some replayability. In games like Warcraft that is either some sort of raid/ dungeon content or solo/team/grand pvp. Currently warframe has neither of those and desperately needs something like that to give clans a reason to exist. This has become a game where playing without friends is often preferable to playing with others and that is a real issue.

All our warframes are armed to the teeth, perfected and our skills are well honed.....for nothing, at the moment. We really are all dressed up with nowhere to go and giving us more frames or weapons is pointless without giving us things to do with them. We have endless stuff and no purpose.

Give us a reworked raid system, or a pvp that actually works, or some sort of mass battle cooperative and things will turn around. The railjack looks to be something like this and I am glad of that.....but it isn't here yet.